South Stand Closed for FAT Game

Portly Stilton Shot
Re: South Stand Closed for FAT Game

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am

Might end up costing the Club more. They'll have to especially reinforce a seat for me in the North Stand!

Morrissey's Scorcher

Post by Morrissey's Scorcher » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 am

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am
Might end up costing the Club more. They'll have to especially reinforce a seat for me in the North Stand!
Concrete base there so you'll have no problems, sounds like you are taking more of a risk in the the old wooden South Stand though :P

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Sensible decision although a shame for the South standers and slabbers.
Can see the gate being about 700-800.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Birdy ? Which is the E48 entrance ? Is that the one in the corner by the Burger Van/ Outside bar ?
Sorry if you dont know ? ?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 pm

If I may I can help on that Anon E Mouse.

E48 is the first single entrance into the East bank as you turn the corner by the floodlight pylon into the car park. This entrance can come out of use because there is a wide double entrance E46/E47 to the same part of the Eastbank located to the right of the Pylon which is used by most Eastbank fans who stand in that section. The second and third entrances to the East bank E49 (middle) and E49b (far end) will be unaffected.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 pm

E48 is the first single entrance into the East bank as you turn the corner by the floodlight pylon into the car park. This entrance can come out of use because there is a wide double entrance E46/E47 to the same part of the Eastbank located to the right of the Pylon which is used by most Eastbank fans who stand in that section. The second and third entrances to the East bank E49 (middle) and E49b (far end) will be unaffected.
That’s great thanks Richard.
I presume it’s saving one extra steward which is sensible.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm
Richard Petty wrote:

Yes it’s fantastic news Mick

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:

Plus the savings from not using stewards over on the south side. Top of the head guesstimate, maybe 7-8 less.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:

Yes it’s fantastic news Mick
Every little helps DP. Maybe not enough for that goal poacher but probably enough for a replacement railway line ball if we are lucky :lol:

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:57 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Richard Petty wrote:

Plus the savings from not using stewards over on the south side. Top of the head guesstimate, maybe 7-8 less.
Wow a bag of balls. Might even fund the CEO :-)

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Just to clarify and hopefully dispel any confusion we have actually got two different club announcements merged into this one thread.

For the Trophy game the club has announced ticketing news and confirmed that the South Stand will be closed https://www.theshots.co.uk/bedford-town ... formation/ this does indeed make a lot of sense and as Birdman points out will save a lot of money on stewarding that side of the stadium.

In a separate statement the club has also announced that they have been able to get approval from the Safety Advisory Group to make some more permanent changes that will help the club to reduce stewarding costs further over not just one game but for the rest of this season and subsequent seasons. https://www.theshots.co.uk/match-day-operations-update/

The first change is that after careful consideration to ensure there is no effect on safety the club is being allowed to close three entrances to specific areas that are already fully accessible via other entrances, this reduces the stewarding numbers by three (One per entrance) for most games.

The second change is that the club has also been given approval to remove the previous requirement for some of the stewards doing solely operational rather than safety roles to be NVQ qualified. This means that some previously paid stewards can now be replaced by volunteers who may want to help the club but who previously could not due to their lack of qualification.

This is a very important saving and will over the course of the season make some substantial savings for the club whilst at the same time continuing to operate to a very high standard when it comes to spectator safety. Well done to all involved from the club and also well done and thanks to those on the Safety Advisory group who have taken a pragmatic and sensible approach to help us cater for the current reduction in attendances.

SW Shot

Post by SW Shot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Didn’t something similar happen a few years ago when the entrance to the East Bank/North Stand was fenced off?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm

SW Shot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:54 pm
Didn’t something similar happen a few years ago when the entrance to the East Bank/North Stand was fenced off?
Yes, we put up a barrier so that one of the entrances couldn't be used thus reducing the cost of a steward or two. If I remember correctly, this was in the year before or after our administration and we were trying to cut down on expenditure and this was seen as one way to do so. It dId look a bit Heath Robinson.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Yes and in hindsight the old "Heath Robinson" one was not a good entrance to block off as a lot of people use that one, the one being blocked off now will be easier to close and is used less so will not cause any major inconvenience