Gateshead

ians
Gateshead

Post by ians » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Just seen this on
Twitter

Would like to do this anonymously & I take no pleasure in doing so but can confirm (through people I know) - Gateshead FC (@GatesheadFC) will apply for relegation and club will not be sold. These aren’t football people. The truth will come out. @TheHeedView @GatesheadFCSoul

Someone then replies saying they have heard the same thing :shock:

Gorby
Re: Gateshead

Post by Gorby » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Lots of sackings today as well at the club.

Heedfan

Post by Heedfan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Gateshead fan in peace.
Can confirm this is what is being said at the moment. Our club is in turmoil and it looks as tho us fans will be creating a Phoenix club. If you look at sky news all of our staff have just been sacked a few hours ago. Basically someone who shoudnt be near football has got in charge with his pals and the club has been run into the ground. If there is a club next season it will not be supported under these and it appears the owners will try to move the club to Kingston park (home of Newcastle falcons rugby team). For what purpose remains a mystery as it will generally have no support. We have a man waiting in the wings proven track record-ex rochdale owner chris dunphly but the current lot refuse to sell although publicity stating the club is for sale for 1 pound. Anyways our misfortune will probably be your gain as it appears both us and ebblsfleet may very well bw applying for demotion. Best of luck in the future lads either way.

Trust in Gary

Post by Trust in Gary » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:30 pm

Heedfan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 pm
Gateshead fan in peace.
Can confirm this is what is being said at the moment. Our club is in turmoil and it looks as tho us fans will be creating a Phoenix club. If you look at sky news all of our staff have just been sacked a few hours ago. Basically someone who shoudnt be near football has got in charge with his pals and the club has been run into the ground. If there is a club next season it will not be supported under these and it appears the owners will try to move the club to Kingston park (home of Newcastle falcons rugby team). For what purpose remains a mystery as it will generally have no support. We have a man waiting in the wings proven track record-ex rochdale owner chris dunphly but the current lot refuse to sell although publicity stating the club is for sale for 1 pound. Anyways our misfortune will probably be your gain as it appears both us and ebblsfleet may very well bw applying for demotion. Best of luck in the future lads either way.
I will take no satisfaction taking your place cos of your poor leadership we finished were we did and deserve to be relegated for it.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:45 pm

As I said on the Dodswell thread, let’s wait for official confirmation whichever way it is.

That aside, I’ve just been directed to this :- https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... n-16198547

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 pm

All I’ve seen so far is Steve Gibbs sympathise with a Gateshead press Officer Dominic Scurr who tweeted a GIF as if to say what’s going on?

Whatever is going on there is clearly not good. For the sake of their fans I hope it’s resolved soon.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 pm

Good luck with your future Heedfan.
Neither sets of supporters would have wanted this. If we do stay up because of your sad situation then I hope we can do you proud.
Being a Phoenix club is hard to take but we have had fun doing it. Hope to see you back at some point if it happens.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 pm

Not a way i want to stay up at the demise of another club . All the best to Heed fans.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Don’t really care about Ebbsfleet and would take staying up ahead of them but don’t want to see Gateshead badly struggle!

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Sad to see Gateshead in trouble, but if they go bust will it really do us any good. If things don't change drastically another season in the national league could be worse than the one just gone.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Lazio wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 pm
Sad to see Gateshead in trouble, but if they go bust will it really do us any good. If things don't change drastically another season in the national league could be worse than the one just gone.
One man`s trash is another man`s treasure.

I want us to stay up, but I would not wish this tragedy on Gateshead. If it happens, let`s hope they can make a swift recovery.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:25 pm

I’m not sure reading the piece that there is any mention of them being demoted though.
They are sacking their staff and have an owner that won’t sell up and will still have a transfer issue next season but no mention of going down or bust really.

As much as it would give us a lifeline it’s no way to stay up really.
We never have anything much go our way in situations that we all hope for, so not expecting this to pan out to save us.

Best we take the relegation and get ready for next season. Multiple players saying their goodbyes on Twitface so probably too late anyway.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:48 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:25 pm
Best we take the relegation and get ready for next season. Multiple players saying their goodbyes on Twitface so probably too late anyway.
What’s too late? Offering them new contracts?

Not bothered about most of them leaving! The players I’ve read/seen byes from and my ratings & thoughts...
Bernard 7/10 - improved after Xmas and should get a loan to League 1 or 2 next season.
Booty 3/10 - good riddance. Be amazed if Huddersfield don’t release him.
Elokobi 8/10 - hoping we can re-sign.
Mannion 6/10 - mixed bag. Similar near future to Dom, next season a loan to League 1 or 2 I expect.
McDonagh 1/10 - awful. Worst signing of the season.

Churtshot

Post by Churtshot » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am

My reading of this is it could be a Wimbledon /Milton Keynes situation. New owners taking the "franchise" elsewhere while supporters start up a new/phoenix (depending on perspective) club. If that is the case it may not mean a National League vacancy.

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 am

Churtshot wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am
My reading of this is it could be a Wimbledon /Milton Keynes situation. New owners taking the "franchise" elsewhere while supporters start up a new/phoenix (depending on perspective) club. If that is the case it may not mean a National League vacancy.
I wonder what the National League's position is on franchising. Can't find anything on t'internet,although i found this, which argues against franchising in the football league: https://sportslens.com/football-franchi ... ong/30749/