Will mannion

Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Will mannion

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm sure Jake Cole will have already been made aware about any arrangements when they say down to discuss his future at the end of last season.
Pretty sure any talk of being 1st or 2nd choice would have been spoken about and after 2 games I'd have no reason to think Gary has gone against his word/agreement.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Will mannion

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm

GuyB wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 pm
ians wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:49 pm
Is this the guy that played against Oxford?

I don't think so - my (admittedly dodgy) memory thinks that lad was blonde.
Definitely not the guy that played against Oxford, and your memory is right, he was Blonde.

Shots1954
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 pm

So, we re-sign a keeper, give him 2 games then go out and take another on loan until January when my thoughts are we need a striker or 2. Sorry don't understand this at all.

Swedishshot
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by Swedishshot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 pm
So, we re-sign a keeper, give him 2 games then go out and take another on loan until January when my thoughts are we need a striker or 2. Sorry don't understand this at all.
All very well saying we need strikers but, strikers need the service to score. I'm not against us having a new striker to boost the ranks but give rens and Holman the service and they will score

Mytshot
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Mytchett
Re: Will mannion

Post by Mytshot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Swedishshot wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 pm
So, we re-sign a keeper, give him 2 games then go out and take another on loan until January when my thoughts are we need a striker or 2. Sorry don't understand this at all.
All very well saying we need strikers but, strikers need the service to score. I'm not against us having a new striker to boost the ranks but give rens and Holman the service and they will score
Sure about that? Our strikers were through on goal twice with just the keeper to beat on Tuesday and failed to score.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Will mannion

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 pm
So, we re-sign a keeper, give him 2 games then go out and take another on loan until January when my thoughts are we need a striker or 2. Sorry don't understand this at all.
Every team needs two keepers, we only had one and now we have two good keepers. All I’ve heard today from non-Aldershot supporting friends is what a good signing Mannion is.

Shots1954
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:22 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 pm
So, we re-sign a keeper, give him 2 games then go out and take another on loan until January when my thoughts are we need a striker or 2. Sorry don't understand this at all.
Every team needs two keepers, we only had one and now we have two good keepers. All I’ve heard today from non-Aldershot supporting friends is what a good signing Mannion is.
I have no problem with the signing of Mannion at all just can't understand why and now

HarryTom
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by HarryTom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:22 pm
aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 pm
So, we re-sign a keeper, give him 2 games then go out and take another on loan until January when my thoughts are we need a striker or 2. Sorry don't understand this at all.
Every team needs two keepers, we only had one and now we have two good keepers. All I’ve heard today from non-Aldershot supporting friends is what a good signing Mannion is.
I have no problem with the signing of Mannion at all just can't understand why and now
Why, because we only had one keeper, and now, if one gets an injury we have now got cover,

Shots1954
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:22 pm
aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm


Every team needs two keepers, we only had one and now we have two good keepers. All I’ve heard today from non-Aldershot supporting friends is what a good signing Mannion is.
I have no problem with the signing of Mannion at all just can't understand why and now
Why, because we only had one keeper, and now, if one gets an injury we have now got cover,
Why didn't we sign another before the season start? We all know now what's going to happen, Jake will be dropped, sadly.

Norwich Nick
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Re: Will mannion

Post by Norwich Nick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:22 pm
I have no problem with the signing of Mannion at all just can't understand why and now
Why, because we only had one keeper, and now, if one gets an injury we have now got cover,
Why didn't we sign another before the season start? We all know now what's going to happen, Jake will be dropped, sadly.
Wasn't he due to sign ready for the start of the season only to pick up a knock that delayed things?.....I'm sure someone had said as much.

Looks like a good signing to me, hopefully Jake Cole's expectations have been appropriately managed.

shots1965
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: Will mannion

Post by shots1965 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Play them both at the same time

Might keep a clean sheet
COYS

RuislipShot
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Re: Will mannion

Post by RuislipShot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:51 pm

^ :lol:

jonty
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:21 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by jonty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm

It doesn’t matter if Cole has done anything wrong or not won’t know what mannion can do till you play him

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:04 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 pm
Play them both at the same time

Might keep a clean sheet
COYS
I’d play one of them up front.

Headley Shot
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: Will mannion

Post by Headley Shot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm

There’s another, perhaps more likely possibility.
Jake has had problems with back injuries in the past and maybe he needs “managing” as Gary puts it ?
Meaning, Jake could play but still isn’t 100% fit and can’t play every match without aggravating the niggle.
Will hasn’t been signed for the season, just until January. That may give Jake enough time to get 100% but as others have said, you definitely need 2 keepers minimum, perhaps 3 if unlucky with injuries.


Post Reply