Matchday survey results

Localshot
Re: Matchday survey results

Post by Localshot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Any idea such as those indicated in this thread needs volunteers and we should all know by now that with our club they are in short supply.

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Have brought many young people to the ground with my kids to watch matches over the years but very few have returned.

Have felt for a long time now that the stadium and the outdated facilities are the main issue and the Directors know that. Those of us that grew up with the Rec in earlier times became used to things but young people now expect more comfort and better facilities etc.

The only way forward is to press the council to everything they can to move forward with a new stadium as quickly as possible. Although it may sometimes be unavoidable spending serious money on our current stadium is just about pointless as it will simply never reach modern standards.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:27 pm
Jason wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm

I was also actually staggered by how positive the results of the survey were in a lot of areas.

Well Jason it wasn't just the Shotsweb doom mongers who responded
See, this kind of attitude really doesnt help. Referring to anyone that makes valid critique as being a doom monger, hardly sets the right tone. Its why you have other posters talking about the happy clap brigade.

At times this forum does feel a little like the way North Korea is run whereby its okay to comment, aslong as its positive. Any form of dissent, is widely frowned upon by the moderstors.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:
Jason wrote:

I was also actually staggered by how positive the results of the survey were in a lot of areas.

See, this kind of attitude really doesnt help. Referring to anyone that makes valid critique as being a doom monger, hardly sets the right tone. Its why you have other posters talking about the happy clap brigade.

At times this forum does feel a little like the way North Korea is run whereby its okay to comment, aslong as its positive. Any form of dissent, is widely frowned upon by the moderstors.
Quietobserver, I'm assuming that your last word is meant to be 'moderators'. Posters can post their opinions/points of view/general comments on here irrespective of if they're pro or anti the club, the Board, the team or its management. There are times though when a thread will be locked or a warning posted due to the way the posters interact with each other. As I mentioned in another thread (and to which you may be eluding), Shotweb is quite a civil forum (and is generally self-policing) but there are occasions when action is deemed necessary. So, no, 'dissent' isn't widely frowned upon by the moderators.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Ancient Shot wrote:

Quietobserver, I'm assuming that your last word is meant to be 'moderators'. Posters can post their opinions/points of view/general comments on here irrespective of if they're pro or anti the club, the Board, the team or its management. There are times though when a thread will be locked or a warning posted due to the way the posters interact with each other. As I mentioned in another thread (and to which you may be eluding), Shotweb is quite a civil forum (and is generally self-policing) but there are occasions when action is deemed necessary. So, no, 'dissent' isn't widely frowned upon by the moderators.
Okay, if that is the case, why do moderators feel the need to make those comments at every opportunity whenever there is any kind of criticism of the club? If you're saying that its fine to have positive, negative and comments of an indifferent nature, aslong as they dont get overly personal and disrespectful between, why are the kind of comments that i referenced, necessary then?

For instance quite often you'll see people in the pro club camp making quite obvious digs at anyone who says anything critical of the club, and it tends to go completely unpunished. Now personally i dont get offended, but surely its only fair if theres a proportionate response. You cant have (well you can but its not a fair system) the pro club fans being allowed to make passive-aggressive comments with impunity, but if the people who criticise the club do something similar, they'll be punished for it.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:36 pm
Birdman wrote:
Quietobserver wrote:

Okay, if that is the case, 1) why do moderators feel the need to make those comments at every opportunity whenever there is any kind of criticism of the club? If you're saying that its fine to have positive, negative and comments of an indifferent nature, aslong as they dont get overly personal and disrespectful between, why are the kind of comments that i referenced, necessary then?

2) For instance quite often you'll see people in the pro club camp making quite obvious digs at anyone who says anything critical of the club, and it tends to go completely unpunished. Now personally i dont get offended, but surely its only fair if theres a proportionate response. You cant have (well you can but its not a fair system) the pro club fans being allowed to make passive-aggressive comments with impunity, but if the people who criticise the club do something similar, they'll be punished for it.
1) "At every opportunity", really? That's news to me.
2) Both sides make "quite obvious digs" at each other. It's not the one-way street that you seem to think it is.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Birdman wrote:

Okay, if that is the case, 1) why do moderators feel the need to make those comments at every opportunity whenever there is any kind of criticism of the club? If you're saying that its fine to have positive, negative and comments of an indifferent nature, aslong as they dont get overly personal and disrespectful between, why are the kind of comments that i referenced, necessary then?

2) For instance quite often you'll see people in the pro club camp making quite obvious digs at anyone who says anything critical of the club, and it tends to go completely unpunished. Now personally i dont get offended, but surely its only fair if theres a proportionate response. You cant have (well you can but its not a fair system) the pro club fans being allowed to make passive-aggressive comments with impunity, but if the people who criticise the club do something similar, they'll be punished for it.
2) Both sides make "quite obvious digs" at each other. It's not the one-way street that you seem to think it is.
We know both sides have ago at one another, but i think Mr Q is saying, is that its the folk who make criticism of the club /team, its their posts that seem to get the thread closed down, Forgive me if i am wrong Mr Q.

FATBOY

Post by FATBOY » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Localshot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm
Any idea such as those indicated in this thread needs volunteers and we should all know by now that with our club they are in short supply.
Right you are, sir. If the club would like this to happen, all they have to do is message me and I'd be delighted to help. We do, however, have a marketing lead within the club who's job I suspect it would be to do something like this.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Birdman wrote:

Well theres a specific small number of posters who do it a lot. Its not even aimed at me, but i notice it. I won't specifically name them as to not start any drama but theres a couple who are always at it.

BillB

Post by BillB » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Sadly many think that this message board is "The Club"... that said.... This thread is a really good start to doing something constructive. I'm one of those who is getting to the top of the ladder. I no longer want to be travelling on the M25 when it's raining, dark and over loaded with traffic........
Thanks Rob for helping to keep me in touch; the radio commentary is a lifeline.....

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Ancient Shot wrote:
Jason wrote:

Do you believe IF we had won against Gravesend last Saturday any of these threads would be running?

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:59 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Ancient Shot wrote:

Do you believe IF we had won against Gravesend last Saturday any of these threads would be running?
Isn't that the same for any football club or any endeavour in life though? If things are going well there isn't a reason to moan about it.