Player update, official confirmation

Post Reply
Birdman
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Player update, official confirmation

Post by Birdman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:25 pm


Cph.shots
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Blimey, I wonder how many will be fit for Saturday.

Cph.shots
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Blimey, I wonder how many will be fit for Saturday.
It never rains but it pours.

HarryTom
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by HarryTom » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Just been curious, but doe's any body know how many minutes our Captain has played so far this season ?

86/87 Glory Year
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: Away End
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm
Just been curious, but doe's any body know how many minutes our Captain has played so far this season ?
I think He played 90 mins v Dover and about 30 against Maidstone. I’m guessing.

Quietobserver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm

I wonder why they were recalled early from their loan agreements? Reading and portsmouth wernt happy with the way they were progressing at the club? OR in Readings case because they have just sacked their manager and there will be a new guy coming in who will want to take a look at everyone on the books.
Last edited by Quietobserver on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Is there anywhere that can help us get our heads around the recall/no recall rules?

aldershot-jg
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:22 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm
Just been curious, but doe's any body know how many minutes our Captain has played so far this season ?
I think He played 90 mins v Dover and about 30 against Maidstone. I’m guessing.
If you include the HSC game in total he’s made 5 appearances but in minutes it’s roughly 2.5 games.

SW Shot
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Somerset
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by SW Shot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm
Just been curious, but doe's any body know how many minutes our Captain has played so far this season ?
I think He played 90 mins v Dover and about 30 against Maidstone. I’m guessing.
Played 45 against Barnet (first day of the season) and started at Solihull but came off injured. Think I read that he’s played 5 times in total for us but no idea when the other was.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm
I wonder why they were recalled early from their loan agreements? Reading and portsmouth wernt happy with the way they were progressing at the club? OR in Readings case because they have just sacked their manager and there will be a new guy coming in who will want to take a look at everyone on the books.
May turns 21 tomorrow which would have ended his youth loan agreement. Osho recalled I assume because they’ve sacked their manager, any player loaned out longer than a month can be recalled I believe, hence why Reading can’t recall Barrett, but his loan ends after this weekend anyway.

Giles
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Farncombe
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Giles » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Barrett not too fussed as he seemed to tail off after a v promising start (playing in a poor attack though maybe?)

Gutted about Osho, he really looked the part :(

aldershot-jg
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm

SW Shot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm
86/87 Glory Year wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm
Just been curious, but doe's any body know how many minutes our Captain has played so far this season ?
I think He played 90 mins v Dover and about 30 against Maidstone. I’m guessing.
Played 45 against Barnet (first day of the season) and started at Solihull but came off injured. Think I read that he’s played 5 times in total for us but no idea when the other was.
Barnet - came on after 56 minutes
Chesterfield started, subbed off 73 minutes
Team Solent (HSC) started subbed off 52 minutes
Dover - full game.
Maidstone started, subbed off 30 minutes.

Quietobserver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Quietobserver » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:27 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm
I wonder why they were recalled early from their loan agreements? Reading and portsmouth wernt happy with the way they were progressing at the club? OR in Readings case because they have just sacked their manager and there will be a new guy coming in who will want to take a look at everyone on the books.
May turns 21 tomorrow which would have ended his youth loan agreement. Osho recalled I assume because they’ve sacked their manager, any player loaned out longer than a month can be recalled I believe, hence why Reading can’t recall Barrett, but his loan ends after this weekend anyway.
Makes sense 👍

Warnboro of the South
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 am
Location: The South
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by Warnboro of the South » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Best wishes and thanks to both players.

Gabe's performances and development has been way beyond his years and let's hope he can break into Reading's first team squad by the season's end. Otherwise, perhaps, their new manager will allow him back. I felt after a good start, we never realised Adam's full promise.

MikeO
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 am
Re: Player update, official confirmation

Post by MikeO » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Agree Warnborough. Just had a look at the Portsmouth FC website, and it states that Adam excelled against Arsenal U21's, following his recall from Aldershot Town. Ah well!


Post Reply