Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

86/87 Glory Year
Re: Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Why are Dulwich Hamlet getting such decent crowds? Tradionally they don’t get great crowds.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:12 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:07 pm
Why are Dulwich Hamlet getting such decent crowds? Tradionally they don’t get great crowds.

There was an article in The Guardian a couple of months ago.
Apparently it's become quite a fad among hipsters and also apparently gay supporters.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2015 ... tball-club

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Taken over by those with a political agenda. Half of them don't even watch the game

All about real ale, beards and tofu

You're gonna love it

86/87 Glory Year

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:26 pm

The Garland brothers and Les Cleveley long gone then.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

With regard to the upcoming bi-monthly fans forums. I feel that this will only be beneficial if different age groups attend rather than the usual attendees. If my experience of previous FF’s is anything to go by then it’s mostly made up of the 60+ age group (I’m being polite there). If the younger generation don’t attend and get vocally involved then don’t complain if things don’t appear to change.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Yes, Cleveley wouldn't have been tolerated by these right-on luvvies

When we played them at home they had a massive moan that we didn't applaud the announced away attendance and that 'Places like Kingfield are places where only the result seems to matter'

According to them football should be more about the experience than the score. I think they are trying to become St Pauli

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm

As a supporter of one of these types of clubs (all about the experience not the political stuff) it has it's pluses and minuses.
The fact people turn up time and time again in huge numbers whatever is happening on the pitch is wonderful. But boy is it frustrating when you are rooted to bottom of the league getting beat each week and still everyone is in full party mode after the games.
Still if it makes them happy.....

South Stand Blue

Post by South Stand Blue » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm
With regard to the upcoming bi-monthly fans forums. I feel that this will only be beneficial if different age groups attend rather than the usual attendees. If my experience of previous FF’s is anything to go by then it’s mostly made up of the 60+ age group (I’m being polite there). If the younger generation don’t attend and get vocally involved then don’t complain if things don’t appear to change.
Totally agree and those that can attend, then that's the time for the keyboard warriors to ask the questions face to face if they want to.
Now whether they have the cojones to do so, well that a different matter :wink:

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Wokingham Shot, you've summed Dulwich up perfectly

Full on party mode regardless of the score,I'm sure the Dulwich fans who were already there are thrilled

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Birdman wrote:
When/where was that announced?

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:56 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm
Birdman wrote:
When/where was that announced?
Read the link in Alex’s opening post.

ACA

Post by ACA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm

You know those notes from the Chairman that you were quoting so extensively in another thread? It was in there :wink:

"With this in mind I have agreed a bi-monthly fans forum. The dates will be published shortly."

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 pm

What is really frustrating at these forums is when no one actually comes with any questions prepared. So often you get the chairman or the manager introduced the floor is then opened for questions and the response is silence. Then after a while someone struggles to come up with something usually a question about why the manager is playing someone in a particular position and then for the next half hour getting questions is a bit like the proverbial getting of blood from a stone.

Forums are great opportunities to ask the questions that really matter and get the response first hand, there are so many good questions get asked on here where you cant get the direct answers so use these forums to get the answers. And if you cant go then put your question on here and someone who is going can offer to ask it for you and then either PM you with the answer or post it on here preferred.

Just don't let these opportunities go to waste

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm

ACA wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm
You know those notes from the Chairman that you were quoting so extensively in another thread? It was in there :wink:

"With this in mind I have agreed a bi-monthly fans forum. The dates will be published shortly."
You big bully :D

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 pm
What is really frustrating at these forums is when no one actually comes with any questions prepared. So often you get the chairman or the manager introduced the floor is then opened for questions and the response is silence. Then after a while someone struggles to come up with something usually a question about why the manager is playing someone in a particular position and then for the next half hour getting questions is a bit like the proverbial getting of blood from a stone.

Forums are great opportunities to ask the questions that really matter and get the response first hand, there are so many good questions get asked on here where you cant get the direct answers so use these forums to get the answers. And if you cant go then put your question on here and someone who is going can offer to ask it for you and then either PM you with the answer or post it on here preferred.

Just don't let these opportunities go to waste
That pretty much sums up my experiences of our fans forums.
People need to ask questions and if they don’t like the answer, dig deeper. As I said (more or less) in an earlier post, these FF’s need new blood, new energy to freshen things up otherwise there’ll be the usual faces asking the old ‘same old, same old’. I say that not as a criticism of all those who regularly turn up for these events. Without them there’d be an almost empty room.