Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:01 pm

While I’m in the mood :-

I hate sitting at football.
I hate the new website with its adverts
I hate VAR
I hate diving and feigning injury
I hate the on line programme idea.
I hate possession football
I hate one up front Striker at home that either can’t score or gets no service.
I hate unnecessary pass backs to the keeper only for him to re boot it up field.
I hate eating at football
I hate fake Ale at football grounds on gassey taps
I hate Fulham and their modern rattles
I hate the unfair distribution of football finances down the leagues

There is bound to be more, but I feel better now that’s out.

O I love Shotsweb for allowing me the ability to vent my spleen :D

Portly Stilton Shot
Re: Online Programmes

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 am

Here's another example from Scottish Club Queen's Park

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=7556

(Click on the word "here" to view the programme.)

Note the teams are on the first page and there are only TWO adverts.

Strange no fixtures list included. Otherwise a good production in my view. Rather see it on paper though.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:55 am

The real problem if you want to print a copy is that it is set up for a page size between A4 & A3 which very few people are likely to have at home. e-programmes net to be created for AT format so user can create a booklet using A4 paper.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:55 am
The real problem if you want to print a copy is that it is set up for a page size between A4 & A3 which very few people are likely to have at home. e-programmes net to be created for AT format so user can create a booklet using A4 paper. You need to click on "Booklet" in your print settings.
As it was only 7 pages I tried it, it does print out onto A4 which you then fold in half to make into an A5 booklet, the tricky bit is then stapling it if you only have a short arm stapler. I just used an upturned cardboard Box stapled down into the bottom of the box through the crease in the programme and then using the flat edge of some scissors folded the staples down. I knew all that watching Blue Peter shows as a kid where they showed you how to make things would come in handy, all I was missing was my sticky back plastic :lol:

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:04 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:24 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:55 am
The real problem if you want to print a copy is that it is set up for a page size between A4 & A3 which very few people are likely to have at home. e-programmes net to be created for AT format so user can create a booklet using A4 paper. You need to click on "Booklet" in your print settings.
As it was only 7 pages I tried it, it does print out onto A4 which you then fold in half to make into an A5 booklet, the tricky bit is then stapling it if you only have a short arm stapler. I just used an upturned cardboard Box stapled down into the bottom of the box through the crease in the programme and then using the flat edge of some scissors folded the staples down. I knew all that watching Blue Peter shows as a kid where they showed you how to make things would come in handy, all I was missing was my sticky back plastic :lol:
Did you make the dodgy looking Tracy Island from Blue Peter Richard ?
Always thought those advent candle coat hanger mobiles were a proper fire risk :shock:

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:41 pm

No I didn't make the Tracy Island but you have just reminded me about the candle mobile, I did make that and got wax all over the carpet, my parents were not too happy.

I also remember them showing us how to make a model plane that had a propeller that was powered by twisting a long rubber band, that was actually a really good one.