Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

Oliver11
Re: Chairman’s Notes - Orient (H)

Post by Oliver11 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:51 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm
leewillzy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Why in earth would you want Gary as manager next season?
Because he will win conf south. T.I.G.
Completely DELUDED

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Pleasing that Azeem has finally addressed the supporters properly. Saying ‘come and see me’ or ‘let’s meet every couple of months’ is all well and good but is completely impractical for most fans. Sad that in a time or dire crisis it’s taken months for him to finally write a meaningful message for mass consumption by the fan base.

The content of his notes is welcome and I think I believe most of it. However it fails to explain why, despite all the time and effort being put in, the really difficult decisions have not been made.

Also, I’d much rather the BOD did consider relegation and assure fans that if the (almost) inevitable happens we have a proper plan in place and casflow model to maintain a sustainable club.

ians

Post by ians » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 am

team from clanmell wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Mr Azeem too little too late,though fair play you are at last acting. Nasty premier league Chelsea will keep you going till 2020 . Not many small clubs can say that. Pre and post administration in my opinion your board has been shocking.
Almost as if they had another agenda.......Though I only speculate. You the fans wanted security of some tangible assets, at present you have Chelsea only as your sugar daddy.....shocking.
The proof is in the doing.....we can all talk about it.
And Chelsea only had a man from Russia who ripped off the Russian people, and licked the backside of Putin's mafia!
But hey he's a sugar daddy you like to support :lol:

ians

Post by ians » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 pm
Pleasing that Azeem has finally addressed the supporters properly. Saying ‘come and see me’ or ‘let’s meet every couple of months’ is all well and good but is completely impractical for most fans. Sad that in a time or dire crisis it’s taken months for him to finally write a meaningful message for mass consumption by the fan base.

The content of his notes is welcome and I think I believe most of it. However it fails to explain why, despite all the time and effort being put in, the really difficult decisions have not been made.

Also, I’d much rather the BOD did consider relegation and assure fans that if the (almost) inevitable happens we have a proper plan in place and casflow model to maintain a sustainable club.
It is impractical for many that true. Perhaps we need to nominate a supporter to go loaded with all our questions for an interview. :)

DonnyDarko2012

Post by DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 am

ians wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 am
chimpster99 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 pm

It is impractical for many that true. Perhaps we need to nominate a supporter to go loaded with all our questions for an interview. :)
Or maybe have someone on the board to represent the supporters. Someone who will stay and do all they can to make sure bad things don't happen. Someone who wont walk away when they see our club being mismanaged by the board :?

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am

leewillzy wrote:

Why and earth not?

A better question would be, does Gary Waddock want to manage next season if we do get relegated? I hope the answer is yes.

But in the end of course the BOD will decide one way or the other, not keyboard warriors.

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am
leewillzy wrote:

Why and earth not?

A better question would be, does Gary Waddock want to manage next season if we do get relegated? I hope the answer is yes.

But in the end of course the BOD will decide one way or the other, not keyboard warriors.
Have you really just posted that?!

Given how bad this season has been with mostly poor signings and an awful run of 2 wins in however many games etc I’m more interested to know why you hope GW stays?

So all those who would like to see a change of manager are just ‘keyboard warriors’?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 am

'Because he will win conf south. T.I.G'

If any of you think you'll win Conf South easily next year then think again. This year its tough, but its about to get tougher. There are some clubs there with good money already and some waiting to come up. Dorking Wanderers are splashing 3G money on getting up and their chairman has already stated the football league is their aim. Dulwihc are getting 2500+ most weeks and that produces a lot of money, they will be strong next year

Add in the clubs coming down with you **(more of that next) like Maidstone and maybe Havant & W and factor in the sides not going up via the play offs and then we'll see the strongest Conf South ever next season. Some of the habitual play off sides might not get anywhere near it. If we don't go up then I'll happily take 7th next season

** Your impending relegation is as avoidable as ours last season. How Waddock is still employed is a mystery and is the biggest question your board has to answer (ours didn't and wouldn't answer the same about Limbrick). Your horrific run has gone on 10 games too long and Azeem is weak, he should have acted and removed GW to give you a chance, Waddock is broken and looks as though he would rather be elsewhere

The biggest decision remains full time v part time. If you stay full time you'll continue to attract the worst full time players out there , if you go part time then you'll be in the market for the best part time players (often better). Don't be fooled by Torquay being full time, they have used the Bristol City connection to its max and have some superb loans from them for the whole season.

Anyway, as I said, whats going on with you should have been avoided and you have massive decisions ahead. The Azeem/Waddock partnership needs dissolving but SA needs to remain in the public eye to keep his business profile going

Morrissey's Scorcher

Post by Morrissey's Scorcher » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 am

^^^ Brilliant post.

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 am

Morrissey's Scorcher wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 am
^^^ Brilliant post.
Looks like it, eh, so far.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 am
leewillzy wrote:

Why and earth not?

Of course GW wants to manage us next season - let's face it he won't get another job for a while in management after this season's car crash.

Yes the BOD make the decisions but fan power and massively dropped crowds will ring home with them to have to make changes.

As Kingfielder messaged GW looks a beaten man and taken too many blows - Shahid should do the decent thing and throw the towel over the top rope!

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:51 am

There are decent managers in Conf South and you'll need one who knows the division well which is why we went for Alan Dowson. You will need Conf South players too, not teenage tattooed 'ballers' which seem to think you are doing you a favour just by being on the payroll.

Think Stringer at Chelmsford, Dean Brennan (ex Hemel), Jerry Gill at Bath and you won't go far wrong. We've won 22 out of 34, when can we last say that happened ?. The quality of football will suffer, not too many pretty sides out there, even we've become hard to beat and on Tuesday hard to watch, but we won so everyone went home happy

Dowson was asked if we went up would we go full time, he said no, so even if we did we'd yoyo forever. I'd take 3 years in the south if I knew we'd be going up in that time, however it may be this is our best chance for a long time.

Of course all this is assuming you don't win 5/6 games before the end of April

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 am
'Because he will win conf south. T.I.G'

If any of you think you'll win Conf South easily next year then think again. This year its tough, but its about to get tougher. There are some clubs there with good money already and some waiting to come up. Dorking Wanderers are splashing 3G money on getting up and their chairman has already stated the football league is their aim. Dulwihc are getting 2500+ most weeks and that produces a lot of money, they will be strong next year

Add in the clubs coming down with you **(more of that next) like Maidstone and maybe Havant & W and factor in the sides not going up via the play offs and then we'll see the strongest Conf South ever next season. Some of the habitual play off sides might not get anywhere near it. If we don't go up then I'll happily take 7th next season

** Your impending relegation is as avoidable as ours last season. How Waddock is still employed is a mystery and is the biggest question your board has to answer (ours didn't and wouldn't answer the same about Limbrick). Your horrific run has gone on 10 games too long and Azeem is weak, he should have acted and removed GW to give you a chance, Waddock is broken and looks as though he would rather be elsewhere

The biggest decision remains full time v part time. If you stay full time you'll continue to attract the worst full time players out there , if you go part time then you'll be in the market for the best part time players (often better). Don't be fooled by Torquay being full time, they have used the Bristol City connection to its max and have some superb loans from them for the whole season.

Anyway, as I said, whats going on with you should have been avoided and you have massive decisions ahead. The Azeem/Waddock partnership needs dissolving but SA needs to remain in the public eye to keep his business profile going
I think the final paragraph speaks volumes!

Shot through (& throu

Post by Shot through (& throu » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Perhaps we'll approach Dowson - after all we're a much bigger club :wink:

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:51 pm

You wont be the biggest club in conf south

Maidstone & Dulwich will get bigger gates and Dorking will have more money. Think about that. DORKING will have more money to spend than you. DORKING ffs

Its the same for us as its going to be for you, steadily pushed down by cash spunking basket cases and ex league clubs packing a £750,000 sweetener for being rubbish