Gateshead

Post Reply
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 pm

scorp wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 pm
At what stage does the National League decide Gateshead is a mega basket case? https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... -1-9757050
At an AGM in June apparently.
Too late for us and the new manager to properly prepare for next season.
Total shambles.

scorp
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Gateshead

Post by scorp » Wed May 08, 2019 11:34 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 pm
scorp wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 pm
At what stage does the National League decide Gateshead is a mega basket case? https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... -1-9757050
At an AGM in June apparently.
Too late for us and the new manager to properly prepare for next season.
Total shambles.
Let's hope our chairman knows more than we do. i understand he's a member of the National League Board...

Birdman
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Gateshead

Post by Birdman » Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm

scorp wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:34 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 pm
scorp wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:23 pm
At what stage does the National League decide Gateshead is a mega basket case? https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... -1-9757050
At an AGM in June apparently.
Too late for us and the new manager to properly prepare for next season.
Total shambles.
Let's hope our chairman knows more than we do. i understand he's a member of the National League Board...
He is, but I’d imagine that as an ‘interested and involved party’ he’d have to ‘leave the room’ when the NLB discuss/debate the Gateshead situation.

HarryTom
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by HarryTom » Thu May 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm
scorp wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:34 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 pm


At an AGM in June apparently.
Too late for us and the new manager to properly prepare for next season.
Total shambles.
Let's hope our chairman knows more than we do. i understand he's a member of the National League Board...
He is, but I’d imagine that as an ‘interested and involved party’ he’d have to ‘leave the room’ when the NLB discuss/debate the Gateshead situation.
Oh !! all this cloak and dagger stuff, it's not MI5 or any other security department, it's the bloody NLB. No reason he can't stay, but i guess will not be able to vote, if there is one.

Ancient Shot
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm


He is, but I’d imagine that as an ‘interested and involved party’ he’d have to ‘leave the room’ when the NLB discuss/debate the Gateshead situation.
They didn't make the FGR bloke leave the room when they won the AGM cup 3 years running

Richard Petty
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Gateshead

Post by Richard Petty » Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm


He is, but I’d imagine that as an ‘interested and involved party’ he’d have to ‘leave the room’ when the NLB discuss/debate the Gateshead situation.
They didn't make the FGR bloke leave the room when they won the AGM cup 3 years running
I cant imagine he was allowed to vote though Ancient.

This is cut and pasted from a post that I just made on another thread but is probably more relevant on this one

"My final footnote to this is criticism of the National League, the uncertainty over Gateshead should not be allowed to continue until the AGM in June, it should be settled at an EGM called now and unless Gateshead can provide evidence that they have all their staff paid, suitable ground contracted until the end of next season, a proper board of directors with a balanced budget and submit a fresh bond to cover "ALL" their financial commitments as per that budget then they should be kicked out of the league. If they can provide all of that then they should be ratified as members of the league for next season and we can then get on with our lives and prepare for NLS next season."

Ancient Shot
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu May 09, 2019 2:36 pm

IIRC he was chairman at the time

It was all dodgy business anyway :wink:

scorp
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Gateshead

Post by scorp » Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm


He is, but I’d imagine that as an ‘interested and involved party’ he’d have to ‘leave the room’ when the NLB discuss/debate the Gateshead situation.
They didn't make the FGR bloke leave the room when they won the AGM cup 3 years running
I cant imagine he was allowed to vote though Ancient.

This is cut and pasted from a post that I just made on another thread but is probably more relevant on this one

"My final footnote to this is criticism of the National League, the uncertainty over Gateshead should not be allowed to continue until the AGM in June, it should be settled at an EGM called now and unless Gateshead can provide evidence that they have all their staff paid, suitable ground contracted until the end of next season, a proper board of directors with a balanced budget and submit a fresh bond to cover "ALL" their financial commitments as per that budget then they should be kicked out of the league. If they can provide all of that then they should be ratified as members of the league for next season and we can then get on with our lives and prepare for NLS next season."
No sign of anything happening on that italicised front so far, Birdman. A report published y'day... https://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/a ... nfit-owner

It includes: "The club is still up for sale, a deal had nearly gone through during the season with former Rochdale owner Chris Dunphy. However, it did not with Dunphy stating it was impossible to complete due to Varghese." If Dunphy was to swoop with an acceptable offer before the NL's AGM, would that save the club from the drop, or would the NL take such a dim view of how the club has been run that it will dump it regardless?

Wanderer
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm
Location: Godalming
Re: Gateshead

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm

They didn't make the FGR bloke leave the room when they won the AGM cup 3 years running
It was Altrincham that won the AGM cup 3 years in a row, but Mr Peake was responsible for making them bottom in one of the seasons by forcing through a 20+ points deduction.
FGR have only won the AGM Cup twice and there was a number of years between them.

MikeB
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:04 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by MikeB » Thu May 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm


He is, but I’d imagine that as an ‘interested and involved party’ he’d have to ‘leave the room’ when the NLB discuss/debate the Gateshead situation.
They didn't make the FGR bloke leave the room when they won the AGM cup 3 years running
I cant imagine he was allowed to vote though Ancient.

This is cut and pasted from a post that I just made on another thread but is probably more relevant on this one

"My final footnote to this is criticism of the National League, the uncertainty over Gateshead should not be allowed to continue until the AGM in June, it should be settled at an EGM called now and unless Gateshead can provide evidence that they have all their staff paid, suitable ground contracted until the end of next season, a proper board of directors with a balanced budget and submit a fresh bond to cover "ALL" their financial commitments as per that budget then they should be kicked out of the league. If they can provide all of that then they should be ratified as members of the league for next season and we can then get on with our lives and prepare for NLS next season."
If we were talking about the Shots rather than the Heed, I think we'd want the National League to show a bit more understanding than that.

With the situation as it is, we just might get lucky. But we can't stamp our feet and demand to get lucky NOW.

AMJS007
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by AMJS007 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Latest developments are Gateshead are meeting with National League tomorrow.
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... ssion=true

Birdman
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Gateshead

Post by Birdman » Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 pm

AMJS007 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:11 pm
Latest developments are Gateshead are meeting with National League tomorrow.
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/mo ... ssion=true
I know that it’s a serious matter but it’s not just our official website that makes errors on some announcements.
This made me chuckle :-
It’s not nice being paid, and that’s not just about myself, that’s the rest of the lads and others at the club as well.”

Dave
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:54 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Dave » Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 pm

What are the odds on a cheeky little reprieve here?

willberto
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:09 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by willberto » Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 pm

I fully agree that it would help everyone involved immensely if the issue was sorted out much earlier than the Conference AGM so that Gateshead, us, Ebbsfleet, Havant and any other side either effected by financial troubles or in a position to benefit from any side resigning/being thrown out knew exactly where they stood so that they could budget and plan for the new season accordingly rather than playing catch up.

I guess if you want to add balance to the argument we should remember the situation we were in back in 2013. If my memory serves me correctly didn't we have to be out of Administration (or at least have an agreement in principle) before the conference AGM or we wouldn't be accepted. Had the AGM been in early May perhaps we wouldn't have been playing National league football for the past 6 years. I think that rule might have been only for clubs joining the conference from the football league or level 7 and didn't include existing members. Alternatively of course, had the AGM been a lot earlier the decision to put us into administation may have just been delayed until after we had been accepted.

In the mean time, the club is stuck in limbo - we should be planning for National League South as much as we can, but some decisions we can't afford to commit fully to until we have a final answer e.g. playing budgets/match day prices/team targets

Dartmouthagain
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:53 am
Re: Gateshead

Post by Dartmouthagain » Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Gateshead needed to confirm their ground arrangements by the end of March, to be considered for the National League. They don't appear to have a ground.
Their chairman will , no doubt, be required to lodge a deposit with the League, given the compensation and Employment law related claims.
He is reported to have been trying to desperately withdraw last year’s £200k. Seems unlikely he will give it straight back.
Our chairman is well informed and must know the situation.


Post Reply