Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

Alex
Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Bill
Re: Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

Post by Bill » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:28 pm

While it doesn't change anything I thought it was better communication than recent days and any announcements in the not too distant future regarding the ground will be interesting. The bi-monthly fan meeting will surely be welcomed?

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Fans asked for news, fans have news. Credit where credits due. Lets hope Gary agrees to be manager
next season which ever league we end up in and the chairman oversees the ground redevelopment.

leewillzy

Post by leewillzy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Why in earth would you want Gary as manager next season?

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm

leewillzy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Because he will win conf south. T.I.G.

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm
leewillzy wrote:
You said he would win conf National this year.... DTIG

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
leewillzy wrote:
I’m not convinced

86/87 Glory Year

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
leewillzy wrote:
Must be a wind up surely. 1 win in 21 against Braintree. We need a new approach.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:37 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:28 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
leewillzy wrote:
Must be a wind up surely. 1 win in 21 against Braintree. We need a new approach.
Have we played Braintree 21 times?

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Credit to Shahid, finally some acknowledgement of the many problems we are enduring. Hopefully the regular forums will help him communicate even more.

I hope the 'positive news' on the ground development includes the fans consultation we were promised would happen last summer. Maybe then we can start to move towards the 'sustainable' club he apparently wants. I do still wonder if we are maximising what we currently have, though, in terms of room hire and non-matchday income. Purely by coincidence I attended a meeting that my group director had booked at the EBB, but I don't know how many other companies use it, or are even aware of its existence as a business venue.

He admits to mistakes this season, but that hasn't been the start of it. It seems like we massively over-reached last season too, and have we learnt from those mistakes? No.

I hope "discussions about relegation are not on the agenda" is purely in public - surely any business (as with Brexit) must plan ahead for different scenarios? As Abee (I think) said, they should have draft budgets already drawn up for National League and South.

These words are a step in the right direction but must be backed up with decisive actions.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Yes its good to finally hear something from the chairman regards the current situation.

I would add that not everyone has the time or inclanation to want to arrange a meeting with the chairman. An update every other week like this from the programme is all it would take to improve communication.

As mentioned, hopefully plans for relegation 'fall out' are being made behind closed doors. Would be a dereliction of duty not preparing for both eventualities asap.

WozzaSHOT

Post by WozzaSHOT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
leewillzy wrote:
I’m not convinced
Trouble with NLS is there are no teams that play our style of football (to impress against - like last night), no refs that would protect our fancy players and we’d get kicked off the park..

Best to move on and play like everyone else that has less than 5k home gate and no sugar daddy

abee

Post by abee » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 pm

GWRBA wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Credit to Shahid, finally some acknowledgement of the many problems we are enduring. Hopefully the regular forums will help him

I hope "discussions about relegation are not on the agenda" is purely in public - surely any business (as with Brexit) must plan ahead for different scenarios? As Abee (I think) said, they should have draft budgets already drawn up for National League and South.
I certainly own up to saying that and indeed I've already done my own ATFC short form budgets for next season for both NL and NLS with the thrown off cash flow as a twelve month stand alone because I have no idea how much cash deficit will be dragged into 2019-20. I posted elsewhere that I concluded a breakeven profit and loss based upon a part time squad of twenty one and a playing budget of £450k in NLS. I also suggested in that post how I believed the playing budget could be spent and I included the ticket price and average attendances that I used.

I'd rather not tell you and you'd probably rather not hear my conclusions for next season in the NL.

The BOD has all of the documentation that I provided to the club and which were based upon the years that I was doing this at Brentford FC with Bob Lampert. They may of course by now have been dumped into the bin but if they haven't I promise you all that it would take whoever is looking after the finances and after the board agrees the 'assumptions' less than half an hour to drum up the necessary short form budgets which surely would have been knocked out in February and discussed some weeks ago at a board meeting.

I have a reasonable knowledge of the ATFC overhead from the eight months that I attended board meetings and looking after the finances which I thought we were getting into some sort of shape. I believed two years ago that the appointment of a General Manager (subsequently the job title was upgraded to CEO) was and would be seen to be an expensive mistake and similarly that to maximise the cash available for the playing budget and to contribute to debt reduction then consideration should be given to dropping the Asst Manager position.

All I ever wanted to do was to hopefully assist the club but it became painfully obvious that the way forward that I envisaged was not shared by the board. That was their right and they individually and collectively have the ultimate responsibility so it was proper that they managed the club as they saw fit and disregarded what I suppose they believed to be unwise outside advice.

Finally I'm amazed that an 'outside' consortium has shown interest in Aldershot and I don't mean that in a disparaging way. There are no assets to strip but it is certainly a suitable case for treatment for keen supporters. I do believe that the club could have a vibrant future and I wish for all Aldershot supporters everything that they wish for themselves.

team from clanmell

Post by team from clanmell » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Mr Azeem too little too late,though fair play you are at last acting. Nasty premier league Chelsea will keep you going till 2020 . Not many small clubs can say that. Pre and post administration in my opinion your board has been shocking.
Almost as if they had another agenda.......Though I only speculate. You the fans wanted security of some tangible assets, at present you have Chelsea only as your sugar daddy.....shocking.
The proof is in the doing.....we can all talk about it.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:24 pm

abee wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 pm
GWRBA wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm
Credit to Shahid, finally some acknowledgement of the many problems we are enduring. Hopefully the regular forums will help him

I certainly own up to saying that and indeed I've already done my own ATFC short form budgets for next season for both NL and NLS with the thrown off cash flow as a twelve month stand alone because I have no idea how much cash deficit will be dragged into 2019-20. I posted elsewhere that I concluded a breakeven profit and loss based upon a part time squad of twenty one and a playing budget of £450k in NLS. I also suggested in that post how I believed the playing budget could be spent and I included the ticket price and average attendances that I used.

I'd rather not tell you and you'd probably rather not hear my conclusions for next season in the NL.

The BOD has all of the documentation that I provided to the club and which were based upon the years that I was doing this at Brentford FC with Bob Lampert. They may of course by now have been dumped into the bin but if they haven't I promise you all that it would take whoever is looking after the finances and after the board agrees the 'assumptions' less than half an hour to drum up the necessary short form budgets which surely would have been knocked out in February and discussed some weeks ago at a board meeting.

I have a reasonable knowledge of the ATFC overhead from the eight months that I attended board meetings and looking after the finances which I thought we were getting into some sort of shape. I believed two years ago that the appointment of a General Manager (subsequently the job title was upgraded to CEO) was and would be seen to be an expensive mistake and similarly that to maximise the cash available for the playing budget and to contribute to debt reduction then consideration should be given to dropping the Asst Manager position.

All I ever wanted to do was to hopefully assist the club but it became painfully obvious that the way forward that I envisaged was not shared by the board. That was their right and they individually and collectively have the ultimate responsibility so it was proper that they managed the club as they saw fit and disregarded what I suppose they believed to be unwise outside advice.

Finally I'm amazed that an 'outside' consortium has shown interest in Aldershot and I don't mean that in a disparaging way. There are no assets to strip but it is certainly a suitable case for treatment for keen supporters. I do believe that the club could have a vibrant future and I wish for all Aldershot supporters everything that they wish for themselves.
An excellent post Abee! Oh how I wish you were around now to give some valuable help and advice. I too have my concerns if we go down to NLS and the clubs ability to deal with that and to get the club back up, to where it should be!