Match Day Thread vs EBBSFLEET

Ian Barnett
Re: Match Day Thread vs EBBSFLEET

Post by Ian Barnett » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:12 pm

I asked Gary Waddock this at the fans forum. His reply was that it takes time and Matt Bozier has been promoted to the first team squad.

To be fair to GW, it’s an Aldershot thing that has always been the same. Only Danny Hylton has progressed to make any real impression... Dave Winfield?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am

Ian Barnett wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:12 pm
I asked Gary Waddock this at the fans forum. His reply was that it takes time and Matt Bozier has been promoted to the first team squad.

To be fair to GW, it’s an Aldershot thing that has always been the same. Only Danny Hylton has progressed to make any real impression... Dave Winfield?
And Adam Mekki

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 am

Edwyn wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 pm
Chobham Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:50 am
With greatest respect to Malmesbury & Eagle but Howell’s reaction is all for show. I left at the final whistle today (I always wait for the final whistle no matter how hard it may be) but after our last home game v Barrow, which was a replica of today I hung around until all the players walked off. Howell was one of the last players to walk off v Barrow with a big smile on his face as he waved and gave a thumbs up 👍 to people he obviously knew in the North stand seats. I was livid!

Now, in my playing days, I don’t care who was watching me, but if I played sh!t and we lost a game, I wouldn’t be walking off a pitch smiling and waving to my personal fan club. I would be thoroughly pi$$ed off! I almost posted this a fortnight ago but I now feel compelled to do so!

The fact he won MoM today was laughable (as the crowd reaction showed). No outfield player deserved it today - it should have gone to Mannion by default (and he actually did well considering the shambles in front of him).

And in response to leafs (*surprised you’re here at this time of year) post, I mostly agree. I reckon 75% of the ball in our half during the game and every time we got the ball it either got knocked out of play, played aimlessly forward or simply given straight back to Ebbsfleet. Where I disagree with 🍁 is I do believe the players are giving the best they can, they are simply not good enough.

But it’s all ok because, according to some people with a multiple personality disorder, our home form will keep us up!

*My attempt at a humour in an otherwise angry and frustrated general vent!

Good night all.

Hi there Chobham shot.

Luke Howell here.

This post was brought to my attention by a family member who asked “did anyone go to watch you against barrow?”

My reply was no and so then this post was mentioned.

So I just thought I would mention that I was not smiling or giving the thumbs up to anyone after the barrow game as nobody was there to watch me! I always clap the fans and give a thumbs up to the fans for coming out rain or shine and waiting at the end of the game to see the players whether it’s been a good or bad performance.

I completely accept everybody’s opinions on players work rate, technical ability , leadership, whatever it may be and everyone is entitled to that and have different views.

However a comment on me as a person and putting on a ‘show’ is not fair.
Without wishing to incur the wrath of those that will accuse me of being a snowflake I am very sad to see a player (I assume this is a genuine post) feel compelled to come on here to defend himself against personal criticism. I have said something very similar in the past that there is a big difference in discussing how a player performed during a game to making personal comments about them.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:50 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:39 pm
Malmesbury Shot wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 pm
I had to go to the EBB lounge after todays game where I also watched Luke Powell’s presentation.

Unbelieveably open and honest appraisal of the game, team and where we’re at. He was constantly apologising and you could tell the and the way he was talking- the way the rest of the team feel.

He was so emotional it felt like he was almost choking- rightly he got a sincere round of applause from all present. Anyone present will know that it wasn’t a case of seeing someone who didn’t care.

Don’t get me wrong.. in my 40 years of watching the shots, that was one of the worst total performances I have ever seen (as Luke said, don’t start blaming injuries- every one of those players on the pitch is a professional, full-time footballer!)
Was also there for that interview

Best one I have ever seen from a player

Great that the players had their own lock in to talk about it - a leader may have emerged from that meeting
Did Luke say that? What game was the lock in after?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:50 am
Ancient Shot wrote:
Malmesbury Shot wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 pm
I had to go to the EBB lounge after todays game where I also watched Luke Powell’s presentation.

Unbelieveably open and honest appraisal of the game, team and where we’re at. He was constantly apologising and you could tell the and the way he was talking- the way the rest of the team feel.

He was so emotional it felt like he was almost choking- rightly he got a sincere round of applause from all present. Anyone present will know that it wasn’t a case of seeing someone who didn’t care.

Don’t get me wrong.. in my 40 years of watching the shots, that was one of the worst total performances I have ever seen (as Luke said, don’t start blaming injuries- every one of those players on the pitch is a professional, full-time footballer!)

Great that the players had their own lock in to talk about it - a leader may have emerged from that meeting
Eagle Shot's post near the bottom of p8. 'Lock in' was maybe the wrong terminology.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 am

Birdman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:50 am
Ancient Shot wrote:

Eagle Shot's post near the bottom of p8. 'Lock in' was maybe the wrong terminology.
Oh! :shock:

Chobham Shot

Post by Chobham Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:54 pm

Regular readers of this forum will (hopefully) know I am not in the habit of criticising players. However, I made a big mistake in the early hours of Sunday morning with my post regarding Luke Howell.

I wish to make a public apology to Luke for my comments, which called into question his character and integrity. These are not views I hold about Luke (or any other player for that matter) and I believe him to be a most genuine and sincere person. My comments were foolish, I was wrong and I am sorry. I also apologise for any hurt or distress I may have caused Luke or his family.

Luke, if you happen to read this post, I have also sent you a personal message with a more in-depth apology! Furthermore, I will endeavour to meet you in the near future to offer you my apology face to face.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Chobham Shot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:54 pm
Regular readers of this forum will (hopefully) know I am not in the habit of criticising players. However, I made a big mistake in the early hours of Sunday morning with my post regarding Luke Howell.

I wish to make a public apology to Luke for my comments, which called into question his character and integrity. These are not views I hold about Luke (or any other player for that matter) and I believe him to be a most genuine and sincere person. My comments were foolish, I was wrong and I am sorry. I also apologise for any hurt or distress I may have caused Luke or his family.

Luke, if you happen to read this post, I have also sent you a personal message with a more in-depth apology! Furthermore, I will endeavour to meet you in the near future to offer you my apology face to face.
That reads like it was written by Theresa May or one of her ilk.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Chobham Shot wrote:

Good post chobham shot, I’m pretty sure Luke will accept your apology!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 pm
Chobham Shot wrote:

Er no observer it reads like it was written by a decent man who in the fog of despair after Saturday made an off the cuff comment which in hindsight he regrets making but has the balls to come on here and admit to that publicly and apologise for doing so.

Well said Chobham Shot

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:16 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Chobham Shot wrote:

Er no observer it reads like it was written by a decent man who in the fog of despair after Saturday made an off the cuff comment which in hindsight he regrets making but has the balls to come on here and admit to that publicly and apologise for doing so.

Well said Chobham Shot
Ditto.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Quietobserver wrote:
Chobham Shot wrote:

Well said Chobham Shot
Ditto.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 pm

He’s as likely to sound like a politician as I am becoming an enthusiast in Russian literature!

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 pm
He’s as likely to sound like a politician as I am becoming an enthusiast in Russian literature!
Postie,don't knock Russian Literature, Check out LEO TOLSTOY and FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKY you might be pleasantly surprised !!

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Quietobserver wrote:
Chobham Shot wrote:

Well said Chobham Shot
It is possible to write an apology without sounding like a politician though. Then again you come from the business realm whereby people tend to make statements where they write like politicians aswell.