What can i do for my club?

Post Reply
ChrisShotsFC
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:47 pm
What can i do for my club?

Post by ChrisShotsFC » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:09 pm

I have a really simple idea to make a real difference to our club.

Bring a Friend, seems like a fairly simply idea but imagine this

Next game let's all make a real difference to our club and our players

how you ask?

All us fans have to do is bring a FRIEND, or family member someone who does not normally come to the East Bank or maybe someone who has not been this season give them a treat a day out watching our team and maybe even a nice drink in the Crimea before the game.

This will swell the crowd and bring in much-wanted revenue through the gates and increase the noise and atmosphere

LETS ALL GET BEHIND THE TEAM IN BIG NUMBERS NEXT GAME

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Great idea apart from its Bedford. O and the Crimea.
I personally tried bringing friends before and it’s always backfired.
I remember bringing most of my local pub to one game in the 80’s. The second leg/replay v Sheff Wed after a battling draw at Hillsborough. The rest is history (0-8).

CH
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by CH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Good idea, but yes I would make sure this is pushed properly for maximum effect and choose a league game. Almost a home TOD.

At the moment, seeing as I quite like my friends, I'll try and bring someone else...

Superdroop
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: Farnborough
Contact:
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Superdroop » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Shouldn’t it be .... what can the club do for you! lol

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm

CH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Good idea, but yes I would make sure this is pushed properly for maximum effect and choose a league game. Almost a home TOD.

At the moment, seeing as I quite like my friends, I'll try and bring someone else...
Bring someone you don’t like to a game. Now that might catch on :)

HarryTom
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by HarryTom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm
CH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Good idea, but yes I would make sure this is pushed properly for maximum effect and choose a league game. Almost a home TOD.

At the moment, seeing as I quite like my friends, I'll try and bring someone else...
Bring someone you don’t like to a game. Now that might catch on :)
:lol: :lol:

Birdman
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Birdman » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm
CH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Good idea, but yes I would make sure this is pushed properly for maximum effect and choose a league game. Almost a home TOD.

At the moment, seeing as I quite like my friends, I'll try and bring someone else...
Bring someone you don’t like to a game. Now that might catch on :)
Sorry, Mousey, I've got a season ticket. :D

ChrisShotsFC
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:47 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by ChrisShotsFC » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:Great idea apart from its Bedford. O and the Crimea.
I personally tried bringing friends before and it’s always backfired.
I remember bringing most of my local pub to one game in the 80’s. The second leg/replay v Sheff Wed after a battling draw at Hillsborough. The rest is history (0-8).
It’s been a few years since the 80’s why not give it another go?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

team from clanmell
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by team from clanmell » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Fair play young man...keep going.

margateshot
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by margateshot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 pm

ChrisShotsFC wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:09 pm
I have a really simple idea to make a real difference to our club.

Bring a Friend, seems like a fairly simply idea but imagine this

Next game let's all make a real difference to our club and our players

how you ask?

All us fans have to do is bring a FRIEND, or family member someone who does not normally come to the East Bank or maybe someone who has not been this season give them a treat a day out watching our team and maybe even a nice drink in the Crimea before the game.

This will swell the crowd and bring in much-wanted revenue through the gates and increase the noise and atmosphere

LETS ALL GET BEHIND THE TEAM IN BIG NUMBERS NEXT GAME
Hopefully this may be covered by the families day that is planned Chris.

Charles Dickens
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 am
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Charles Dickens » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:25 pm

CH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Good idea, but yes I would make sure this is pushed properly for maximum effect and choose a league game. Almost a home TOD.

At the moment, seeing as I quite like my friends, I'll try and bring someone else...
Putting all the jokes to one side, yes this is good idea for a one off show of support, but as you say it must be well organized to be effective.

Readingshot
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:53 am
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Readingshot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 pm

I for one have managed to pester a mate into coming and will hopefully have another confirmed tomorrow. Lets be honest a good cup run could really turn our season around. Time to get behind the team.

Jason
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Jason » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:05 am

This thread highlights one of my annoyances with the club. The budget is set for 2450, yet there is no innovation or ideas to get new/more fans through the gate, and really there never has been. Either that, or they are not promoted properly. Right from 1992 we seem to have thought our attendances are fine, so no need to try. Which is part of the reason we have a fan base that is losing interest, ageing or even dying.

ChrisShotsFC
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:47 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by ChrisShotsFC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 am

Readingshot wrote:I for one have managed to pester a mate into coming and will hopefully have another confirmed tomorrow. Lets be honest a good cup run could really turn our season around. Time to get behind the team.
Excellent if everyone followed your example we would fill the place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:26 am

Birdman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm
CH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Good idea, but yes I would make sure this is pushed properly for maximum effect and choose a league game. Almost a home TOD.

At the moment, seeing as I quite like my friends, I'll try and bring someone else...
Bring someone you don’t like to a game. Now that might catch on :)
Sorry, Mousey, I've got a season ticket. :D
I’m sorry to hear that Birdy. You have my condolences.


Post Reply