Gateshead

GatesheadFan
Gateshead

Post by GatesheadFan » Thu May 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Evening all - Gateshead fan here in peace. You've probably seen that our club has had it's heart ripped out by Mr Varghese and Mr Cala, and is currently nothing more than a piece of paper with a name next to it.

Our Supporters Association, The Gateshead Soul, have proposed the formation of a new club, although to do that we're fundraising as much as we can, hopefully with some help from the footballing community. Please find below some background information along with a donation link, and please help the Heed!

MANY THANKS!

https://www.gofundme.com/save-football-in-gateshead

"Gateshead Soul Supporters Association needs your help to save football in Gateshead.

Our club, Gateshead FC, has been completely decimated by a spiteful and morally bankrupt group of charlatans following the end of the 2018/19 season. The current situation at 'Gateshead Football Club' is nothing short of abysmal and a complete insult to the borough of Gateshead which has had a football club proudly representing it for almost 80 years. Following the sacking of all staff members via email, the Gateshead Football Club we used to know is no more.

Countless lies have been told over the course of the season as the 89-year tenure of a football club under the Gateshead name playing in Gateshead is set to come to a shameful end. And with no players, staff or home - it's heartbreaking to admit that the evil which somehow got its clutches onto our once proud football club has well and truly killed it. 'Gateshead Football Club' is now nothing more than a name owned by some charlatans who seem perfectly content destroying it with no sense of remorse or decency. It is beyond saving and we cannot afford to wait any longer for the FA to act.

As previously mentioned, our only option as a committee of fans that will ensure football survives in Gateshead under the Gateshead name is to form a new club together. Establishing a new club would be a real project that we want everyone to be part of. New clubs will be considered for step 7 in the non-league pyramid, but can get special dispensation to achieve as high as step 5. We would look to have a competitive budget which can be achieved through various income streams the most important of which will be this Go Fund Me page. This will help provide a solid foundation and starting point to allow a new club to hit the ground running for the 2019/20 season. We will need as many backers as possible but the end result could be something truly special. We will have a club to support, one that we can be proud of on and off the pitch."

*MERGED*

WozzaSHOT
Re: Gateshead

Post by WozzaSHOT » Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:56 pm
WozzaSHOT wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:12 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:59 pm

There are many clubs who only have 44 week contracts because we are certainly not alone in having to manage a very tight cash flow during the close season but in terms of how it affects players signing I would say it has very little effect. For a player its the total amount of money that they will earn over the year that matters not how its paid (unless they are very poor at managing their finances). If a player wants to earn £40,000 this financial year then he simply negotiates a weekly wage of £769.23 on a 52 week contract or £909.09 on a 44 week contract, its the total earnt that matters not how its paid.
To be honest I don't get this cashflow argument - In a real business where you quote for some work, do it and then get paid of course but football is the reverse. A big chunk of all our income arrives in advance [Season tickets, sponsorship etc] and our costs of stewarding etc come after the income [gate receipts]. Why not simply pay £769.22 until the end of July and keep the player on the payroll and interested in the club...
So which players out of this seasons squad would you want to keep paying until the end of July in the hope that they’d stay interested in the club? McDonagh, McClure, Gallagher, Howell, Rendell, Rowe, Lelan, McCoy, Goddard, because that basically is what you are saying?
For me, I would rather that players contracts expired as reasonably soon as possible after the season’s over. That would then allow for ‘new’ money (ST, sponsorship etc) to be available for signing new players for the coming season. Those current players who want to stay and that the manager wants to keep will already be “interested in the club”.
None I was making the point that the economic argument was bullshit... of this squad I’d bin the lot..

But I also believe we lost a spine of a squad - not more that 4~5 players - each season because we couldn’t offer half of them 2 year deals. Richard made a financial case that I believe has little merit.. others agree with me.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri May 03, 2019 7:54 am

WozzaSHOT wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm
Birdman wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:56 pm
WozzaSHOT wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:12 pm

To be honest I don't get this cashflow argument - In a real business where you quote for some work, do it and then get paid of course but football is the reverse. A big chunk of all our income arrives in advance [Season tickets, sponsorship etc] and our costs of stewarding etc come after the income [gate receipts]. Why not simply pay £769.22 until the end of July and keep the player on the payroll and interested in the club...
So which players out of this seasons squad would you want to keep paying until the end of July in the hope that they’d stay interested in the club? McDonagh, McClure, Gallagher, Howell, Rendell, Rowe, Lelan, McCoy, Goddard, because that basically is what you are saying?
For me, I would rather that players contracts expired as reasonably soon as possible after the season’s over. That would then allow for ‘new’ money (ST, sponsorship etc) to be available for signing new players for the coming season. Those current players who want to stay and that the manager wants to keep will already be “interested in the club”.
None I was making the point that the economic argument was bullshit... of this squad I’d bin the lot..

But I also believe we lost a spine of a squad - not more that 4~5 players - each season because we couldn’t offer half of them 2 year deals. Richard made a financial case that I believe has little merit.. others agree with me.
With respect, Wozza, I’ll take the experience, understanding and insight of close season finances from former Club General Manager, Richard Petty over your belief and crude description of same.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Fri May 03, 2019 8:13 am

Gateshead lost 800k last season and had to be shored up by £1,100,000 of new share issue for debt consolidation. It will be very interesting to see what if any are the losses for this year. The word sustainability is hawked about the lower echelons of football, every minute of every day, sometimes a club has to change direction in order to become financially viable.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Fri May 03, 2019 6:02 pm

http://www.gfcsoul.co.uk/2019/05/gatesh ... interview/

Gateshead’s owner was on BBC Newcastle this morning and seems to be in the mindset that Gateshead will be in the National League next season. Gateshead Soul have responded to all his answers stating they are lies.
Not really sure how Gateshead are debt free according to their owner.

This saga is going to drag out for a while I feel.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat May 04, 2019 11:14 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Gateshead’s owner was on BBC Newcastle this morning and seems to be in the mindset that Gateshead will be in the National League next season. Gateshead Soul have responded to all his answers stating they are lies.

Sounds like he is going to set up a new BOD, a new manager and a new team and play in the National League.
We should and are by the looks preparing to go down and get on with it.

Melbourne Red

Post by Melbourne Red » Sat May 04, 2019 11:40 am

I think the main thing with Gateshead is whether the conference will accept them. They’ve been kicked out of their ground, so will they be able to find somewhere else to play that is conference standard? They’ll also have to pay a bond, which I think is about 150-200K. The owners were intending to use this to pay the unpaid wages of recent months, so will they have the cash to pay the bond for next season? My reading is that the owners won’t volunteer for relegation, but will accept it, if forced on them by the conference.

One of my mates is a Dulwich season ticket holder and for what it’s worth their fans don’t think we’ll be playing them next season (which they’re a bit disappointed about).

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:14 am
aldershot-jg wrote:

Sounds like he is going to set up a new BOD, a new manager and a new team and play in the National League.
Gateshead might end up with two teams. The owner of the existing club may not have a ground in Gateshead for any new team to play at. The new "Soul" club might be allowed to play at the stadium [that the existing club might be barred from] but in a lower league.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 pm

scorp wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:30 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:

Gateshead might end up with two teams. The owner of the existing club may not have a ground in Gateshead for any new team to play at. The new "Soul" club might be allowed to play at the stadium [that the existing club might be barred from] but in a lower league.
Wish they’d bloody well hurry up

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 pm
scorp wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

I want to see ATFC v Notts County. For that, the dice needs to fall a certain way...

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 pm

scorp wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
scorp wrote:

I want to see ATFC v Notts County. For that, the dice needs to fall a certain way...
Indeed, weekend in Nottingham has promise!

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 pm
scorp wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:

Yes. A lorra pubs. Hang on, wrong accent ;)

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat May 04, 2019 7:35 pm

scorp wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:31 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
scorp wrote:

Yes, cilla

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:35 pm
scorp wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:31 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:

Yes, cilla
:wink:

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 pm

At what stage does the National League decide Gateshead is a mega basket case? https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... -1-9757050