Tommy Anderson tweet

Shots1954
Re: Tommy Anderson tweet

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:12 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 pm
I hate to say this but it’s Shahid and the Board’s money and it’s their toy to play with. I imagine everything Tommy has said (once you decipher it) is wholly or at least partially correct, but unless the Trust has the readies to take over what do they expect our esteemed Chairman to do? I think we all want a revolution in the way the club is run, Shahid has preached sustainable economics but it feels like that’s become a smokescreen. I sense that until someone comes in with a viable takeover bid, all we can do is encourage/protest and hope that those with influence can drive change.

One things for sure, I wouldn’t trust the club to run the club either.
No its not their money, the club is owned by shareholders who are far and wide.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 am

[quote=Shots1954 post_id=585809 time=1555233175 user_id=8598]
[quote=chimpster99 post_id=585782 time=1555194054 user_id=995]
I hate to say this but it’s Shahid and the Board’s money and it’s their toy to play with. I imagine everything Tommy has said (once you decipher it) is wholly or at least partially correct, but unless the Trust has the readies to take over what do they expect our esteemed Chairman to do? I think we all want a revolution in the way the club is run, Shahid has preached sustainable economics but it feels like that’s become a smokescreen. I sense that until someone comes in with a viable takeover bid, all we can do is encourage/protest and hope that those with influence can drive change.

One things for sure, I wouldn’t trust the club to run the club either.
[/quote]

No its not their money, the club is owned by shareholders who are far and wide.
[/quote]

Yes ... but under the MoA and AoI of the club, the Board have enough of their own money in there to be the ones in control.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:34 am

I think almost anyone can see that the club is in a poor state, but as I said years ago I don't think Aldershot can sustain a football club above NLS unless the town itself improves. So imo rant and throw your toys out of the pram as much as you like unless you have the cash to take over yourself it will achieve nothing.

LewATFC

Post by LewATFC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 am
As mentioned, to stick together a few screenshots is embarrassing - not professional whatsoever!

As much as I didn't even read it, and if this is how Tommy conducts his business then we are better off without him on the board.

The BOD have openly admitted mistakes but the Trust kicking off that bills weren't paid on time is laughable. Its life and sometimes cash flow doesn't allow it added to the fact in general loss in revenue that can't be predicted.

Credit to Shahid for finding investors to bail us out (god knows why you would invest in Aldershot). Added to the new stadium plans that have taken a step forward with the council recently as well.

They gave GW more money than really they should have to compete for the playoffs yet still get lambasted.

Without doubt their biggest mistake is not removing GW months ago and being too loyal but have trusted someone who is supposed to know what he was doing.
Oliver11, which member of the board or the Azeem family are you related to then? Remove the cotton wool from your puppet eyes.

Azeem is weak. Has shirked away from major decisions all season. And this fake mantra about 'sustainability' - the club is deep in the red - is that sustainable? Having to get a few mates to bail us out all the time - is that sustainable? Not paying invoices ...? Screwing over people with valuable knowledge (abee)..... What a fantastic business model from our 'leader' - weak, lacking ambition and no real plan. It's Conference South football next season!!!

Maybe you will remove your head from his arse and realise what is going on. This club will not get anywhere under the current regime, have said it since he made the decision to appoint that cheap, random Scottish bloke in 2015 and it remains the same today. The back-to-back playoff seasons have simply masked what has been happening upstairs, we should have kicked on from that. That was the foundations being set. A cataclysm of errors which began from the very top has led to where we are today.

Tongham Shots

Post by Tongham Shots » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Very well said Lew, spot on.

Nth stand moaner

Post by Nth stand moaner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:25 pm

IF WADDOCKS BEEN MOANING ABOUT HIS HANDS TIED AND OFF THE PITCH MATTERS THEN RESIGN GARY AND SPILL THE BEANS, YOU MIGHT JUST RETAIN SOME CREDIBILIY THEN.

Tiger131

Post by Tiger131 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Nth stand moaner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:25 pm
IF WADDOCKS BEEN MOANING ABOUT HIS HANDS TIED AND OFF THE PITCH MATTERS THEN RESIGN GARY AND SPILL THE BEANS, YOU MIGHT JUST RETAIN SOME CREDIBILIY THEN.
No need to shout mate !

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm

LewATFC wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 pm
Oliver11 wrote:
As mentioned, to stick together a few screenshots is embarrassing - not professional whatsoever!

As much as I didn't even read it, and if this is how Tommy conducts his business then we are better off without him on the board.

The BOD have openly admitted mistakes but the Trust kicking off that bills weren't paid on time is laughable. Its life and sometimes cash flow doesn't allow it added to the fact in general loss in revenue that can't be predicted.

Credit to Shahid for finding investors to bail us out (god knows why you would invest in Aldershot). Added to the new stadium plans that have taken a step forward with the council recently as well.

They gave GW more money than really they should have to compete for the playoffs yet still get lambasted.

Without doubt their biggest mistake is not removing GW months ago and being too loyal but have trusted someone who is supposed to know what he was doing.
Oliver11, which member of the board or the Azeem family are you related to then? Remove the cotton wool from your puppet eyes.

Azeem is weak. Has shirked away from major decisions all season. And this fake mantra about 'sustainability' - the club is deep in the red - is that sustainable? Having to get a few mates to bail us out all the time - is that sustainable? Not paying invoices ...? Screwing over people with valuable knowledge (abee)..... What a fantastic business model from our 'leader' - weak, lacking ambition and no real plan. It's Conference South football next season!!!

Maybe you will remove your head from his arse and realise what is going on. This club will not get anywhere under the current regime, have said it since he made the decision to appoint that cheap, random Scottish bloke in 2015 and it remains the same today. The back-to-back playoff seasons have simply masked what has been happening upstairs, we should have kicked on from that. That was the foundations being set. A cataclysm of errors which began from the very top has led to where we are today.
Excellent post Lew!

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Well said Lew, I think there are plenty on this site thinking exactly the same thing.
It will be very interesting to see if Oliver responds.
As the saying goes, The truth hurts.

ians

Post by ians » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm
LewATFC wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:33 pm
Oliver11 wrote:

Excellent post Lew!
It’s not really an excellent post, it is a typical social media type post with no answers just the problems
What is your plan?
How would you stop 500 people from disappearing as soon we get a few bad results because they are so weak?
How would you avoid the debts that this creates?
Who would you have got in to cover those financial holes as Shahid has done?
What are the cataclysm of errors?
What should we have done differently?
Not paying invoices, right ok, I can tell the biggest corporates don’t pay their bloody invoices :?

I’m not an apologist for Shahid as I don’t know him but I get how hard it is to run a club at our level, being critical is very easy providing answers not so!

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:39 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:30 pm
Well said Lew, I think there are plenty on this site thinking exactly the same thing.
It will be very interesting to see if Oliver responds.
As the saying goes, The truth hurts.
Ians just said it all :wink:

LewATFC

Post by LewATFC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Of course it is all easier said than done, that's why we are supporters and not at the helm ourselves. Though, it is going to be US that lives with the consequences long-term.

As someone who stopped posting on this a long time ago, yet still visits regularly... it's rather annoying to see such an agenda as Oliver's - 90% of posts are 'Waddock Out' but look how glowing our chairman is. It's all very odd.

I am merely countering that and suggesting if you start to peel away at the problems, they all filter back to the leader of this club. The man in control.. and that's the chairman.

We are led to believe that he wants the club to be sustainable but the facts are there, we simply aren't. Just because we say the word 'Sustainability' over and over doesn't mean it'll magically happen. The financial figures are scary and it's complete mis-management that there are such drastic holes to plug in the first place. It's complete mis-management to restructure the club, including the introduction of a CEO, to only change your mind a few months down the line, costing the club even more money. Why were the finances at Woking "deteriorating steadily" under his stewardship? (http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/ ... ouncement/) Why does this look similar to what's going on here? He's out of his depth as a chairman. He's a good salesman, but not a leader.

The whole ambition/culture/intent of this football club needs to be established and made clear - but with honesty - honesty being the key word.

We're playing regional football next season, have haemorrhaged huge sums of money in consecutive years and the board couldn't be any further from the fanbase if they tried. The issue is far, far deeper than the current management and playing staff (as terrible as they have been). It is no wonder that this season has been such a disaster, from top to bottom.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 pm

He’s now deleted those screenshots.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Hopefully he will re post it properly so the fans can read the statement - presumeimg that's his intension.. Or and put it here- on the fans message board, as he represents the ' fans'...

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:18 pm
Hopefully he will re post it properly so the fans can read the statement - presumeimg that's his intension.. Or and put it here- on the fans message board, as he represents the ' fans'...
He.may represent some fans but he sure doesn't represent me.