Last nights attendance

Alex
Last nights attendance

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am

I’m going to guess it was a bit bigger than the announced figure.

3 of us with season tickets went through the only open turnstile (close to the front office/shop) just before 7pm. The operator said he was just ‘standing in’ as the other guy had to disappear. This bloke just looked at our cards and said “oh you’re ok” then let us through without scanning our barcode. So surely us 3 and perhaps more people wouldn’t have been counted?

Also, a different point (not a moan, just observation). The same operator let the male adult in front of me in the queue pay £17 for a terrace ticket. The chap actually said “it’s £18 now isn’t it” but again the operator mentioned he was just covering someone else and last he knew it was £17 for an adult to stand.

I hope we’re not losing a few £££ every home match because in our current position it all adds up and we need every £ we can get...!

Shots1954
Re: Last nights attendance

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 am

Alex wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am

3 of us with season tickets went through the only open turnstile (close to the front office/shop) just before 7pm. The operator said he was just ‘standing in’ as the other guy had to disappear. This bloke just looked at our cards and said “oh you’re ok” then let us through without scanning our barcode. So surely us 3 and perhaps more people wouldn’t have been counted?

Also, a different point (not a moan, just observation). The same operator let the male adult in front of me in the queue pay £17 for a terrace ticket. The chap actually said “it’s £18 now isn’t it” but again the operator mentioned he was just covering someone else and last he knew it was £17 for an adult to stand.

I hope we’re not losing a few £££ every home match because in our current position it all adds up and we need every £ we can get...!
But it's something the club need to be on top of Alex. Very poor if this happens at each game and wrong!

WozzaSHOT

Post by WozzaSHOT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Alex wrote:

As I posted elsewhere. It’s my understanding all season ticket holders are counted as in the attendance for every game - if correct - it wouldn’t change the size of the crowd...

However you’d expect the club to be counting the clicks through the turnstiles to calculate what income the turnstile operator has.. the fact you where not scanned points to them not counting numbers though turnstiles which is open to all sorts of fraud!!

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Far more importantly, I would have got closer to the correct attendance in the WAFFL prediction competition. Any help getting the attendance recounted as exactly 2100 would be much appreciated. Even getting within 5% would be nice, which only requires a few more attendees.

ians

Post by ians » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 pm

WozzaSHOT wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 pm
Alex wrote:

As I posted elsewhere. It’s my understanding all season ticket holders are counted as in the attendance for every game - if correct - it wouldn’t change the size of the crowd...

However you’d expect the club to be counting the clicks through the turnstiles to calculate what income the turnstile operator has.. the fact you where not scanned points to them not counting numbers though turnstiles which is open to all sorts of fraud!!
I'm pretty sure I have seen a statement some time ago that we don't do that! Its certainly true that many clubs do though, Eastleigh for a start...

Bagshot Bob

Post by Bagshot Bob » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm

To put last night into context, there were less Aldershot fans at the game last night than we took to Brisbane Road last season!!! That should be a massive concern to the BoD!

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Bagshot Bob wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm
To put last night into context, there were less Aldershot fans at the game last night than we took to Brisbane Road last season!!! That should be a massive concern to the BoD!
Expect good crowds if we're in the top 2 or 3 of NL South in the next season or so.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm

ians wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 pm
WozzaSHOT wrote:
Alex wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have seen a statement some time ago that we don't do that! Its certainly true that many clubs do though, Eastleigh for a start...
You are correct ians no one gets into the stadium without going through a turnstile unless they are in one of the lounges in which case they will be coming in via the side gate where there tickets are checked. The numbers quoted for last nights attendance will be accurate and will have been verified by comparing the manual turnstile counters in the club office against the electronic counters that are viewed on the crowd management system in the control room.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 pm

scorp wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:17 pm
Bagshot Bob wrote:
Expect good crowds if we're in the top 2 or 3 of NL South in the next season or so.
Couldn't agree more! 5,000 crowds towards the end if we're challenging. or make that 6,000 if we're still in the National Premier :D

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 pm
scorp wrote:
Bagshot Bob wrote:
Couldn't agree more! 5,000 crowds towards the end if we're challenging. or make that 6,000 if we're still in the National Premier :D
Let the good times roll ... somehow!

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Alex wrote:

Alex- Have you spoken to the club about this ? I would've thought that an issue like this should be fed back to the BOD rather put out on this message board

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

WozzaSHOT wrote:
Alex wrote:

Surely that can’t be true ?
I think I seem to remember we sold over 800 season tickets this year, so if you auto count those that makes the balance of home support about 400 ?? Now I know people are walking away atm but surely not to that extent.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:08 pm

brian bloomfield wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:42 pm
scorp wrote:
Bagshot Bob wrote:
I think those days are long gone ; if entrance was reduced to £12 for the NLS and we were soaring I still think we'd struggle to get much over 2000.
The club needs complete rebuilding and a clear vision for the future (sorry, but that does include a new /totally redeveloped ground) before we can start tempting in newbies. They simply don't buy into what the club is now (last 2 seasons were good but the crowds didn't flock) and if they do go to the rec its more likely to see Chelsea play another PL reserve/youth side.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:40 pm

MikeB wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm
Far more importantly, I would have got closer to the correct attendance in the WAFFL prediction competition. Any help getting the attendance recounted as exactly 2100 would be much appreciated. Even getting within 5% would be nice, which only requires a few more attendees.
I am reliably informed that there were exactly 58 more attendees than the official attendance figure :wink:

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:00 am

Norwich Nick wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:40 pm
MikeB wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm
I am reliably informed that there were exactly 58 more attendees than the official attendance figure :wink:
You don't need the extra points - you made another fantastic prediction and you are running away with the competition. Whereas I dropped out of the top 3 at the weekend :-(