Waddock OUT

Post Reply
Trust in Gary
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Trust in Gary » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am
CH wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 pm
Just watched Waddock and Rendell interviews.

I can't believe I have more faith and comfort in Rendell's words than Waddock's regurgitated "we are where we are" rubbish
Scott should concentrate on contributing on the pitch. He didn’t do much, looked no better than most others and falling to the floor to try to con the ref into giving a penalty was embarrassing.
It was a penalty 100% the defender our him back

Richard Petty
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 am

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am
Now is not the time to be negative & keep banging on with criticism over the manager. 2 weeks ago I watched this team play well away against Dagenham & came away with the belief that we can get out of this mess.

That belief will remain until the final hour, up til then, we need to keep supporting the team. Going to watch the team is difficult at the moment but they need our support, shouting abuse & ridicule from the terraces gets us nowhere.

Once we know our fate is certain, then we can be critical .
As you quite rightly point out we played really well against Dagenham and after that game I was confident that we would start to get the results and pull away from the bottom. That's what was so disappointing yesterday that we couldn't repeat or even get close to the Dagenham performance.

To be fair re your point about abuse & ridicule I think most of the fans did stay behind the team during the game, there was certainly no repeat of the negative chanting that we had during the Chesterfield game.

bordon shot
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by bordon shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 am
bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am
Now is not the time to be negative & keep banging on with criticism over the manager. 2 weeks ago I watched this team play well away against Dagenham & came away with the belief that we can get out of this mess.

That belief will remain until the final hour, up til then, we need to keep supporting the team. Going to watch the team is difficult at the moment but they need our support, shouting abuse & ridicule from the terraces gets us nowhere.

Once we know our fate is certain, then we can be critical .
As you quite rightly point out we played really well against Dagenham and after that game I was confident that we would start to get the results and pull away from the bottom. That's what was so disappointing yesterday that we couldn't repeat or even get close to the Dagenham performance.

To be fair re your point about abuse & ridicule I think most of the fans did stay behind the team during the game, there was certainly no repeat of the negative chanting that we had during the Chesterfield game.
My ears did not receive me where I was sitting Richard.

Richard Petty
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:37 am

Ok fair enough Borden, I didn't hear it yesterday like I did at the Chesterfield game where it was whole areas of the ground including a lot of the Eastbank.

WTF
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am

Trust in Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am
CH wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 pm
Just watched Waddock and Rendell interviews.

I can't believe I have more faith and comfort in Rendell's words than Waddock's regurgitated "we are where we are" rubbish
Scott should concentrate on contributing on the pitch. He didn’t do much, looked no better than most others and falling to the floor to try to con the ref into giving a penalty was embarrassing.
It was a penalty 100% the defender our him back
Yes it was a 100% penalty

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am

The only time (apart from the odd, understandable groan of frustration) the East Bank were negative was injury time with the chant of ‘you’re nothing special, we lose every week’.

WTF
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 am
Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 am
bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am
Now is not the time to be negative & keep banging on with criticism over the manager. 2 weeks ago I watched this team play well away against Dagenham & came away with the belief that we can get out of this mess.

That belief will remain until the final hour, up til then, we need to keep supporting the team. Going to watch the team is difficult at the moment but they need our support, shouting abuse & ridicule from the terraces gets us nowhere.

Once we know our fate is certain, then we can be critical .
As you quite rightly point out we played really well against Dagenham and after that game I was confident that we would start to get the results and pull away from the bottom. That's what was so disappointing yesterday that we couldn't repeat or even get close to the Dagenham performance.

To be fair re your point about abuse & ridicule I think most of the fans did stay behind the team during the game, there was certainly no repeat of the negative chanting that we had during the Chesterfield game.
My ears did not receive me where I was sitting Richard.
But are'nt people entitled to say what they think when they are spending their money? Dont you say something if you buy a meal from a takeaway for example? There is no difference as you are paying for it!

WTF
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am

bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 am
Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 am
bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am
Now is not the time to be negative & keep banging on with criticism over the manager. 2 weeks ago I watched this team play well away against Dagenham & came away with the belief that we can get out of this mess.

That belief will remain until the final hour, up til then, we need to keep supporting the team. Going to watch the team is difficult at the moment but they need our support, shouting abuse & ridicule from the terraces gets us nowhere.

Once we know our fate is certain, then we can be critical .
As you quite rightly point out we played really well against Dagenham and after that game I was confident that we would start to get the results and pull away from the bottom. That's what was so disappointing yesterday that we couldn't repeat or even get close to the Dagenham performance.

To be fair re your point about abuse & ridicule I think most of the fans did stay behind the team during the game, there was certainly no repeat of the negative chanting that we had during the Chesterfield game.
My ears did not receive me where I was sitting Richard.
But are'nt people entitled to say what they think when they are spending their money? Dont you say something if you buy a meal from a takeaway for example? There is no difference as you are paying for it!

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am

WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am
Trust in Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am


Scott should concentrate on contributing on the pitch. He didn’t do much, looked no better than most others and falling to the floor to try to con the ref into giving a penalty was embarrassing.
It was a penalty 100% the defender our him back
Yes it was a 100% penalty
Not as blatant as the handball he missed by one of our defenders in the first half...

WTF
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:15 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am
WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am
Trust in Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

It was a penalty 100% the defender our him back
Yes it was a 100% penalty
Not as blatant as the handball he missed by one of our defenders in the first half...
Yes agree with that, I think the 4th official was embarrassed by his body language!

Alex
Posts: 2097
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Alex » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am

WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am
Trust in Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am
Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am


Scott should concentrate on contributing on the pitch. He didn’t do much, looked no better than most others and falling to the floor to try to con the ref into giving a penalty was embarrassing.
It was a penalty 100% the defender our him back
Yes it was a 100% penalty
Not for me.

Both Gerry and Scott lose the majority of their battles and go down far too easily in all areas, IMO. Probably not Rens fault as he’s not a lone striker / target man and shouldn’t be used as one. McDonagh though, well he needs to be putting in much more effort than he has in the last few games! He’s bordering on McCoy laziness...

bordon shot
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by bordon shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:37 am

WTF wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am
bordon shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 am
Richard Petty wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 am


As you quite rightly point out we played really well against Dagenham and after that game I was confident that we would start to get the results and pull away from the bottom. That's what was so disappointing yesterday that we couldn't repeat or even get close to the Dagenham performance.

To be fair re your point about abuse & ridicule I think most of the fans did stay behind the team during the game, there was certainly no repeat of the negative chanting that we had during the Chesterfield game.
My ears did not receive me where I was sitting Richard.
But are'nt people entitled to say what they think when they are spending their money? Dont you say something if you buy a meal from a takeaway for example? There is no difference as you are paying for it!
Off course people are entitled to an opinion. But what gives people the right to abuse/ridicule players from the terraces?

Anyway, that's beside the point I was trying make about supporting the team to the bitter end. 😉🤩

Preston Shot
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

How long is Waddock under contract for,is it until the end of the season ?
If so why o why haven’t the board seen sense and gambled on a replacement?
Surely they could pay up his contract till the end of the season

Norwich Nick
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Norwich Nick » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm
How long is Waddock under contract for,is it until the end of the season ?
If so why o why haven’t the board seen sense and gambled on a replacement?
Surely they could pay up his contract till the end of the season
Rolling one year contract, so unless there's some kind of performance clause in there (which I would hope there is), then it we're stuck unless someone can stump up the cost of paying it off

Redshot66
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:19 pm
Re: Waddock OUT

Post by Redshot66 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Waddock, the Chairman and his paupers need to go ASAP,before it is too late and there is no club.


Post Reply