DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:16 pm
Ian Barnett wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm
I don’t think the club fully appreciated the hard work that was undertaken
Nail

Hit

Head
Just to avoid any confusion with you taking my quote out of context, which was specifically in relation to the effort and time that went into the Community Stand.
No confusion, although the bit about the club not appreciating time and effort could be applied to many other things.

DonnyDarko2012
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:38 am

abee wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:09 pm
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 pm
abee wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am

I'm not just talking Aldershot here but business in general. There comes a point where the business (Club in this case) is going in a direction that you are unhappy with and your input is either ignored or in a minority. At that stage there is no point in sticking around and if you have sadly concluded that you cannot change or even have a marginal influence on things from the inside then you have to try to impact the future direction of the business (again Club in this case) from the outside.
That is my take on what the Trust has done and whilst I have no knowledge of what must have become the final straw, that the Trust agreed unanimously to give up its board seat tells me that it was and presumably remains serious. If indeed that is the case then Tommy Anderson's responsibility was to seek the advice of the Trust board which I believe was unanimous that the Trust surrenders its main board seat.
The alternative which I do not subscribe to is that Tommy stays on the club board indefinitely, votes 'no' on a series of issues which are recorded in the board minutes and which in turn are then presumably subject to an NDA.
This being the case then supporters never know that there is an issue and Tommy continues eating his prawn sandwiches in the board room whilst building up a lot of grief for himself down the road when he probably anticipated that he would be accused of being unhappy but staying on the club board for his own self interest.
I think it's sad that it has come to this and I hope that things can be worked out between the main board and the Trust as it seems that there has been at least one meeting and with maybe another in the pipeline.
Again abee you make some prudent points. From a fans point of view, I don't think that anyone would have accused Tommy of "staying on the club board for his own interests". Personally, I would have admired the fact that he wanted to "fight for the cause". Furthermore, if minutes of meetings showed that he had objected to things that eventually caused something bad to happen to the club, then he couldn't be held accountable for those errors.
That's not necessarily so.
In any business that crosses the line and is trading whilst insolvent (i.e. in simple terms cannot pay its bills on time) the legal responsibilities of the directors changes to having to run the business in the interests of the creditors and not that of the shareholders. Failure to do so could place a legal responsibility upon each and all directors to be personally responsible for any further debt that is incurred.
I'm not for one second suggesting that applies in this case or influenced the Trust's decision and am merely saying that in any business if the balloon finally bursts then the actions of the board come under scrutiny. To say..........'Well I hung around to fight for the cause although I was unhappy'........doesn't get a director off the hook and that plus three quid gets you a coffee at Starbucks.

Look given the general lack of information then what do we actually know???

1) The Trust voluntarily surrendered its hard earned and valued seat on the main board.

2) The Trust had been for some time 'unhappy' with business decisions taken by the board which presumably had a financial impact......probably either staff recruitment or the setting of the budget but that's just my guess.

3) The Trust are unable to enlarge on its reasons and give specific examples because of the NDA that its director signed.

What can we assume??

1) The Trust requested of the main board that it be allowed to speak in general terms about the underlying reasons for its decision. (If this didn't happen then I'm very surprised as I would have expected the Trust to have cornered the main board and dumped the decision to remain silent on them).

2) That the main board instead of saying..........'Fine. Let's get it out in the open in general terms but clear any statement with us first and as long as there are no personal and confidential issues involved i.e. we don't wanna read that the Trust was pissed off because we were paying Joe Bloggs £3k per week or Tommy didn't like Shahid's aftershave then we'll go ahead by mutual agreement'.........decided to play hard ball and impose silence on the Trust which adds fuel to the fire.

Personally I think that the main board has and is missing a trick here. The issues have festered and presumably they keep waving the NDA over the Trust board which again in my view is a mistake and lends itself to the rumours and conjecture.
They don't need to keep meeting ffs but just engage an independent 'facilitator' who is respected by both sides (Richard Petty???) to get in there and start banging some heads together.

I suppose that we can call this shambles 'Trexit' but never mind let's have another meeting to decide when the next meeting is........continues until everyone dies of boredom.
Brilliant response abee - thanks. I'm going to give up trying to understand the ins and outs. I just think that (as someone stated elsewhere) a good solicitor could get around an NDA if there is something that the fans need to know that would cause us to go down the pan.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 pm
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Ian Barnett wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm
I don’t think the club fully appreciated the hard work that was undertaken
Nail

Hit

Head
DD. This honestly not a dig, just curious.
Roughly how often do you go to home games?

I go to as many as I can when I'm in the country.
I'm not sure what the relevance of your question is to what I wrote, but I go the majority of home games (when work permits) and about half of the away games - why?

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 am
Cph.shots wrote:
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:

Nail

Hit

Head

I'm not sure what the relevance of your question is to what I wrote, but I go the majority of home games (when work permits) and about half of the away games - why?
Thanks for the reply, it was purely out of curiosity but as you are at the ground so often, I'm sure you could arran6a meeting with club representatives and get answers to lots of questions you've asked here and on other threads. Again, not meant as a dig, it's just what I would do.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:52 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 am
Cph.shots wrote:

Thanks for the reply, it was purely out of curiosity but as you are at the ground so often, I'm sure you could arran6a meeting with club representatives and get answers to lots of questions you've asked here and on other threads. Again, not meant as a dig, it's just what I would do.
As I've said before, I've tried that and (as has been the case with other people who have posted on here) I got no reply. Anyway, I'm going to sit back now and see what happens.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am

What is important is that if you have been involved with the football club in any capacity that your written communication is factual and not speculation. One benefit I have had through business is understanding the need to keep all emails, texts and documentation relevant to your current position, this way you can check your facts without second guessing and counter any rebuttal with time dates and the correspondence taken.
As I wrote in the 2nd post of this long but informative and well conducted thread “Calling for the head of anyone doesn’t help to solve the imminent issues ahead whatever our beliefs.
The resignation of the Shots Trust board position is very disappointing. I have made known my feelings about wishing the club to become a proper community owned entity and having taken 2 years whilst a director to convince the board to bring on the Trust I feel it is a backward step that they have relinquished their position. Of course, Tommy Anderson and the Trust board have indicated they have good reasons, in their statement and what has been discussed by other parties on this message thread we can quite easily put 2 and 2 together.
I would like just to respond to a misleading comment made that referred as factual that I resigned from the board of directors, this is not true! Let me explain
The facts are
In mid-December 2016 I had a 40-minute telephone conversation with the club Chairman where we expressed our views on the running of the club. My view was that there was needed a top end change and was quite forthright but very respectful in my opinions. The Chairman asked did I want his job? I said “No! I want our club to be run properly and financially prudent, that’s all I want”
I followed the telephone conversation up with an email to the board of directors indicating that if the board were not going to make consequential changes necessary for the good of the club then I would have no other option than to consider my position on the board.
On 3rd January I got a call from the Vice Chairman John Leppard requesting me to meet both he and the Chairman for an open discussion, so we could all move forward positively together, I accepted this and booked a flight back from Barcelona.
On Saturday 7th January at 12am prior to the Southport home match and over 1 hour and 40 minutes Shahid, John and I discussed my serious concerns surrounding both the day to day running and governance of the club. The meeting was very convivial, and we finished with a handshake and an agreement between us being quite specific in what I would do in continuing to be a hands on director. Shahid said he would confirm to the board on Thursday 12th January that I was staying and what I had agreed to do during the private meeting. Happy days all round as we won the game 2-1. I went back to Barcelona on the Sunday morning and proceeded to put in place my part of the agreement.
On Saturday 16th January at 11am I received a call from John Leppard to say the board had accepted my resignation. I referred to him that I hadn’t resigned in written or verbal form and asked what was the 1 hour 40 minutes clear the air meeting and gentleman’s handshakes the previous Saturday for. John said quite bluntly the decisions been made. His response and tone told me all I needed hear. I had been removed by the board for reasons unknown and to this day have not received from the club a letter as to the reasons why, but I believe my presumptions as to the reasons why I was removed will be correct.
First and foremost, I am a supporter and will do everything I can to either help or protect the club. That’s why I allowed the club to say I had resigned as I didn’t want bad PR in what was on the field at least a reasonable season.
We are nearly 2 years down the line, so this is history, but misleading statements/ assumptions/beliefs should not be allowed to prosper if indeed non-factual.
I do not in anyway apologise for caring for this club in a way other people don’t or may not understand. The club is nothing without the supporters and I’m Aldershot Till Die.

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 am

Thank you Brian for a very interesting post and I’m afraid it’s all there in black and white for everyone to see about the way our club is being run. This is why a lot of people have every right to be concerned.

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:08 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am
What is important is that if you have been involved with the football club in any capacity that your written communication is factual and not speculation. One benefit I have had through business is understanding the need to keep all emails, texts and documentation relevant to your current position, this way you can check your facts without second guessing and counter any rebuttal with time dates and the correspondence taken.
As I wrote in the 2nd post of this long but informative and well conducted thread “Calling for the head of anyone doesn’t help to solve the imminent issues ahead whatever our beliefs.
The resignation of the Shots Trust board position is very disappointing. I have made known my feelings about wishing the club to become a proper community owned entity and having taken 2 years whilst a director to convince the board to bring on the Trust I feel it is a backward step that they have relinquished their position. Of course, Tommy Anderson and the Trust board have indicated they have good reasons, in their statement and what has been discussed by other parties on this message thread we can quite easily put 2 and 2 together.
I would like just to respond to a misleading comment made that referred as factual that I resigned from the board of directors, this is not true! Let me explain
The facts are
In mid-December 2016 I had a 40-minute telephone conversation with the club Chairman where we expressed our views on the running of the club. My view was that there was needed a top end change and was quite forthright but very respectful in my opinions. The Chairman asked did I want his job? I said “No! I want our club to be run properly and financially prudent, that’s all I want”
I followed the telephone conversation up with an email to the board of directors indicating that if the board were not going to make consequential changes necessary for the good of the club then I would have no other option than to consider my position on the board.
On 3rd January I got a call from the Vice Chairman John Leppard requesting me to meet both he and the Chairman for an open discussion, so we could all move forward positively together, I accepted this and booked a flight back from Barcelona.
On Saturday 7th January at 12am prior to the Southport home match and over 1 hour and 40 minutes Shahid, John and I discussed my serious concerns surrounding both the day to day running and governance of the club. The meeting was very convivial, and we finished with a handshake and an agreement between us being quite specific in what I would do in continuing to be a hands on director. Shahid said he would confirm to the board on Thursday 12th January that I was staying and what I had agreed to do during the private meeting. Happy days all round as we won the game 2-1. I went back to Barcelona on the Sunday morning and proceeded to put in place my part of the agreement.
On Saturday 16th January at 11am I received a call from John Leppard to say the board had accepted my resignation. I referred to him that I hadn’t resigned in written or verbal form and asked what was the 1 hour 40 minutes clear the air meeting and gentleman’s handshakes the previous Saturday for. John said quite bluntly the decisions been made. His response and tone told me all I needed hear. I had been removed by the board for reasons unknown and to this day have not received from the club a letter as to the reasons why, but I believe my presumptions as to the reasons why I was removed will be correct.
First and foremost, I am a supporter and will do everything I can to either help or protect the club. That’s why I allowed the club to say I had resigned as I didn’t want bad PR in what was on the field at least a reasonable season.
We are nearly 2 years down the line, so this is history, but misleading statements/ assumptions/beliefs should not be allowed to prosper if indeed non-factual.
I do not in anyway apologise for caring for this club in a way other people don’t or may not understand. The club is nothing without the supporters and I’m Aldershot Till Die.
An excellent factual post Brian and as you say as a business man yourself you keep emails, texts and documentation to back up what has been said and happened, well done, and may I say a true Shots till I die fan!

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Well Brian you have really proved what sort of board we have. Obviously they are hiding the truth which makes one wonder what the true financial situation is of the club. With all that has been written the man in question has not had the necessary whatsits to even reply or deny anything is wrong.
I take my hat off to you Brian as I always considered myself the truest Aldershot supporter but you are my equal even though I know there are many more out there as well. Pity the Board are not the same.
I was born in Aldershot and hope my ashes will be scattered on the ground, that is as long as we still have a club

HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 pm

WTF wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:08 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
The facts are
Thank you to Brian and abee for their most excellent and indeed, erudite posts. As I have previously mentioned, I do not attend matches anymore because of the situation off the pitch not on it, no matter what position Shots are in the league or which league for that matter. I was suspicious over the way the club is "run" and my decision not to attend or sponsor through my business is 100% vindicated based on this evidence. Shots need a BoD which engages with the fans on a match to match basis and The Board must be seen to all be pulling in the right direction. The my way or the highway attitude adopted currently will not and has not worked. A confrontational Board, at our level, will not work and just getting mates (who will always say "Yes Mr Chairman") to invest is as a short term a plan as the maiden voyage of The Titanic.

I do, however, look forward to the day when I can return, sound in the knowledge ATFC is being run in a manner where all the fans/investors are being fully informed as to the current situation thus feeling 100% engaged.

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:59 pm

HackJowarth wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 pm
WTF wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:08 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
The facts are
Thank you to Brian and abee for their most excellent and indeed, erudite posts. As I have previously mentioned, I do not attend matches anymore because of the situation off the pitch not on it, no matter what position Shots are in the league or which league for that matter. I was suspicious over the way the club is "run" and my decision not to attend or sponsor through my business is 100% vindicated based on this evidence. Shots need a BoD which engages with the fans on a match to match basis and The Board must be seen to all be pulling in the right direction. The my way or the highway attitude adopted currently will not and has not worked. A confrontational Board, at our level, will not work and just getting mates (who will always say "Yes Mr Chairman") to invest is as a short term a plan as the maiden voyage of The Titanic.

I do, however, look forward to the day when I can return, sound in the knowledge ATFC is being run in a manner where all the fans/investors are being fully informed as to the current situation thus feeling 100% engaged.
Spoken from the heart! I feel there are many who are in the Yes Mr Chairman brigade as such. sadly you can tell them a mile off!

Tongham Shots

Post by Tongham Shots » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:00 pm

South Stand Blue wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 am
Thank you Brian for a very interesting post and I’m afraid it’s all there in black and white for everyone to see about the way our club is being run. This is why a lot of people have every right to be concerned.
[/quote

Agreed, another excellent factual post from Brian telling us about the shabby way he has been treated. As you say Sean, we have every right to be very concerned.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Ooh look - another brigade!

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:17 pm

When is the next lodge meeting of the ShotsTalk Police, the Happy Clappers Brigade and the Yes Mr Chairman Brigade?

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:24 pm

1-4-19.