Fans forum free tickets.

PAUL BLUNDELL
Fans forum free tickets.

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 am

Don't know if anyone took any, but i had three. So on Sunday, i went looking round my local football pitches, and everyone i got to was abandoned. I guess i chose the one's where to my luck, everyone was playing away. So, one had a middle aged dad just running about with two kids, i asked if he had ever taken them to a football match and he said no. So the obvious question was, would he use a free ticket to go, he said yes, so my first new supporters in the bag i hope. The next stop was Basingbourne road in Fleet where i again met with no one, except a dad giving his son some goal keeping training. I approached, noticing both were wearing the Fleet town badge on their tops. In conversation, i found the dad and son were due to finish training and take a trip to Swindon town, where their team they support, Woking, were playing in the fa cup. A joke from me was they would probably tear the tickets up but no, they said, they would use it and attend to my astonishment. Well, i now have one left which i will probably give to my local school to see if they can use it. I have taken the numbers off the tickets to see if i can check weather they were used after the Wrexham game. I now hope firstly the team win and they all have a good time and perhaps return again some time. Did anyone else take any, and like me, did they find or feel it very awkward to approach and try any give them away? Any suggestions from other supporters out there how it would be easy to do the same thing?

Richard Petty
Re: Fans forum free tickets.

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 am

Well done Paul, lets hope the newcomers enjoy their visit.

Yes it would be good to hear from others how they got on distributing tickets

BillB

Post by BillB » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Yes well done Paul.... probably not much chance of giving them away down here.......

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:11 pm

Bill, if i was in Herne bay, i wouldn't be giving these away either mate.