Where do we go from here?

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:27 pm

After Waddock in his post match interview, said "I don't know where we go from here". I've been prompted to make a few comment's.

!. Our insistence of attacking down the line, effectively makes defending against us easier. We desperately need a midfielder who can spread the game to either side, doing two things, one stretching their defence and secondly probing for their weakness's, one side is always less effective at this level.
2. Using Barrett a midfielder out wide as a left winger, when not defending is fine but every time our full back comes away with the ball he mustn't go to meet him all the time. This not only slows the attack down, but gives their defence time to get organised, If he's under no pressure push up in line with the oppositions defence, and wait for the ball over the top or through into a gap.
3. Balls to feet is all very well, but balls into space, which can only be covered, not marked is the way to beat tight organised defences, especially when they know we play up the same line every time.
4. Our young goalkeeper is playing to instructions, persistently kicking the ball up the line, unfortunately it is going out as many times as it is staying in. He must be encouraged to use his own eyes and make his own decisions.

Summary: Waddock knew signing up young players was a risk, but increasing the squad has not paid off, regarding injuries, which are numerous.
Mainly caused by the pace and physicality of this league, which has necessitated Senior players being over worked, becoming frustrated and have also sustained injuries.
We historically lose ground during the cold winter month's but push on in the Spring, I fear a play off place is quickly disappearing, so hopefully we can be successful in the cup.

steveshot
Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by steveshot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Play off is disappearing shotshammo? The trap door is open unfortunately

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Playoffs? Their is more chance of a train 🚊 actually running 🏃‍♀️ on time or a home game kicking off at 3 o’clock and not 3.02 than us making the playoffs!

supershots

Post by supershots » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:11 am

Thought this was a post about Spike Milligan!

Villa

Post by Villa » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 am

For me it’s worrying when a Manager says things like that

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Is it down to the lake I fear :lol:

Tongham Shots

Post by Tongham Shots » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:50 pm

South Stand Blue wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm
I was going to say exactly the same, Sean. :lol:

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

South Stand Blue wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm
Love plus one....classic :D

BillB

Post by BillB » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:19 pm

:lol: :lol: Let's hope that the Clubs creditors are not followers of this message board

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:30 am

Oh dear! thought I would get at least one person to add or comment on my football comments but it seems the trolls have taken over the sight.
Is there any one on this sight that is interested in talking about football. What a sad lot you are and cerainly not football club supporters.
For goodness sake get a life.

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 am

shotshammo wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:30 am
Oh dear! thought I would get at least one person to add or comment on my football comments but it seems the trolls have taken over the sight.
Is there any one on this sight that is interested in talking about football. What a sad lot you are and cerainly not football club supporters.
For goodness sake get a life.
Shotshammo, I might be something but i’m not sad, definitely not a troll and for the record i’m 100% a football supporter. I think you may need to chill abit as my comment was only a wee bit of banter.
I can talk football with the best of them either via a keyboard or face to face :D

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:54 am

Hi, South Stand Lake, I apologize, yes your comment was a we bit of light hearted banter, much needed on this sight, and yes my wording did imply everyone, but at least you gave me an encouraging response that their are people out there who are interested in the football and not the politics of how the club should be run.
Shahid is a personal friend of mine and came to the club after having a chat with me about it's predicament, I bigged the club up and said it was a friendly club full of loyal supporters and it would be a shame if it was to collapse. take it from me he is not happy with the environment at this moment in time, but I hope he sticks it out as I see no alternative, when it comes to taking over the very stressful job of picking up the pieces and keeping the club going.

team from clanmell

Post by team from clanmell » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Mr Hammo
So its you we have to blame,....... you didnt talk to Terresa May about bexit as well did you ?

That is light hearted also sir. Can not blame you for doing what you thought was best, we all make mistakes. Admitting to them is good.
Mr Azeem should be big enough to look after himself.....I am certain he trys to on this board under any number of names.
You people are now starting to see what i am sure is a tip of an iceberg. It will be a very long summer i fear for Aldershot. I hope for you the Aldershot fans I am proved wrong.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:34 pm

team from clanmell wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 pm
Mr Hammo
So its you we have to blame,....... you didnt talk to Terresa May about bexit as well did you ?

That is light hearted also sir. Can not blame you for doing what you thought was best, we all make mistakes. Admitting to them is good.
Mr Azeem should be big enough to look after himself.....I am certain he trys to on this board under any number of names.
You people are now starting to see what i am sure is a tip of an iceberg. It will be a very long summer i fear for Aldershot. I hope for you the Aldershot fans I am proved wrong.
Evening Bruce :D

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:10 pm