Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Shots Supporters Trust
Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by Shots Supporters Trust » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 am

It has been brought to the attention of Aldershot Town FC and the Shots Trust that supporters’ behaviour has recently become a growing negative issue both at home and away matches.

Whilst the vast majority of our supporters show impeccably positive behaviour at our fixtures, there has been a small minority creating a negative matchday experience for others.

We, both as a club and Supporters’ Trust, wholly condemn anti-social and criminal behaviour and we operate a zero tolerance stance on the matter. Club Directors, along with the Shots Trust will be collaborating with Hampshire Constabulary and our Matchday Safety Management Team to ensure that anybody identified displaying this kind of behaviour will be issued with significant banning orders.

The club has immense pride in our fan base and the reputation they have in providing a positive family atmosphere on matchdays. We are disheartened that this minority is harming that reputation.

----
Also available now on www.theshots.co.uk and www.shotstrust.co.uk

supershots
Re: Joint Statement on Unacceptable Behaviour

Post by supershots » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:36 am

Does that extend to the posters on this site?

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:17 am

Does the recent increase in anti-social behaviour by a very small minority of our supporters coincide with the departure of a very well respected police officer that used to attend Shots matches? Just a thought.

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Is this to do with Ebbsfleet?

Reach for the Stars

Post by Reach for the Stars » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm

I must walk around with ears and eyes closed, I seem to miss all the bad stuff. Apart from the language sometimes being a bit unnecessary and the vitriolic tripe that a few people bellow out, I have always found our supporters to be far far better than other clubs. The level of loyalty shown, the volume we generate and the general salt of the earth qualities of our supporters are commendable...... and we can never be accused of being glory hunters...... supporting them through thin and thin!
It can be tough sometimes but I for one am proud to be a Shot.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:15 pm

I'd like to know what the club consider the unacceptable behaviour at home has been.

Yes some of the language can be a bit questionable at times but that's about all I've seen. All the home games this season have had very quiet away support and I'm not aware of any issues with away fans inside or outside the ground.

:o

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Reach for the Stars wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm
I must walk around with ears and eyes closed, I seem to miss all the bad stuff. Apart from the language sometimes being a bit unnecessary and the vitriolic tripe that a few people bellow out, I have always found our supporters to be far far better than other clubs. The level of loyalty shown, the volume we generate and the general salt of the earth qualities of our supporters are commendable...... and we can never be accused of being glory hunters...... supporting them through thin and thin!
It can be tough sometimes but I for one am proud to be a Shot.
Similar feelings here too.
Wonder what has prompted this announcement?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Josh wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm
That (thankfully isolated) incident has been dealt with and a banning order handed to the individual

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm
Josh wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm
That (thankfully isolated) incident has been dealt with and a banning order handed to the individual
Isolated!!! What about the idiot hauled out by two police at Solihull?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:51 pm

I meant the context of the Ebbsfleet incident

It's not a unique occurrence to see drunk people who get abusive thrown out

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

There was a group of idiot youths behind the goal at H&W who spent the whole game handing out abuse and then headed out into the local streets after the final whistle looking for some action. These lads are probably the source of the issues. Seen no problems at home games.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 pm

If you issue a deliberately oblique statement in order to deny publicity to perpetrators, or avoid potentuial challenge, there is a danger of issuing something too vague to be of use to the majoirty of readers.

This may be one of those occassions.

dalinz

Post by dalinz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:49 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm
There was a group of idiot youths behind the goal at H&W who spent the whole game handing out abuse and then headed out into the local streets after the final whistle looking for some action. These lads are probably the source of the issues. Seen no problems at home games.
The use of the word probably suggests you have no proof.
Making accusations without it makes things worse and makes you look like a trouble maker...

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Unfortunately there’s a small group of idiots following our great club home and away at the moment.

margateshot

Post by margateshot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Why should the club give all the details. They have made a statement saying bad behaviour will not be tolerated, which most people adhere to. To say that I must walk around with my eyes closed, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It has obviously been reported by someone and the club have given a warning or dealt with it, end of.