Match Day Thread vs EBBSFLEET

Alex
Re: Match Day Thread vs EBBSFLEET

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:02 pm

MikeO wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:49 pm
Just listened to Gary''s post match interview and I really felt for him. Fair play to Chris who hung in with his questions to Gary. A very difficult situation for both, and how are Shots going to dig themselves out of this deepening hole?
That hurt watching and listening to GW. As a fan who really cares (and obviously I know there are many many more also) I was close to tears, probably for GW more than anything/anyone else.

I’m sure himself and JR will continue to give all they can though! Just hope the players listen and follow...

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:13 pm
Six goals in the last ten games tells us where the problem lies.

Unless that woeful return is improved, opinions on relegation are irrelevant - it'll be formality.
Unfortunately I think you’re right 😱

MANNIMIST

Post by MANNIMIST » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:06 pm

NINE players unavailable for whatever reasons. So it was always going to be a bit disjointed. Beaten by a better (and
larger!) team. My disappointment was seeing Waddock & Rowe slumped in their dugout seats not urging the players on.
We lost a game of football - more to life!

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Football is life

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Come on Alex , grow a pair, I am also a fan who care,s a lot about ATFC,, but close to tears ! never ever will i shed a tear about football, feel sad , a bit pissed off,maybe.

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 pm

That reminded me of Dillon's last games against Oxford and Hereford, or some of Andy Scott's worst days. Just nothing in the team, they were a bunch of individuals that looked beaten far too early and too easily. We haven't scored in over four league games (since McDonnell v Braintree?) and today didn't look like scoring at all. Injuries and lack of confidence have hit us hard, but we need somebody to drag us up off the floor. Where are those leaders?

Feels so strange saying any of this after such a battling performance on Tuesday.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Has to be said that was awful.

Other than McDonnell and Kinsella we looked exactly what we are... a load of young kids trying to hold their own in adult football. It was almost embarassing to watch.

Ebbsfleet, themselves not exactly world beaters, won at a canter, hardly getting out of first gear.

Im not sure what the problem is, waddock has signed some very poor players this season. Gambling on injury prone 'experianced' players has proven a disaster.

It feels like there is no leadership at the club at all. I dont know if the board no longer have the time required to run the club properly but we seem to be drifting along just hoping for the best.

Its not good enough. Serious questions need to be answered

Fair Oak Shot

Post by Fair Oak Shot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 pm

AberdeenShots wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:47 pm
If Waddock stays we won’t go down.

If Waddock goes we’ll probably go down.

Waddock is the best manager in the section.
Not based on his squad pick this year. Waddock has been relegated & sacked elsewhere before. With the injury crisis and lack of funds what can he really do to turn the poor form round. We don't really have the personnel to adapt to a different style of play & I can't see Waddock having enough money in January to make enough of a change to this squad to make a real difference. We need stronger & better quality players all over the pitch.

At the moment we are shipping goals and not scoring enough, neither is there enough fight or desire shown on the pitch.

In the first half today Ebbsfleet United looked like the home team, not us.

The battlers like Kinsella & Gallagher are too few for the sort of scrapping for our survival that we are going to have to do.

I have not felt this despondant about a Shots Squad for a long long time.

Josh

Post by Josh » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Red-n-Blue wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:13 pm
Six goals in the last ten games tells us where the problem lies.

Unless that woeful return is improved, opinions on relegation are irrelevant - it'll be formality.
Indeed, we hardly create any chances. Doesn't matter who is up front if you are feeding off scraps.

Football has been unwatchable in the last month bar first 20 minutes against Bradford, which I think is the last time we scored.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Ebbsfleet, themselves not exactly world beaters, won at a canter, hardly getting out of first gear
Why are lots of Shots fans always reluctant to praise our opposition?

I thought Ebbsfleet were experienced, strong, set-up well, knew exactly what they were doing and looked dangerous with the many attackers they can afford. Perhaps the main thing though is they were all confident on and off the ball.

A decent enough side for our division and currently bang in form...

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 pm
Come on Alex , grow a pair, I am also a fan who care,s a lot about ATFC,, but close to tears ! never ever will i shed a tear about football, feel sad , a bit pissed off,maybe.
I respect Alex's view as I assume he is a young man and ATFC means a huge amount to him. I would never tell him to "grow a pair" - not really warranted.

But as a 50-something I do tend to agree with you HT that there are important things in life like family, home, health, etc, and then there are leisure activities like football which don't really merit quite the same level of devotion.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Alex wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:46 pm
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Ebbsfleet, themselves not exactly world beaters, won at a canter, hardly getting out of first gear
Why are lots of Shots fans always reluctant to praise our opposition?

I thought Ebbsfleet were experienced, strong, set-up well, knew exactly what they were doing and looked dangerous with the many attackers they can afford. Perhaps the main thing though is they were all confident on and off the ball.

A decent enough side for our division and currently bang in form...
In fairness there was people praising Barrow as a team for beating us, when they hadn't won in 6 going into it.

Some times you can't have rose tinted glasses.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 pm

MikeB wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:08 pm
I respect Alex's view as I assume he is a young man and ATFC means a huge amount to him. I would never tell him to "grow a pair" - not really warranted.

But as a 50-something I do tend to agree with you HT that there are important things in life like family, home, health, etc, and then there are leisure activities like football which don't really merit quite the same level of devotion.
Why assume he is a young man, It,s not as though he has just seen his beloved ATFC win the F.A Cup or the premiership, it was the managers interview !!
and as such GROW A PAIR !!

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm

Alex your great value - stating Ebbsfleet looked decent.

We would've made a pub outfit look good today.

Almost in tears at GW interview - no comment.

Always looking on the bright side - be honest for a change and admit we are bloody s*it this season.

All said though I did agree with you twice this week on something!

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:59 pm

He was just showing some empathy for the manager. "Grow a pair" isn't a particularly clever thing to say, no matter how often you repeat it.