Tommy Anderson tweet

GWRBA
Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by GWRBA » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Public letter from Tommy to the Chairman, published on his Twitter account this evening

Basically continues the criticism of his previous statement, and accuses the Club / Chairman of not paying invoices on time, then asks for a meeting about the Trust taking over the Club.

https://twitter.com/TommyAnderson94/with_replies

ians
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ians » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 pm

GWRBA wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 pm
Public letter from Tommy to the Chairman, published on his Twitter account this evening

Basically continues the criticism of his previous statement, and accuses the Club / Chairman of not paying invoices on time, then asks for a meeting about the Trust taking over the Club.

Ludicrous email demanding to meet Shahid to discuss moving the club to a “supporter run and legally controlled club”.

No explanation as to how he intends to find the one million plus to buy everyone out! :?

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:51 pm

ians wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 pm
GWRBA wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Ludicrous email demanding to meet Shahid to discuss moving the club to a “supporter run and legally controlled club”.

No explanation as to how he intends to find the one million plus to buy everyone out! :?
Why is it ludicrous? Clearly there are things not right at the club that WE the fans need to know. I'm sure Tommy would not be stating about the Trust taking over the Club as it were without the knowledge and back up of those people who can make it happen.

I applaud this from Tommy/The Trust!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:06 pm

Couldn’t make head nor tail of that. Must be because I’m not a Twitter member.

ACA

Post by ACA » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:12 pm

From what I've read, I'm surprised it's being described as a "statement". It's a very angry email, sent in the heat of the moment. It reads like some of the posts on this message board - little more than a rant and I'm not sure what it achieves. Of course, those who want rid of the Board will say how brilliant it is; the rest of us will be left scratching our heads. If the Trust wanted to put out a statement, why not produce a public document that everyone can easily read? Why cobble together a few screenshots from what would otherwise have been a private email, on behalf of the Trust, to the Chairman? Frankly, it seems amateurish.

ians

Post by ians » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:14 pm

ACA wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:12 pm
From what I've read, I'm surprised it's being described as a "statement". It's a very angry email, sent in the heat of the moment. It reads like some of the posts on this message board - little more than a rant and I'm not sure what it achieves. Of course, those who want rid of the Board will say how brilliant it is; the rest of us will be left scratching our heads. If the Trust wanted to put out a statement, why not produce a public document that everyone can easily read? Why cobble together a few screenshots from what would otherwise have been a private email, on behalf of the Trust, to the Chairman? Frankly, it seems amateurish.

Exactly! What is the Trust, a dictatorship it would seem? Glad I left three years back......

shotsfantic

Post by shotsfantic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 pm

whatever anyone says I think the facts speak for themselves, the cub is in decline !

ians

Post by ians » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:19 pm

ACA wrote:

Exactly! What is the Trust, a dictatorship it would seem? Glad I left three years back......

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 pm

I hate to say this but it’s Shahid and the Board’s money and it’s their toy to play with. I imagine everything Tommy has said (once you decipher it) is wholly or at least partially correct, but unless the Trust has the readies to take over what do they expect our esteemed Chairman to do? I think we all want a revolution in the way the club is run, Shahid has preached sustainable economics but it feels like that’s become a smokescreen. I sense that until someone comes in with a viable takeover bid, all we can do is encourage/protest and hope that those with influence can drive change.

One things for sure, I wouldn’t trust the club to run the club either.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:23 pm

From what others have said it sounds like it's not worth making the effort to try to read this rant.

Quietobserver

Post by Quietobserver » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:35 am

I agree with a lot of the comments about how unless someone has the money to buy the club, what can be done. I have to say though, if true, the comments regarding the club not keeping up it's responsibilities regarding the housing association, that's pretty poor.

Id be interested to hear Abee's and Brians and Richards thoughts and opinions on that.

BillB

Post by BillB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:00 am

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, bloody typical.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:08 am

ACA wrote:
Agreed.

The criticism of the Board for not acting sooner with GW also rings hollow - hindsight is a wonderful thing and it is very easy to look back and say xyz should have been done (especially when you are no longer part of the body that is responsible for making those calls)

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:40 am

PUT UP OR SHUT UP HOWS YOUR TEAM POMPEY DOING. SOUR GRAPES IN THE EXTREME.
Do you have the money to run the club no I thought not.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 am

As mentioned, to stick together a few screenshots is embarrassing - not professional whatsoever!

As much as I didn't even read it, and if this is how Tommy conducts his business then we are better off without him on the board.

The BOD have openly admitted mistakes but the Trust kicking off that bills weren't paid on time is laughable. Its life and sometimes cash flow doesn't allow it added to the fact in general loss in revenue that can't be predicted.

Credit to Shahid for finding investors to bail us out (god knows why you would invest in Aldershot). Added to the new stadium plans that have taken a step forward with the council recently as well.

They gave GW more money than really they should have to compete for the playoffs yet still get lambasted.

Without doubt their biggest mistake is not removing GW months ago and being too loyal but have trusted someone who is supposed to know what he was doing.