Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:21 am
Trouts wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 am
Alex wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:29 pm
161 away fans
there were more than that
Yes it did look more than that my little haddock!
Me and my lad paid at a little window at the ground and were given two scraps of paper that had the word ‘Away’ hand-written on them. When we got to the entrance the steward asked if we had tickets with a barcode on them. When we said we only had these two scraps of paper he let us in through the fire exit. Might explain the under counting maybe?

Disturbed Postie
Re: Tonight vs Chesterfield

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 am

Mytshot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:39 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:21 am
Trouts wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 am

there were more than that
Yes it did look more than that my little haddock!
Me and my lad paid at a little window at the ground and were given two scraps of paper that had the word ‘Away’ hand-written on them. When we got to the entrance the steward asked if we had tickets with a barcode on them. When we said we only had these two scraps of paper he let us in through the fire exit. Might explain the under counting maybe?
I had that as well, unusual!

supershots

Post by supershots » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:23 am

Sounds like either the club or the turnstile operates have a scam going

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Myshot, Sounds like the sort of information that might be of interest to Chesterfield's management and the tax authorities. On the face of it extremely dodgy.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm
Myshot, Sounds like the sort of information that might be of interest to Chesterfield's management and the tax authorities. On the face of it extremely dodgy.
Not suggesting anything underhand at all, just pointing out that we were given tickets without a barcode and therefore weren't scanned in. It seems others experienced the same thing.

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19 pm
tonygodfrey wrote:
Not suggesting anything underhand at all, just pointing out that we were given tickets without a barcode and therefore weren't scanned in. It seems others experienced the same thing.
Sounds a bit or a lot scammy though, eh...

Melbourne Red

Post by Melbourne Red » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:02 pm

scorp wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:40 pm
Mytshot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19 pm
tonygodfrey wrote:
Sounds a bit or a lot scammy though, eh...
Interesting points about the ticketing - I also thought there were significantly more than 161 shots fans there (I misheard it as 261 at the ground, which sounded about right) and was also given a piece of paper with AWAY written on it (and let in through the fire escape). Was there anyone who didn’t have an advance ticket who got a proper one or went through the turnstyles at the ground?

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm

If you check the Chesterfield Away thread, it would appear that Chesterfield were going to charge away fans £20, then realised they had to charge same as home fans in similar area but didn't have any tickets printed, so had to use written tickets because of this.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Just seen some highlights.

Goal 1 - fair enough decent move, maybe Kinsella could have been tighter at the far post to prevent the lay back.

Fenelon miss - not as bad as some hinted.

Goal 2 - Rob was raving about how good it was on the radio but I’m sorry, absolutely shocking from us, nobody even attempted to stop Carter!

McClure chance - as usual should have done better.

Goal 3 - very soft ‘challenge’ for the pen then Cole had no chance.

After listening and watching GW and Rendell after the match they’re obviously not happy.

I’m just disappointed and surprised a GW team can start a new season so flat.

Let’s hit back against Solihull and the Daggers!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm

No way of sugar coating it we have had a bad start.

For me its more the Barnet game that was the disappointment as they were not that far above us that we couldn't have nicked the win, the Chesterfield game was exactly as most people would have predicted it would be.

As soon as the fixtures came out I knew we were going to get off to a bad start as Barnet & Chesterfield are the two teams most likely to dominate the league. The crunch point when we can realistically begin to get a feel for how we may do this season is after the next two games. Although Solihull are joint top with Chesterfield they are a team that we have the capability to beat, the same applies to Dagenham. If we beat these two then we are on track, if we were to get less than 4 points out of the next two games then I think even my "Glass half full" may start to look a little empty.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 pm

I think this Saturdays game is important not just for the points and the uplift it would give everyone if we won, but ,even at this early stage of the season, if we were to lose on Saturday, then i fear the attendance for the Daggers game could be not what we hope for, Lets get a win on Saturday boy's, and get the Rec rocking on Tuesday C.O.Y.S..

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:11 pm
Just seen some highlights.

Goal 1 - fair enough decent move, maybe Kinsella could have been tighter at the far post to prevent the lay back.

Fenelon miss - not as bad as some hinted.

Goal 2 - Rob was raving about how good it was on the radio but I’m sorry, absolutely shocking from us, nobody even attempted to stop Carter!

McClure chance - as usual should have done better.

Goal 3 - very soft ‘challenge’ for the pen then Cole had no chance.

After listening and watching GW and Rendell after the match they’re obviously not happy.

I’m just disappointed and surprised a GW team can start a new season so flat.

Let’s hit back against Solihull and the Daggers!
Agree about the 2nd goal Alex, surrounded by four players, yet he was still able to take the ball to the box & score....Terrible defending

ians

Post by ians » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:59 pm

The defending by Osbourne is 1. Appalling and 2. Worrying :o

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:30 am

ians wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:59 pm
The defending by Osbourne is 1. Appalling and 2. Worrying :o
I didn't see the Chesterfield game but against Barnet, we looked more solid and comfortable as a unit with a nervy Smith then we did with Osborne... Hopefully he's just getting his fitness up.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Having seen the highlights, should have done so much better with the two clear chances, the second goal was terrible to concede, how could their player be allowed to go past that many players so easily? The foul for the penalty looked outside the box to me but by that time it made little difference to the end result.