Fans Forum next Thursday, 9th May

Cph.shots
Re: Fans Forum next Thursday, 9th May

Post by Cph.shots » Sat May 11, 2019 10:27 pm

sgibbs wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:21 pm
Cph.shots wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:10 pm
"HE offered help from the board" don't you think that could mean financial help?

"GW had major issues with the training ground " where did that come from?

Try to read things a bit more critically, don't swallow everything raw.
The Board said that they could bring somebody in to help Gary, in lieu of an official Assistant Manager - not that somebody from the Board would help with coaching.

The point wasn't that GW had major issues with the training ground, it was said that one of Gary's small gripes was that the grass was too long on the Queen's Avenue. This was in response to a request for the Board to elaborate on what Gary meant when he mentioned off-field problems as contributing factors to this season's failure.
Thanks Steve.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 am

DanS93 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Tiger131 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:12 pm
DanS93 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:18 pm
And its Aldershot ......Aldershot Community FC we by far the greatest team the World has ever seen 🤣🤣🤣 can see myself singing that one in the East Bank for years to come in the Ryman South.

Clearly we haven’t learnt a thing that we are focusing money we haven’t got on staff, community initiatives and an academy that I don’t think makes any profit we have been told about unlike Boreham Wood... instead of ploughing it all into a first team budget to give ourselves every chance of winning. To the extent we want to change our name ! Get real please we are not a charity we are a football club with a good fan base and history!

Surely if you have a winning1st team the rest can then grow... aka Lincoln City! Really worried about our great Club becoming a vehicle for certain board members egos reading the endless comments on here and on social media about the forum. The next appointment Azeem makes will answer this.
Which Board members are you referring to ?

Lost track of all the directors names tbh. Can’t keep up with all the chopping and changing and who bought what shares to cover are arses. The name situation could well be my fault but it read from quite a few people that this was a suggestion the board were considering In the future!!?

My point is we have to learn from last year. How an earth the best manager we have had at the Club that I grew up worshipping has all of a sudden become a shadow of himself, be alienated with no assistant and got the team relegated ? For me the comments on here about what’s been said at the forum, social media and also from get Surrey is that we are have no plan again, we have 2 players signed, GW had major issues at the training ground and We haven’t got a new training base and no updates what’s so ever on what structure on the football side is actually going to make us start winning games ? I’ve read one ridiculous post that GW was offered help from the board ? Who has any football expertise on the board to suggest GW in his right mind would say yes ? Im a plumber I am sure GW wouldn’t tell me how to fix a lavatory 😂🤦‍♂️

That’s why I am suggesting do the board really care or are they just happy to wear the badge - or tie and say look at me. Major change is needed , over to the board - Azeem to actually be brave and hire the right person to sort this mess out. Is it me or are players being signed left right and centre?? What are we doing to inspire the likes of me the younger - next generation of support to wear the shirt with pride !!!??? Give us something to shout about.
Yes major changes are needed at board level.

Oh to be back at the days of Terry Owens, Graham Brookland, people who were/are SHOTS fans and who had the best interest on the Club!

DanS93

Post by DanS93 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 am

I am not saying there needs to be a complete change at the top. GW seems to have been spoken about heavily at the Forum and many times on here the last 6 months down to the smallest thing. I’m asking what do the new directors bring and is it a coincidence that since they arrived we have lost considerable amounts of money and been relegated ? Is Shahid being distracted by the new directors ?

It’s easy to point the finger at a Club legend and I agree some things probably are GW fault. But actually to join the Club on the rise (playoffs x 2) in a directors position in July 18 and then less then a year the Club is relegated and have reports of 300 k loss - for me runs deeper than what we see on a Saturday afternoon.

abee

Post by abee » Sun May 12, 2019 11:06 am

WTF wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 am
DanS93 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Tiger131 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Which Board members are you referring to ?

Lost track of all the directors names tbh. Can’t keep up with all the chopping and changing and who bought what shares to cover are arses. The name situation could well be my fault but it read from quite a few people that this was a suggestion the board were considering In the future!!?

My point is we have to learn from last year. How an earth the best manager we have had at the Club that I grew up worshipping has all of a sudden become a shadow of himself, be alienated with no assistant and got the team relegated ? For me the comments on here about what’s been said at the forum, social media and also from get Surrey is that we are have no plan again, we have 2 players signed, GW had major issues at the training ground and We haven’t got a new training base and no updates what’s so ever on what structure on the football side is actually going to make us start winning games ? I’ve read one ridiculous post that GW was offered help from the board ? Who has any football expertise on the board to suggest GW in his right mind would say yes ? Im a plumber I am sure GW wouldn’t tell me how to fix a lavatory 😂🤦‍♂️

That’s why I am suggesting do the board really care or are they just happy to wear the badge - or tie and say look at me. Major change is needed , over to the board - Azeem to actually be brave and hire the right person to sort this mess out. Is it me or are players being signed left right and centre?? What are we doing to inspire the likes of me the younger - next generation of support to wear the shirt with pride !!!??? Give us something to shout about.
Yes major changes are needed at board level.

Oh to be back at the days of Terry Owens, Graham Brookland, people who were/are SHOTS fans and who had the best interest on the Club!
I posted this on the 'Shahid's Dilemma' thread but it's equally valid here.

My own experiences are that individuals become directors/join the board of football clubs for one of two reasons in that they either 1) want to be someone or 2) they actually want to do something to drive the club forward.

It's up to supporters to make up their own minds as to the reasoning of individual directors and their prime motives. I'm talking about all football clubs here not just Aldershot

DanS93

Post by DanS93 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:14 am

My father and I come to as many games as possible and yes we support but love the debate afterwards about the game . Gets our blood flowing but not for one minute do we get beyond ourselves and think we are football experts. We just love the Club.

The next appointment will tell us all the answer to the above Abee. If it’s a big name who has had a poor managerial record - it’s ego driven or if we have learnt from the last decade realise where we are as a club ( on our knees ) and employ someone for the future that actually has a long term plan and can coach. Anyway I’m off for a barby with the family to watch the PL final day.

BillB

Post by BillB » Sun May 12, 2019 12:39 pm

from Abee......I posted this on the 'Shahid's Dilemma' thread but it's equally valid here.

"My own experiences are that individuals become directors/join the board of football clubs for one of two reasons in that they either 1) want to be someone or 2) they actually want to do something to drive the club forward.
It's up to supporters to make up their own minds as to the reasoning of individual directors and their prime motives. I'm talking about all football clubs here not just Aldershot."

That is it Abee, but when the Directors don't want to listen that is the end of the subject......
Or once reported to me that a certain Director said ," I'll never allow any supporter anywhere near the "Board Room".

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Sun May 12, 2019 2:42 pm

BillB wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:39 pm
from Abee......I posted this on the 'Shahid's Dilemma' thread but it's equally valid here.

"My own experiences are that individuals become directors/join the board of football clubs for one of two reasons in that they either 1) want to be someone or 2) they actually want to do something to drive the club forward.
It's up to supporters to make up their own minds as to the reasoning of individual directors and their prime motives. I'm talking about all football clubs here not just Aldershot."

That is it Abee, but when the Directors don't want to listen that is the end of the subject......
Or once reported to me that a certain Director said ," I'll never allow any supporter anywhere near the "Board Room".
I'm not sure why the BoD are lauded in some quarters. Put it this way, if I had been put in charge, the Club would have lost money and been relegated. :lol:

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:45 pm

To DanS93.
Well done, I agree with almost everything you have written, even about fixing a lavatory. There again, I am a retired plumber but while working was never in as much S--T as the club seems to be

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:00 pm

BillB wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:39 pm

That is it BillB they don't want to listen and your quote shows how short sighted they are!