Match Day Thread vs BARROW

Mick Earls Fan Club
Re: Match Day Thread vs BARROW

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Alex wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm
Just watched some highlights and I have to say I really don’t know why GW is unhappy with the referee...

• Awful finishing from us when still 0-0
• Poor defending for their goal
• Foul for 1st pen was inside the box
• Definite handball for 2nd pen

• 1 positive - good finish from McDonnell

Is yesterday’s ref to blame for our injury hit very disappointing season?
Just watched them - why did they not show the penalty save? Or did I miss it in one of the ad breaks?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:10 pm

The highlights will have been provided by Barrow so I guess they didn't want to show it to their fans and I don't believe we get any say over what highlights we are given.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Alex wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 am
Seems like some are just blaming the ref...

https://www.theshots.co.uk/shotstv-gary ... -defeat-2/

What will the excuse be Tuesday night after Orient smash us?
What was you prediction for the Barrow result?

alexjames

Post by alexjames » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Minor correction to the away support number reported by NN above.

I counted 40ish from my vantage point in the main stand opposite.

Of course the others may well have been lurking out of sight having a miserable weep, doing drugs In order to alter their perception of events or just having a slash etc.

And I shouldn't have been where I was. Having been rendered somewhat comatose by the long rail journey from Euston, I wandered in via the "main entrance". Thereafter, I assumed that I could work my way round to the enclosure containing the followers of the true faith. But segregation was in place. Dunno why.

Anyway, I'm plus 1 to the official away attendance, as if that helps.

Otherwise, I reckoned it to be a decent performance. Just sodding unlucky to concede two pens at such a late stage.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 am

alexjames wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm
Otherwise, I reckoned it to be a decent performance. Just sodding unlucky to concede two pens at such a late stage
Unlucky? Both looked clumsy / silly and nailed on to me!

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:10 am

alexjames wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm
Minor correction to the away support number reported by NN above.

I counted 40ish from my vantage point in the main stand opposite.
The figure Barrow give for the away attendance is always on the dodgy side, last year they gave the figure as 67, when there were quite a higher number than this season. The problem is that everyone goes through the same gate whether it is seating or standing on the terrace, all of the standing supporters are away fans but there are some home seating supporters who also go through that gate. Last season the figure given was just the standing supporters but there were about 40 other shots sitting, so the figure should have been about 105. This season they have included everyone and there were about 45 standing and 25 sitting, so the figure should have been about 70, the other 9 were home sitters.

The same problem also occurred at Southport every time we went there.

alexjames

Post by alexjames » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Thanks Wanderer for explaining the away attendance discrepancy.

I fail to understand why they announce an away support number given that they cannot count it accurately.

Anyway, methinks that my engagement with Barrow is now at an end. My only previous attendance at one of their games was, I think, in the 1971/72 season at R*****g. No interest in the game, only there to get a voucher entitling me to get in to a FAC match vs Arsenal (I'm a home and away supporter, just do half a dozen ATFC aways per season largely because I'm bored of the same PL grounds every season. And the club needs all the support it can muster).

A 47 year gap between attending Barrow matches seems about right. One would not wish to overdo such things.