Re: What can i do for my club?

Post by Birdman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:26 am
Birdman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm

Bring someone you don’t like to a game. Now that might catch on :)
Sorry, Mousey, I've got a season ticket. :D
I’m sorry to hear that Birdy. You have my condolences.
Condolences not needed. 'Tis better than paying on the day.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Sorry, Mousey, I've got a season ticket. :D
Does mean you feel obliged to go to all games though no matter what.
I’ve had a season ticket again since Gary returned (he was the reason for me getting one) but due to the squad discintigrating in the close season, I had a feeling it would be one of those seasons and didn’t get one. I was right as it turned out.
Still come to most however and will never totally give up on the Club. Too many years for that, but can’t say it’s not tough at the moment.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 pm
Birdman wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Does mean you feel obliged to go to all games though no matter what.
I’ve had a season ticket again since Gary returned (he was the reason for me getting one) but due to the squad discintigrating in the close season, I had a feeling it would be one of those seasons and didn’t get one. I was right as it turned out.
Still come to most however and will never totally give up on the Club. Too many years for that, but can’t say it’s not tough at the moment.
I don't feel obliged to go. It's something that I and I'm sure many other Shots supporters just do. To not go would almost seem like a dereliction of duty. Yes, we're going through a difficult season but it's not something that Shots supporters haven't experienced both pre and post '92.
Since administration this season has (to me anyway) been the most difficult to enjoy. The football in 13/14 under Andy Scott wasn't great but the target (bearing in mind our minus ten point penalty and team that he managed to put/scrape together) was to avoid relegation and that was achieved. The following season, much of the same but a slightly improved finishing position. Barry Smith's tenure wasn't characterised by good football by any means but again, an improved finish on the previous season. Then GW returned and his first season back was a joy. His second season was fine, not as good as the previous one but again a playoff place achieved. This season though is disappointing, not just in comparison to the previous two but just because it's not enjoyable. But, you hang in there in the hope of better times to come. Difficult as it may be, both the management and players need our support to get through this trying time.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm

I am not sure how feasible my idea of attracting new fans to come and watch the Shots could be, so maybe Richard or Brian could advise on this.
I have a very good friend of mine who works for Muller, and he assures me that the Marketing Manager of Muller is a massive fan of the Shots and had a hand with the Muller corner at the South east corner of he ground,If this is the case, and i have no reason not to believe this, then is/could there be some way we could tap into the Thousands of households that their milkman deliver to on a daily basis .
If there was any way we could concentrate on 20/25 Radius of Aldershot, then we would be talking thousands of households.I don,t, know how or if this could ever happen, leaflet drop,message on their customers account page, ect.. and of course if Muller would ever agree in the first place, But it seems we have the perfect fan on the inside who could tell us what the chances could be. I know it,s pie in the sky stuff, but with all those houses waiting for that Shots info to come to them, is it something worth enquiring about ?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm
I am not sure how feasible my idea of attracting new fans to come and watch the Shots could be, so maybe Richard or Brian could advise on this.
I have a very good friend of mine who works for Muller, and he assures me that the Marketing Manager of Muller is a massive fan of the Shots and had a hand with the Muller corner at the South east corner of he ground,If this is the case, and i have no reason not to believe this, then is/could there be some way we could tap into the Thousands of households that their milkman deliver to on a daily basis .
If there was any way we could concentrate on 20/25 Radius of Aldershot, then we would be talking thousands of households.I don,t, know how or if this could ever happen, leaflet drop,message on their customers account page, ect.. and of course if Muller would ever agree in the first place, But it seems we have the perfect fan on the inside who could tell us what the chances could be. I know it,s pie in the sky stuff, but with all those houses waiting for that Shots info to come to them, is it something worth enquiring about ?
An interesting one for Mark Butler methinks.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 pm
An interesting one for Mark Butler methinks.
Me agree Birdman.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:07 am

I agree Harry, I certainly think that this is a good idea but whether I think it is or not isn't as important as communicating the idea to the club. I will certainly mention it to Mark Butler when I next see him but why not drop him an email introducing yourself and giving him the idea first hand so to speak.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:58 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:07 am
I agree Harry, I certainly think that this is a good idea but whether I think it is or not isn't as important as communicating the idea to the club. I will certainly mention it to Mark Butler when I next see him but why not drop him an email introducing yourself and giving him the idea first hand so to speak.
Thanks Richard.

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 am

Works both ways I'm afraid. To take a friend to The Shots you would want to know they'll get reasonable value for money. If I'd have insisted a friend unknown to the Shots to either the Barrow or Ebbsfleet games (to name just two) I would have been highly embarrassed and would have expected the question "Is this what you spend your money on every week?"

In previous years I've been PROUD to bring friends along.

CH

Post by CH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Although I don't disagree with the actions taken it is a shame the club have taken the "oh well the crowd will be low" rather than the "what can we do to get people in" approach.

More worryingly is a crowd of 900 is only 5-600 less that our home crowd over the last few games.

Where do you draw the line and how long before we are playing league games in front of a half closed stadium?

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 pm

CH wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 pm
Although I don't disagree with the actions taken it is a shame the club have taken the "oh well the crowd will be low" rather than the "what can we do to get people in" approach.

More worryingly is a crowd of 900 is only 5-600 less that our home crowd over the last few games.

Where do you draw the line and how long before we are playing league games in front of a half closed stadium?
I agree with the above. Whilst I fully understand why the club are trying to save a few shillings v Bedford by closing the South Stand, the loss of revenue at Wally's Bar before the game, and the loss of goodwill of the fans who sit in the South Stand week in week out (Me included) by having to move is not a great option. Aldershot is now a retraction club, not innovative. People start to feel alienated. That then compounds the retraction. Not an easy one for Directors to call, I know, but it just appears that we are falling into previous traps.

ChrisShotsFC

Post by ChrisShotsFC » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 am

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:Works both ways I'm afraid. To take a friend to The Shots you would want to know they'll get reasonable value for money. If I'd have insisted a friend unknown to the Shots to either the Barrow or Ebbsfleet games (to name just two) I would have been highly embarrassed and would have expected the question "Is this what you spend your money on every week?"

In previous years I've been PROUD to bring friends along.
Surely that’s part of the game win lose or draw maybe the team is missing its 12th man the fans? If we get behind them in numbers we all know what a difference that makes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk