Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Shots1954
Re: Shahid Azeem Out out out!!!

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm worried about what I'm reading, the vibes from the manager, the team, the Trust having to resign their seat on the Board and not being to say why and also the fans forum not being uploaded. There is too much going on and its not healthy

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 pm

It is now time for the CEO to earn her money and send out a statement to hopefully quell all what is being said on here, and give some leadership so we all know where we stand and stop most of the second guessing that is going on, The ball is at your feet, so they say, CEOI !

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 pm

I wouldn't expect the CEO (an employee, remember) to comment on anything to do with the board of directors

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 pm
I wouldn't expect the CEO (an employee, remember) to comment on anything to do with the board of directors
Agree. It's the Chairman or Vice Chairman that should.

ians

Post by ians » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Reading this thread it is fairly obvious that there are issues of management within the club at the moment BUT we should separate that from the performances on the pitch which are totally the responsibility of the manager and players!

The same budget as last season has been poorly used and the players are not performing; the knock on impact is the poor attendances which lead to further problems within the club due to the money issues it creates.

In essence the real problem the club therefore is the poor product we have watched on the pitch for much of the season and the BOD can't do an awful lot about that at this stage. The managers and players are the only people that can turn the club around.....

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Brian Bloomfield wrote:
I have made known my feelings about wishing the club to become a proper community owned entity and having taken 2 years whilst a director to convince the board to bring on the Trust.
There's the rub, there are not enough supporters with the interest or the money to ever consider a Trust run football club now or even in the near future.
I speak from experience, having been on the Trust Board and from the minute I stated it was not feasible, I was kept out of the loop of those that were plotting to make it a Trust run club.
One thing I've learnt from being involved in football clubs is, there are always people with secret agenda's.
P.S. Where I am fortunate when it comes to advice about jobs or business, I have a daughter who is Head of Brunel Business School.
You can only be subjective when your not involved.

Ian Barnett

Post by Ian Barnett » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi Shotshammo

Interested that where were people "plotting to make it a Trust run club".

As far as I know (I was later than you!), there were a number of people, myself included who had suggested that the Club became a Trust owned club as this would be in the interests of the club, increase attendances, give opportunities for funding and grant schemes, and I think have tax advantages. The model works well at other clubs and is the norm in Germany (a country which knows how to run football clubs and look after supporters). This approach would also take of pressure of the club's Chairman to 'dip his hand in the pocket' and the board as they would be appointed by the Trust in the same way that school governors are custodians of a school. Heavin forbid it may even attract more people to volunteer....

I have never fully understood why our club board were/are/maybe reluctant to do this or why our supporters fail to appreciate its advantages. I remember when we tried to gain enough support in a vote to allow a change to the Trust articles to enable us the ability (just the ability!) to issue community shares and we didn't get enough support (Can you imagine having a referendum when you only need 50% of the vote to get a motion passed.... :lol: ). Instead many of those present at the AGM were more interested in understanding why we didn't do more for the club (i.e. hand money to the club). That is ultimately what happened to an extent.

This has proven to be the case at Wrexham who are Trust owned and there is a collective 'buy-in' from their supporters - something that is sadly lacking at Aldershot where the majority of us just want to watch football every week and pin their hopes on either a rich benefactor or a lottery win. Until we move on from this approach (or one of us does win EuroMillions) Aldershot Town FC is unlikely to realise its full potential in my opinion.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 am
Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am

I think what WTF is trying to say is that many people just side with the chairman per se instead of having a balanced view. What Brian has described is unbelievable as such but it appears he had the forsight to keep communications so he can back what he says.
I see it the other way, I don't see anyone following the chairman or board blindly but there a few not jumping to knee jerk reactions and trying to see the situation from all sides. I place myself in that camp.

I prefer to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about and not just opinions.

Brian's post is very worrying.

Yes very and Brian is a good man

I'm sure he is and I always read his post's with interest and I'm sure he is a person who tells it as it is.
[/quote]So you ARE worried about those running the club? Or have I misread what you've written?
[/quote]

Just take it as written and my opinion isn't really relevant in the greater scheme of things any way.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:12 pm

One of the things that I like about Shotsweb is that generally posters are pretty civil with each other, whether or not they are in agreement, and the language stays within the bounds of respectability. However, this thread (which has been one of the most comprehensive, detailed and explanative that we've had in a fair old while) has also turned into one that's been plagued by stupid, petty and unnecessary arguments from both sides of the 'debate'. People have differing opinions, if you can't accept that then maybe you shouldn't participate!

Therefore, can we all please take a step back and think or else the thread will be at serious risk of being locked.
Thank you.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Its up to the players to step up to the plate.
For lack of ability you make up with double the effort.
No names mentioned but we have more than a few players who could try a lot harder.

I do wonder if they actually do look at the league table and do the maths !
If things don't improve quickly they'll soonl be part time players who actually might have to work for a living !!!!!

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am

You really should do something about that chip.
Clap clap smile.
You really are a master at twisting what somebody says. No chip needs addressing. I was merely pointing out that you are usually the first one to jump on (and insult) anyone who says anything against Shahid. Keep clapping, smiling and seeing the world through rose tinted specs.

Sorry DD ibbut haven't insulted anyone, barely voiced my opinion. I think the only thing I can be accused of is having an open mind and not joining in with the general mass hysteria on this thread.
At no point have I said anyone is "right", infallible " and I don't follow any one blindly. I question everything I hear and read and fact check as much as possible. The problem is that, if one is not baying for Shahids blood then one is automatically his follower. You are trying to drown a debate by labelling anyone with a different opinion as being in some kind of derogatory group. Everything is not black and white. FACTS are the only thing that matter here, not your or my opinion.
Let's try to stop the sniping so the thread doesn't get locked.
Is it really mass hysteria though, if a former member of the board and current minority stakeholder in the club, has come out and made some worrisome statements? Hysteria usually assumes that the criticism/outcry is devoid of merit. If what Brian is saying is true (and I doubt he'd have a reason to lie about it) - i cant see how the comments in this thread amount to hysteria.

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 am

I see it the other way, I don't see anyone following the chairman or board blindly but there a few not jumping to knee jerk reactions and trying to see the situation from all sides. I place myself in that camp.

I prefer to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about and not just opinions.

Brian's post is very worrying.

Yes very and Brian is a good man

I'm sure he is and I always read his post's with interest and I'm sure he is a person who tells it as it is.
So you ARE worried about those running the club? Or have I misread what you've written?
[/quote]

Just take it as written and my opinion isn't really relevant in the greater scheme of things any way.
[/quote]Are you a politician?!

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm

ians wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm
Reading this thread it is fairly obvious that there are issues of management within the club at the moment BUT we should separate that from the performances on the pitch which are totally the responsibility of the manager and players!

The same budget as last season has been poorly used and the players are not performing; the knock on impact is the poor attendances which lead to further problems within the club due to the money issues it creates.

In essence the real problem the club therefore is the poor product we have watched on the pitch for much of the season and the BOD can't do an awful lot about that at this stage. The managers and players are the only people that can turn the club around.....
Sorrty, but you cant seperate the board from the manager/players in relation to the performances on the pitch. Its all well and good saying the budget stayed the same, but first off you have to account for inflationary pressures. The cost of services and goods never stays the same year on year, and that includes the cost of football players and subsequently their wages. Secondly you have more monied clubs coming into the league, which in turn means there is more competition for players which in turn means the price of those players and their wages rises.

At the same time though, Gary has made some poor recruitment and poor tactical decisions at times. Its a combination of both things. Both the budget and Gary making mistakes in how he spent it.

ians

Post by ians » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm
ians wrote:

Sorrty, but you cant seperate the board from the manager/players in relation to the performances on the pitch. Its all well and good saying the budget stayed the same, but first off you have to account for inflationary pressures. The cost of services and goods never stays the same year on year, and that includes the cost of football players and subsequently their wages. Secondly you have more monied clubs coming into the league, which in turn means there is more competition for players which in turn means the price of those players and their wages rises.

At the same time though, Gary has made some poor recruitment and poor tactical decisions at times. Its a combination of both things. Both the budget and Gary making mistakes in how he spent it.
We were told the budget has been retained at the same level, as far as we know that could include inflationary rises, I'm not sure we know either way.
However in your last paragraph you have pretty much backed up my point, poor recruitment and poor play on the pitch.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm

ians wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm
ians wrote:

We were told the budget has been retained at the same level, as far as we know that could include inflationary rises, I'm not sure we know either way.
However in your last paragraph you have pretty much backed up my point, poor recruitment and poor play on the pitch.
Oh i agree. Im not saying Gary hasn't made mistakes either, but i do feel like his budget is pretty hampered. Ill be honest, im not an expert on the other clubs in this league, but how many other clubs are as reliant on loan players as much as we are? How can you really build a great team spirit and continuity when theres a constant turnover of players, and subsequently the team has to keep adapting to new players coming in, and their style of play, etc.