Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Locked
DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:09 am

Ian Barnett wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:21 pm

It’s fine moaning but as per the other thread, fans should ask themselves what they can do for the Club and the Trust rather than just moaning on Shotsweb. In the time I was at the Trust only one person proactively approached The Trust to volunteer! That’s the major difference between the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Hereford and Wrexham - Sadly I don’t think enough of our fans actually care enough.
I think a lot of us care more than enough, but we simply don't want to have involved with a board of directors that (as it repeatedly reported) treat people (board members and volunteers) like s**t!

brian bloomfield
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 am
Location: Barcelona
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by brian bloomfield » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am
What is important is that if you have been involved with the football club in any capacity that your written communication is factual and not speculation. One benefit I have had through business is understanding the need to keep all emails, texts and documentation relevant to your current position, this way you can check your facts without second guessing and counter any rebuttal with time dates and the correspondence taken.
As I wrote in the 2nd post of this long but informative and well conducted thread “Calling for the head of anyone doesn’t help to solve the imminent issues ahead whatever our beliefs.
The resignation of the Shots Trust board position is very disappointing. I have made known my feelings about wishing the club to become a proper community owned entity and having taken 2 years whilst a director to convince the board to bring on the Trust I feel it is a backward step that they have relinquished their position. Of course, Tommy Anderson and the Trust board have indicated they have good reasons, in their statement and what has been discussed by other parties on this message thread we can quite easily put 2 and 2 together.
I would like just to respond to a misleading comment made that referred as factual that I resigned from the board of directors, this is not true! Let me explain
The facts are
In mid-December 2016 I had a 40-minute telephone conversation with the club Chairman where we expressed our views on the running of the club. My view was that there was needed a top end change and was quite forthright but very respectful in my opinions. The Chairman asked did I want his job? I said “No! I want our club to be run properly and financially prudent, that’s all I want”
I followed the telephone conversation up with an email to the board of directors indicating that if the board were not going to make consequential changes necessary for the good of the club then I would have no other option than to consider my position on the board.
On 3rd January I got a call from the Vice Chairman John Leppard requesting me to meet both he and the Chairman for an open discussion, so we could all move forward positively together, I accepted this and booked a flight back from Barcelona.
On Saturday 7th January at 12am prior to the Southport home match and over 1 hour and 40 minutes Shahid, John and I discussed my serious concerns surrounding both the day to day running and governance of the club. The meeting was very convivial, and we finished with a handshake and an agreement between us being quite specific in what I would do in continuing to be a hands on director. Shahid said he would confirm to the board on Thursday 12th January that I was staying and what I had agreed to do during the private meeting. Happy days all round as we won the game 2-1. I went back to Barcelona on the Sunday morning and proceeded to put in place my part of the agreement.
On Saturday 16th January at 11am I received a call from John Leppard to say the board had accepted my resignation. I referred to him that I hadn’t resigned in written or verbal form and asked what was the 1 hour 40 minutes clear the air meeting and gentleman’s handshakes the previous Saturday for. John said quite bluntly the decisions been made. His response and tone told me all I needed hear. I had been removed by the board for reasons unknown and to this day have not received from the club a letter as to the reasons why, but I believe my presumptions as to the reasons why I was removed will be correct.
First and foremost, I am a supporter and will do everything I can to either help or protect the club. That’s why I allowed the club to say I had resigned as I didn’t want bad PR in what was on the field at least a reasonable season.
We are nearly 2 years down the line, so this is history, but misleading statements/ assumptions/beliefs should not be allowed to prosper if indeed non-factual.
I do not in anyway apologise for caring for this club in a way other people don’t or may not understand. The club is nothing without the supporters and I’m Aldershot Till Die.
That's a shocking read Brian and I have no reason to disbelieve what you have said - it's similar to other stories that I have heard about how the board have acted.

However, I am puzzled by what you say about misleading statements not being allowed to prosper when, in allowing the club to report your "resignation", you allowed a misleading statement to prosper. I appreciate that you love the club (as we all do), but I don't understand why you didn't take the approach that the trust took and announce you leaving of your own accord.
I allowed the falsehood to prosper because I was an individual and not an entity like the Trust who had a responsibility to it’s membership.
My thoughts at the time were not to rock the boat but to protect the club from bad publicity. It wasn’t about me it was about the club and anyway there are more than enough people to defend and deflect criticism towards the club of any sorts.
I have received 6 phone calls so far from supporters only 1 which started negative, however after 2 minutes he was fully supportive and I divulged no confidential information even though I am not bounded by an NDA.
The club and it’s directors have a very hard task ahead and I truly hope they have the resolve and acumen to steer the club to better times. As I said earlier it’s the club we must protect not the individual. There lies the correct path for the future of this club.

Cph.shots
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm
[
Spoken from the heart! I feel there are many who are in the Yes Mr Chairman brigade as such. sadly you can tell them a mile off!
Not sure what you're trying to say here WTF or if it's just a chance to start another brigade. We have so many now, it's getting a bit like the Life of Brian.

We have "The Happy Clappy brigade", The "Shahid can do no wrong" brigade. and now you're one, what do they all stand for?
The names strike me as a touch derogatory, maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I'm in yet another brigade, The "shouldn't we have another chairman lined up berfore we fire this one" brigade.
[/quote]
I think what WTF is trying to say is that many people just side with the chairman per se instead of having a balanced view. What Brian has described is unbelievable as such but it appears he had the forsight to keep communications so he can back what he says.
[/quote]

I see it the other way, I don't see anyone following the chairman or board blindly but there a few not jumping to knee jerk reactions and trying to see the situation from all sides. I place myself in that camp.

I prefer to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about and not just opinions.

Brian's post is very worrying.

Cph.shots
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am
scorp wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 am
steveshot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm
I’m Gobsmacked after reading what Brian has said!
Join the club, Steve. The Gobsmacked one.
This!

No doubt the relevant brigade members will ignore the contents of Brian's post and jump on anyone who wants to delve deeper into it.
You really should do something about that chip.
Clap clap smile.

Shots1954
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm
[
Spoken from the heart! I feel there are many who are in the Yes Mr Chairman brigade as such. sadly you can tell them a mile off!
Not sure what you're trying to say here WTF or if it's just a chance to start another brigade. We have so many now, it's getting a bit like the Life of Brian.

We have "The Happy Clappy brigade", The "Shahid can do no wrong" brigade. and now you're one, what do they all stand for?
The names strike me as a touch derogatory, maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I'm in yet another brigade, The "shouldn't we have another chairman lined up berfore we fire this one" brigade.
I think what WTF is trying to say is that many people just side with the chairman per se instead of having a balanced view. What Brian has described is unbelievable as such but it appears he had the forsight to keep communications so he can back what he says.
[/quote]

I see it the other way, I don't see anyone following the chairman or board blindly but there a few not jumping to knee jerk reactions and trying to see the situation from all sides. I place myself in that camp.

I prefer to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about and not just opinions.

Brian's post is very worrying.
[/quote]

Yes very and Brian is a good man

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am
scorp wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 am


Join the club, Steve. The Gobsmacked one.
This!

No doubt the relevant brigade members will ignore the contents of Brian's post and jump on anyone who wants to delve deeper into it.
You really should do something about that chip.
Clap clap smile.
You really are a master at twisting what somebody says. No chip needs addressing. I was merely pointing out that you are usually the first one to jump on (and insult) anyone who says anything against Shahid. Keep clapping, smiling and seeing the world through rose tinted specs.

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 am

brian bloomfield wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am
brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am
What is important is that if you have been involved with the football club in any capacity that your written communication is factual and not speculation. One benefit I have had through business is understanding the need to keep all emails, texts and documentation relevant to your current position, this way you can check your facts without second guessing and counter any rebuttal with time dates and the correspondence taken.
As I wrote in the 2nd post of this long but informative and well conducted thread “Calling for the head of anyone doesn’t help to solve the imminent issues ahead whatever our beliefs.
The resignation of the Shots Trust board position is very disappointing. I have made known my feelings about wishing the club to become a proper community owned entity and having taken 2 years whilst a director to convince the board to bring on the Trust I feel it is a backward step that they have relinquished their position. Of course, Tommy Anderson and the Trust board have indicated they have good reasons, in their statement and what has been discussed by other parties on this message thread we can quite easily put 2 and 2 together.
I would like just to respond to a misleading comment made that referred as factual that I resigned from the board of directors, this is not true! Let me explain
The facts are
In mid-December 2016 I had a 40-minute telephone conversation with the club Chairman where we expressed our views on the running of the club. My view was that there was needed a top end change and was quite forthright but very respectful in my opinions. The Chairman asked did I want his job? I said “No! I want our club to be run properly and financially prudent, that’s all I want”
I followed the telephone conversation up with an email to the board of directors indicating that if the board were not going to make consequential changes necessary for the good of the club then I would have no other option than to consider my position on the board.
On 3rd January I got a call from the Vice Chairman John Leppard requesting me to meet both he and the Chairman for an open discussion, so we could all move forward positively together, I accepted this and booked a flight back from Barcelona.
On Saturday 7th January at 12am prior to the Southport home match and over 1 hour and 40 minutes Shahid, John and I discussed my serious concerns surrounding both the day to day running and governance of the club. The meeting was very convivial, and we finished with a handshake and an agreement between us being quite specific in what I would do in continuing to be a hands on director. Shahid said he would confirm to the board on Thursday 12th January that I was staying and what I had agreed to do during the private meeting. Happy days all round as we won the game 2-1. I went back to Barcelona on the Sunday morning and proceeded to put in place my part of the agreement.
On Saturday 16th January at 11am I received a call from John Leppard to say the board had accepted my resignation. I referred to him that I hadn’t resigned in written or verbal form and asked what was the 1 hour 40 minutes clear the air meeting and gentleman’s handshakes the previous Saturday for. John said quite bluntly the decisions been made. His response and tone told me all I needed hear. I had been removed by the board for reasons unknown and to this day have not received from the club a letter as to the reasons why, but I believe my presumptions as to the reasons why I was removed will be correct.
First and foremost, I am a supporter and will do everything I can to either help or protect the club. That’s why I allowed the club to say I had resigned as I didn’t want bad PR in what was on the field at least a reasonable season.
We are nearly 2 years down the line, so this is history, but misleading statements/ assumptions/beliefs should not be allowed to prosper if indeed non-factual.
I do not in anyway apologise for caring for this club in a way other people don’t or may not understand. The club is nothing without the supporters and I’m Aldershot Till Die.
That's a shocking read Brian and I have no reason to disbelieve what you have said - it's similar to other stories that I have heard about how the board have acted.

However, I am puzzled by what you say about misleading statements not being allowed to prosper when, in allowing the club to report your "resignation", you allowed a misleading statement to prosper. I appreciate that you love the club (as we all do), but I don't understand why you didn't take the approach that the trust took and announce you leaving of your own accord.
I allowed the falsehood to prosper because I was an individual and not an entity like the Trust who had a responsibility to it’s membership.
My thoughts at the time were not to rock the boat but to protect the club from bad publicity. It wasn’t about me it was about the club and anyway there are more than enough people to defend and deflect criticism towards the club of any sorts.
I have received 6 phone calls so far from supporters only 1 which started negative, however after 2 minutes he was fully supportive and I divulged no confidential information even though I am not bounded by an NDA.
The club and it’s directors have a very hard task ahead and I truly hope they have the resolve and acumen to steer the club to better times. As I said earlier it’s the club we must protect not the individual. There lies the correct path for the future of this club.
Thank you Brian. In one way I admire your thinking. However, I do think that you would have got lots of support had you let the truth be known at the time, especially as there were things going on that you felt would affect our club.

Anyway, thank you for your open and honest posts.

mountpleasant61
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by mountpleasant61 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:02 am

To HackJowarth.
Sorry to hear you abstaining from the games.
Unfortunately while we have this board you should find something else to do long term, because it's obvious the truth is coming out, as they have not denied it or even spoken about it .

Ancient Shot
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am

Denied what exactly?

Shots1954
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:16 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 am
Denied what exactly?
To me it's what Brian has stated that's not been denied.

Ancient Shot
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 am

So just that bit - which is clearly true, so don't expect a denial any time soon

Not the stuff on the previous ten and a half pages of this hysterical thread then?

Cph.shots
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 pm


Spoken from the heart! I feel there are many who are in the Yes Mr Chairman brigade as such. sadly you can tell them a mile off!
Not sure what you're trying to say here WTF or if it's just a chance to start another brigade. We have so many now, it's getting a bit like the Life of Brian.

We have "The Happy Clappy brigade", The "Shahid can do no wrong" brigade. and now you're one, what do they all stand for?
The names strike me as a touch derogatory, maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I'm in yet another brigade, The "shouldn't we have another chairman lined up berfore we fire this one" brigade.
I think what WTF is trying to say is that many people just side with the chairman per se instead of having a balanced view. What Brian has described is unbelievable as such but it appears he had the forsight to keep communications so he can back what he says.
I see it the other way, I don't see anyone following the chairman or board blindly but there a few not jumping to knee jerk reactions and trying to see the situation from all sides. I place myself in that camp.

I prefer to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about and not just opinions.

Brian's post is very worrying.
[/quote]

Yes very and Brian is a good man
[/quote]

I'm sure he is and I always read his post's with interest and I'm sure he is a person who tells it as it is.

Cph.shots
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am
This!

No doubt the relevant brigade members will ignore the contents of Brian's post and jump on anyone who wants to delve deeper into it.
You really should do something about that chip.
Clap clap smile.
You really are a master at twisting what somebody says. No chip needs addressing. I was merely pointing out that you are usually the first one to jump on (and insult) anyone who says anything against Shahid. Keep clapping, smiling and seeing the world through rose tinted specs.

Sorry DD ibbut haven't insulted anyone, barely voiced my opinion. I think the only thing I can be accused of is having an open mind and not joining in with the general mass hysteria on this thread.
At no point have I said anyone is "right", infallible " and I don't follow any one blindly. I question everything I hear and read and fact check as much as possible. The problem is that, if one is not baying for Shahids blood then one is automatically his follower. You are trying to drown a debate by labelling anyone with a different opinion as being in some kind of derogatory group. Everything is not black and white. FACTS are the only thing that matter here, not your or my opinion.
Let's try to stop the sniping so the thread doesn't get locked.

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am


You really should do something about that chip.
Clap clap smile.
You really are a master at twisting what somebody says. No chip needs addressing. I was merely pointing out that you are usually the first one to jump on (and insult) anyone who says anything against Shahid. Keep clapping, smiling and seeing the world through rose tinted specs.

Sorry DD ibbut haven't insulted anyone, barely voiced my opinion. I think the only thing I can be accused of is having an open mind and not joining in with the general mass hysteria on this thread.
At no point have I said anyone is "right", infallible " and I don't follow any one blindly. I question everything I hear and read and fact check as much as possible. The problem is that, if one is not baying for Shahids blood then one is automatically his follower. You are trying to drown a debate by labelling anyone with a different opinion as being in some kind of derogatory group. Everything is not black and white. FACTS are the only thing that matter here, not your or my opinion.
Let's try to stop the sniping so the thread doesn't get locked.
Well, I believe what Brian has said and feel worried that our club (the club that both you and I love) has such people as those that Brian has told us about running it. I wont rise to your "I haven't insulted anyone" remark!

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 am


Not sure what you're trying to say here WTF or if it's just a chance to start another brigade. We have so many now, it's getting a bit like the Life of Brian.

We have "The Happy Clappy brigade", The "Shahid can do no wrong" brigade. and now you're one, what do they all stand for?
The names strike me as a touch derogatory, maybe I'm wrong.

Personally I'm in yet another brigade, The "shouldn't we have another chairman lined up berfore we fire this one" brigade.
I think what WTF is trying to say is that many people just side with the chairman per se instead of having a balanced view. What Brian has described is unbelievable as such but it appears he had the forsight to keep communications so he can back what he says.
I see it the other way, I don't see anyone following the chairman or board blindly but there a few not jumping to knee jerk reactions and trying to see the situation from all sides. I place myself in that camp.

I prefer to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about and not just opinions.

Brian's post is very worrying.


Yes very and Brian is a good man
[/quote]

I'm sure he is and I always read his post's with interest and I'm sure he is a person who tells it as it is.
[/quote]So you ARE worried about those running the club? Or have I misread what you've written?


Locked