Tommy Anderson tweet

Post Reply
TopShot
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:32 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by TopShot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:51 am

I understand why Tommy thought it was right to share this as he probably wanted to vent his spleen like the rest of us after a pathetic season, however as a former board member and the focal person for those in the trust it was poorly judged hence the removal.

Since the trust left there board there has been very little mentioned about it (other than a comment in the program the following week saying that there would be meetings to try and sort the situation - that i am aware of) and maybe he thought that it may all be brushed under the carpet and forgotten.

I have seen a tweet yesterday that a meeting was held between him/trust and a director.

Although maybe a mistake for presenting this for everyone to see I cannot understand why there are no comments from board level to defuse the situation.

As professionals I assume they do not want a very public fight, however i would have expected something to stop this escalating further, maybe this will be another program interview?

tonygodfrey
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:28 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by tonygodfrey » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 am

The club has far more pressing issues than all this nonsense

LewATFC
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:50 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by LewATFC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am

Jim, I can agree with a lot of what you are saying. Waddock is in no way absolved from blame for this season. Quality of players, playing style and so on all have contributed to this too, no doubt. It's been dire since we blew the game against Macclesfield, how much that loss has affected everyone mentally I do not know. Prior to that there were no qualms over Waddock as a manager but I'm also of the belief that one year in however many doesn't necessarily make you a poor manager all of a sudden.

My view on the BoD and Shahid is in no way born from just a few posts on here either. It is from people in and around this club, and others. People who know him and have dealt with him. I don't think many, if any, would have managed two playoff seasons under the current set-up. You can put anyone in charge, Waddock or someone new, but that isn't going to change the mess upstairs.

10 years today this club returned to the Football League after a 16-year absence. All that hard work undone by weak, aimless leadership. The wool isn't over everyone's eyes.

WTF
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by WTF » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

LewATFC wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am
Jim, I can agree with a lot of what you are saying. Waddock is in no way absolved from blame for this season. Quality of players, playing style and so on all have contributed to this too, no doubt. It's been dire since we blew the game against Macclesfield, how much that loss has affected everyone mentally I do not know. Prior to that there were no qualms over Waddock as a manager but I'm also of the belief that one year in however many doesn't necessarily make you a poor manager all of a sudden.

My view on the BoD and Shahid is in no way born from just a few posts on here either. It is from people in and around this club, and others. People who know him and have dealt with him. I don't think many, if any, would have managed two playoff seasons under the current set-up. You can put anyone in charge, Waddock or someone new, but that isn't going to change the mess upstairs.

10 years today this club returned to the Football League after a 16-year absence. All that hard work undone by weak, aimless leadership. The wool isn't over everyone's eyes.
I totally agree with you Lew, what troubles me is that other see it all as GW's problem when as you say its the mess upstairs regardless of who is manager. Every business needs a strong leader and that is either the Chairman or CEO......

Tongham Shots
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Tongham Shots » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm

WTF wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am
LewATFC wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am
Jim, I can agree with a lot of what you are saying. Waddock is in no way absolved from blame for this season. Quality of players, playing style and so on all have contributed to this too, no doubt. It's been dire since we blew the game against Macclesfield, how much that loss has affected everyone mentally I do not know. Prior to that there were no qualms over Waddock as a manager but I'm also of the belief that one year in however many doesn't necessarily make you a poor manager all of a sudden.

My view on the BoD and Shahid is in no way born from just a few posts on here either. It is from people in and around this club, and others. People who know him and have dealt with him. I don't think many, if any, would have managed two playoff seasons under the current set-up. You can put anyone in charge, Waddock or someone new, but that isn't going to change the mess upstairs.

10 years today this club returned to the Football League after a 16-year absence. All that hard work undone by weak, aimless leadership. The wool isn't over everyone's eyes.
I totally agree with you Lew, what troubles me is that other see it all as GW's problem when as you say its the mess upstairs regardless of who is manager. Every business needs a strong leader and that is either the Chairman or CEO......
Also agree, another excellent post, Lew.

Birdman
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Birdman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Is ‘our’ Tommy Anderson the same as the ‘Tommy James Anderson’ who’s a candidate in the Rowhill ward in the upcoming local elections?

https://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/article/11435/Candidates

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Disturbed Postie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 pm

LewATFC wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am
Jim, I can agree with a lot of what you are saying. Waddock is in no way absolved from blame for this season. Quality of players, playing style and so on all have contributed to this too, no doubt. It's been dire since we blew the game against Macclesfield, how much that loss has affected everyone mentally I do not know. Prior to that there were no qualms over Waddock as a manager but I'm also of the belief that one year in however many doesn't necessarily make you a poor manager all of a sudden.

My view on the BoD and Shahid is in no way born from just a few posts on here either. It is from people in and around this club, and others. People who know him and have dealt with him. I don't think many, if any, would have managed two playoff seasons under the current set-up. You can put anyone in charge, Waddock or someone new, but that isn't going to change the mess upstairs.

10 years today this club returned to the Football League after a 16-year absence. All that hard work undone by weak, aimless leadership. The wool isn't over everyone's eyes.
11 years ago

Richard Petty
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm
Is ‘our’ Tommy Anderson the same as the ‘Tommy James Anderson’ who’s a candidate in the Rowhill ward in the upcoming local elections?

https://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/article/11435/Candidates
It is indeed the very same Tommy Anderson, The UKIP candidate for Rowhill Ward.

http://www.ukip-rushmoor.org.uk/candidates.html

Someone mentioned it to me a little earlier wondering if it was him and I checked online when I got home. If getting into politics then a little more composure over the use of social media would probably be a good idea. I had put the deleted tweet from Saturday down to understandable raw emotion at the time perhaps encouraged by a little bit of over indulgence of the Amber Nectar but one does have to wonder if perhaps there was a little bit of misguided electioneering going on by creating the "Man of the People", "Fighter of causes" impression. Very wise to have deleted it as I don't think it would have done anything to inspire confidence and encourage votes come May the 2nd.

WTF
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by WTF » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm
Birdman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm
Is ‘our’ Tommy Anderson the same as the ‘Tommy James Anderson’ who’s a candidate in the Rowhill ward in the upcoming local elections?

https://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/article/11435/Candidates
It is indeed the very same Tommy Anderson, The UKIP candidate for Rowhill Ward.

http://www.ukip-rushmoor.org.uk/candidates.html

Someone mentioned it to me a little earlier wondering if it was him and I checked online when I got home. If getting into politics then a little more composure over the use of social media would probably be a good idea. I had put the deleted tweet from Saturday down to understandable raw emotion at the time perhaps encouraged by a little bit of over indulgence of the Amber Nectar but one does have to wonder if perhaps there was a little bit of misguided electioneering going on by creating the "Man of the People", "Fighter of causes" impression. Very wise to have deleted it as I don't think it would have done anything to inspire confidence and encourage votes come May the 2nd.
Good luck to him. Isnt it good to have someone on the "inside" as it were on the Council?

Quietobserver
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Quietobserver » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Whilst I can understand people's concerns surrounding these tweets, I'm surprised no-one has been critical of the board regarding Tommys allegations that the club not only didn't pay the housing association the money it owed them, but didn't even bother replying to correspondence regarding the issue.

WTF
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by WTF » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Quietobserver wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 pm
Whilst I can understand people's concerns surrounding these tweets, I'm surprised no-one has been critical of the board regarding Tommys allegations that the club not only didn't pay the housing association the money it owed them, but didn't even bother replying to correspondence regarding the issue.
I totally agree with you, Tommy is a total supporter of the Club and deserves to be able to say what he needs to say. He is not someone who has come in from the outside as it were.

Richard Petty
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:02 pm

WTF wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:18 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:00 pm
Birdman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm
Is ‘our’ Tommy Anderson the same as the ‘Tommy James Anderson’ who’s a candidate in the Rowhill ward in the upcoming local elections?

https://www.rushmoor.gov.uk/article/11435/Candidates
It is indeed the very same Tommy Anderson, The UKIP candidate for Rowhill Ward.

http://www.ukip-rushmoor.org.uk/candidates.html

Someone mentioned it to me a little earlier wondering if it was him and I checked online when I got home. If getting into politics then a little more composure over the use of social media would probably be a good idea. I had put the deleted tweet from Saturday down to understandable raw emotion at the time perhaps encouraged by a little bit of over indulgence of the Amber Nectar but one does have to wonder if perhaps there was a little bit of misguided electioneering going on by creating the "Man of the People", "Fighter of causes" impression. Very wise to have deleted it as I don't think it would have done anything to inspire confidence and encourage votes come May the 2nd.
Good luck to him. Isnt it good to have someone on the "inside" as it were on the Council?
I can see your thought process WTF but in this particular case I am not sure someone "On the inside" would be helpful.

The relationship between the council and the club is at the moment the best it has ever been and the council have made it very clear publicly that the strength of the relationship is because they have faith in the current board and the chairman and want to work more and more closely with the club as it is being run now to help the club and encourage its role in the community. This faith has for example seen the 119 year lease come to fruition which if you had asked me a few years ago if we could achieve getting that I would have said no they would never grant it.

The problem of having someone on the inside in this particular case is that whilst he is fully entitled to his opinions Tommy has been very public with his personal dislike of the chairman, his lack of faith in the board and his criticisms of the way the business operates. To me that would not be conducive to maintaining the excellent relationship with the council as those criticisms could influence people who may choose to give credence to his claims. Even if they didn't if he became someone of influence within the council then he would be faced with a conflict of interest because to support the club would be to support the board that he wants to bring down. Unfortunately for Tommy because he has been so public with his criticisms he can only maintain his credibility if the club fails so being on the council and supporting the board to help them succeed would in effect undermine his own stated position.

Let me be clear Tommy is entitled to his opinion whether he is right or wrong, I am not criticising his chosen position just suggesting that under the circumstances it wouldn't be helpful to us to have him on the council.

HackJowarth
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 pm
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by HackJowarth » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:06 pm

WTF wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 pm
Quietobserver wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 pm
Whilst I can understand people's concerns surrounding these tweets, I'm surprised no-one has been critical of the board regarding Tommys allegations that the club not only didn't pay the housing association the money it owed them, but didn't even bother replying to correspondence regarding the issue.
I totally agree with you, Tommy is a total supporter of the Club and deserves to be able to say what he needs to say. He is not someone who has come in from the outside as it were.
Unlike the vast majority of The Board.

IF bills are not being paid/contracts honoured by ATFC, I repeat if, this is very worrying. However, Tommy's communication thingy gives them an equal platform to respond/put the record straight. If there is good reason this has not been paid, again, they can respond. Tommy's heart is 100% in the right place for all matters ATFC for sure!

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Jim, I can agree with a lot of what you are saying. Waddock is in no way absolved from blame for this season. Quality of players, playing style and so on all have contributed to this too, no doubt. It's been dire since we blew the game against Macclesfield, how much that loss has affected everyone mentally I do not know. Prior to that there were no qualms over Waddock as a manager but I'm also of the belief that one year in however many doesn't necessarily make you a poor manager all of a sudden.

My view on the BoD and Shahid is in no way born from just a few posts on here either. It is from people in and around this club, and others. People who know him and have dealt with him. I don't think many, if any, would have managed two playoff seasons under the current set-up. You can put anyone in charge, Waddock or someone new, but that isn't going to change the mess upstairs.

10 years today this club returned to the Football League after a 16-year absence. All that hard work undone by weak, aimless leadership. The wool isn't over everyone's eyes.
You are entitled to your view, nothing I'm going to say will change it. I do not know Tommy Anderson, he has obvious issues with the BOD/Shahid. And if his accusations are true on certain issues then I'm sure at some stage they will come to light. But like in court one persons view does not prove guilt and at least the accused has a chance to reply. It also seems strange to me when open Tweets are suddenly removed, but that maybe me just being suspicious.

The situation of blame at our Club is so much like Brexit, which side of the fence you sit is the one that is the "truth" of the situation. I hope my view on things is just a bit more balanced ..... using my own eyes and ears on things rather listening too much to those of others. .... I hope !!

ACA
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 am
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by ACA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Again, it comes back to my earlier post - what is the club responding to? The allegations have been deleted, the statement effectively retracted. We are told regularly on this forum never to believe anything the club says; that if you take anything at face value then you're foolish or easily persuaded. Why should we treat a statement made by the Trust chairman any differently? Why assume any of it had any basis in fact, when the same has been deleted/retracted? The fact that he is a fan, his heart is the right place, or whatever, has nothing to do with it. The fact that the content of the message was critical of the club should not lend it legitimacy.

Dr Royle is not alone in finding it suspicious when someone makes a big show of posting something on Twitter, only to delete it later without explanation and try to carry on like nothing happened. The club would be castigated on here if they did something similar.


Post Reply