Gateshead

Post Reply
scorp
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Gateshead

Post by scorp » Mon May 13, 2019 11:29 am

Update: Ebbsleet deeper in the mire: https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=ebbsfleet%20fans

But re Gateshead - the latest: https://twitter.com/TheHeedView/status/ ... 7452422144

You'll probably need a computer to read the scanned copy of the story, unless you can zoom in on a phone. There is a reference to ATFC - "will be reprieved should Gatehead's figures not stack up". That aside, the fans clearly think the club's new manager is talking utter sh*te. "Never read a more deluded piece in my life."

The story comes after a meeting held on Friday with the National League in London. The story's not online yet. It was published in print y'day.

One of the tweets below the scanned story:
"Sickening to read. A squad of teenagers would get slaughtered in northern league never mind national league. Shame on anyone playing for the club, sponsoring them and council if they let these cowboys play there. Never mind getting players what about the many creditors owed money."

Birdman
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Gateshead

Post by Birdman » Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 pm

This comment from their forum about the meeting :-

“Inconclusive meeting Harrop and Clarke attended and they have a week to answer various questions, including a 10 year (security of tenure agreement to satisfy league rules) blueprint for the Club.
More importantly they must come up with a realistic budget / business plan for next season and a way of settling all current outstanding debts. They also need to prove they have a stadium fit fro purpose.
Hopefully the Council and Kingston Park won't entertain them.”


Read into it what you will.

scorp
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Gateshead

Post by scorp » Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 pm
This comment from their forum about the meeting :-

“Inconclusive meeting Harrop and Clarke attended and they have a week to answer various questions, including a 10 year (security of tenure agreement to satisfy league rules) blueprint for the Club.
More importantly they must come up with a realistic budget / business plan for next season and a way of settling all current outstanding debts. They also need to prove they have a stadium fit fro purpose.
Hopefully the Council and Kingston Park won't entertain them.”


Read into it what you will.
That might disappoint those Woking fans who think / hope we're relegated ;)

Birdman
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Gateshead

Post by Birdman » Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm

In all honesty, I think that we’re straw-clutching. If a reprieve comes about (in good time) then fine, no more than that, but my mind says that we start in Connie South next season.

CH
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Gateshead

Post by CH » Mon May 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Looking at the 24 sides "provisionally" in the NL next season, I'm struggling to find any I think we have a chance of finishing above.

I'm gutted we are relegated and believe we will be playing NLS football next season as I believe it is (slightly) below our natural level but I think we need to go down now. We will be so far behind the other NL clubs. Stockport and Chorley will be strong, Torquay won't be an easy team to beat.

chimpster99
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Gateshead

Post by chimpster99 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Agreed. If we stayed up I honestly think we would be floundering at the bottom with Boreham Wood, Maidenhead, Woking, possibly Sutton and either Ebbsfleet or Gateshead (if one of them survives). The standard in the NL is shaping up to be stronger than ever next season.

shots1965
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: Gateshead

Post by shots1965 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm
In all honesty, I think that we’re straw-clutching. If a reprieve comes about (in good time) then fine, no more than that, but my mind says that we start in Connie South next season.

"Connie South"REALY,??

Doesn't even sound like a football league

NLS is much more respectful...

Coys

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm

So basically what we are saying is that we can no longer compete in the national league with the giants of non league like Dover, Maidenhead, Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Sutton, Halifax, Boreham Wood, Barrow, Gateshead, woking and Ebbsfleet?....


Really?

Birdman
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Gateshead

Post by Birdman » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm
So basically what we are saying is that we can no longer compete in the national league with the giants of non league like Dover, Maidenhead, Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Sutton, Halifax, Boreham Wood, Barrow, Gateshead, woking and Ebbsfleet?....


Really?
I'm of the opinion that chimpster was more implying that next season we would struggle due to there currently being no manager, only two players (plus academy 'keeper who's been offered a contract) and until the G'head situation gets sorted out, we could be signing players for Connie South and not Conference National. So no, not a case that we can no longer compete in the National League.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Disturbed Postie » Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm
So basically what we are saying is that we can no longer compete in the national league with the giants of non league like Dover, Maidenhead, Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Sutton, Halifax, Boreham Wood, Barrow, Gateshead, woking and Ebbsfleet?....


Really?
Yeah I know, it’s sad and pathetic really to be thinking like this, from Wolves Sheffield United Huddersfield Cardiff Bradford Brighton Bristol City Bournemouth to ***** like concord Hemel Staines Braintree etc

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon May 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm
Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 pm
So basically what we are saying is that we can no longer compete in the national league with the giants of non league like Dover, Maidenhead, Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Sutton, Halifax, Boreham Wood, Barrow, Gateshead, woking and Ebbsfleet?....


Really?
I'm of the opinion that chimpster was more implying that next season we would struggle due to there currently being no manager, only two players (plus academy 'keeper who's been offered a contract) and until the G'head situation gets sorted out, we could be signing players for Connie South and not Conference National. So no, not a case that we can no longer compete in the National League.
Fair enough if thats the case, i wouldnt disagree in so much as the club desperately needs a lift and i cant see under the current regime where that will come from.

I would question if we as fans have been to meek in accepting our fate over the past season.. I think if we end up with the belief that we are only able to compete at conference south level, it wont take long for us to become exactly that, ie a conf south also ran.

chimpster99
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Gateshead

Post by chimpster99 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:01 pm

[quote="Dom Sterlings Left Leg" post_id=588337 time=1557775697 user_id=1449]
[quote=Birdman post_id=588332 time=1557774911 user_id=133]
[quote="Dom Sterlings Left Leg" post_id=588330 time=1557774194 user_id=1449]
So basically what we are saying is that we can no longer compete in the national league with the giants of non league like Dover, Maidenhead, Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Sutton, Halifax, Boreham Wood, Barrow, Gateshead, woking and Ebbsfleet?....


Really?
[/quote]

I'm of the opinion that chimpster was more implying that [u]next season[/u] we would struggle due to there currently being no manager, only two players (plus academy 'keeper who's been offered a contract) and until the G'head situation gets sorted out, we could be signing players for Connie South and not Conference National. So no, not a case that we can no longer compete in the National League.
[/quote]

Fair enough if thats the case, i wouldnt disagree in so much as the club desperately needs a lift and i cant see under the current regime where that will come from.

I would question if we as fans have been to meek in accepting our fate over the past season.. I think if we end up with the belief that we are only able to compete at conference south level, it wont take long for us to become exactly that, ie a conf south also ran.
[/quote]

Correct Birdie. I honestly think our ship has already sailed as far as it goes for next season in NLP. The board should have had an arrangement made with Gary long before the end of the season and the new man ready to go. Add to that the fact that previously small clubs like Bromley seem to be bolstering their budgets to the extent that we couldn’t compete for half decent players, leaving us to feed off the scraps again.

GWRBA
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by GWRBA » Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 pm

CH wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:30 pm
Looking at the 24 sides "provisionally" in the NL next season, I'm struggling to find any I think we have a chance of finishing above.
How do you know this? We have 2 players with no idea who our new manager is or how they will recruit. Some clubs don't have many more players than us, or are no way finished with their summer recruitment. Last season is gone, in the same way Barry Smith's team were gone when Gary returned and people actually wanted us to play good football again.

Charles Dickens
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:38 am
Re: Gateshead

Post by Charles Dickens » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm

Unless the BOD secure the services of a decent manager, they will soon regret the departure of Gary Waddock, as will the short sighted posters on this message board who have relentlessly campaigned to remove the manager.

Alex
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Gateshead

Post by Alex » Tue May 14, 2019 12:13 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm
Unless the BOD secure the services of a decent manager, they will soon regret the departure of Gary Waddock, as will the short sighted posters on this message board who have relentlessly campaigned to remove the manager.
:lol:

deluded


Post Reply