Gateshead

ians
Re: Gateshead

Post by ians » Wed May 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Hardly over they have no ground to play at! :x

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed May 15, 2019 7:52 pm

I think we need to concentrate on the NLS and flipping quickly.
Let’s get this lesser manager in place and get on with it before all the decent players are snapped up like last season.

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 pm

Lazio wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:24 am
I might be unpopular for saying this but I think a reprieve will do more harm than good, at the moment we need to rebuild from a position that is realistic and we are only going to have another season of struggle if we are in the NL. It would be fairer if someone drops out of the NL that an extra team from NLS or NLN is promoted.
Not as unpopular as you will be if LAZIO lose tonight, can you get them to stop fouling and start scoring

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 pm
Lazio wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:24 am
I might be unpopular for saying this but I think a reprieve will do more harm than good, at the moment we need to rebuild from a position that is realistic and we are only going to have another season of struggle if we are in the NL. It would be fairer if someone drops out of the NL that an extra team from NLS or NLN is promoted.
Not as unpopular as you will be if LAZIO lose tonight, can you get them to stop fouling and start scoring
Thank you LAZIO your popular with me now a 2-0 win and my season ticket almost paid for, for next season as they were in my treble with ST MIRREN and DUNDEE UTD over the last two nights.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Wed May 15, 2019 10:10 pm

From what I’ve seen my understanding is that Both Gateshead and Ebbsfleet were in court today facing winding-up orders.

Gateshead I believe have paid their tax bill but still haven’t paid staff what they are owed so are just about alive for now.

Ebbsfleet’s case has been adjourned.

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

More fun and games at Gateshead. The new directors have gone:

https://twitter.com/MarkCarruthers_/sta ... 2436399104

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm

scorp wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm
More fun and games at Gateshead. The new directors have gone:

https://twitter.com/MarkCarruthers_/sta ... 2436399104
My word, less than 3 weeks as Directors. Not exactly a stable ship, is it?

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Thu May 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Expect further news very soon.....both directors jumping ship before the business is liquidated ?

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:01 pm
Expect further news very soon.....both directors jumping ship before the business is liquidated ?
More info as of this afternoon. Sounding precarious... https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... s-16286904 Ignore the totally irrelevant video that's ready to play.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 pm

I would like to think the NL are keeping a close eye on this, but I would also like to think that there will come a time when they will say enough is enough & step in a make a decision themselves.

It's not a nice read having to see what their fans are going through.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm

I’ve heard a rumour on the inter web that National league have given Gateshead until tomorrow to show that they have finances to see them through next season.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm
I’ve heard a rumour on the inter web that National league have given Gateshead until tomorrow to show that they have finances to see them through next season.
Or else? Notts County or concord rangers?

Ian Rust

Post by Ian Rust » Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 pm

The new Directors have obviously left because the existing Directors (Cala & Varghese) have broken an agreement to settle all of the clubs immediate debts (HMRC, Ground Rent & Staff Wages) forthwith. This agreement would obviously have been in return for the new Directors pledging investment to reduce the overall debt (other non-football related creditors) over a number of years.

In the event all that Cala & Varghese have come up with is the HMRC money, which keeps the company trading in the short term (ie, until other creditors winding up petitions are issued/heard) whilst it still has National League status - ie. still a potential sale proposition.

These are clearly Cala & Varghese's last desperate gasps for life in their quest to find a buyer and recoup some of their capital. This looks a real long shot now, as given the now exposed desperation of their situation, the National League will surely imininently terminate their NL membership.

ExileJohn

Post by ExileJohn » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

Ian Rust wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 pm
The new Directors have obviously left because the existing Directors (Cala & Varghese) have broken an agreement to settle all of the clubs immediate debts (HMRC, Ground Rent & Staff Wages) forthwith. This agreement would obviously have been in return for the new Directors pledging investment to reduce the overall debt (other non-football related creditors) over a number of years.

In the event all that Cala & Varghese have come up with is the HMRC money, which keeps the company trading in the short term (ie, until other creditors winding up petitions are issued/heard) whilst it still has National League status - ie. still a potential sale proposition.

These are clearly Cala & Varghese's last desperate gasps for life in their quest to find a buyer and recoup some of their capital. This looks a real long shot now, as given the now exposed desperation of their situation, the National League will surely imininently terminate their NL membership.
Joseph Cala is not a Company director he is the "Chief Financial Advisor"

scorp

Post by scorp » Fri May 17, 2019 10:53 am

ExileJohn wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am
Ian Rust wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Joseph Cala is not a Company director he is the "Chief Financial Advisor"
Yep, and he's under investigation. Update: the club - what's left of it - is supposed to be telling the NL, today, where the team [what team? - a team of youngsters] will be playing next season. That's at http://heedarmy.freeforums.net/thread/9 ... al?page=29

Will the club will be snapped up for a five figure sum...