Fans Forum next Thursday, 9th May

80fc
Re: Fans Forum next Thursday, 9th May

Post by 80fc » Sat May 11, 2019 1:50 pm

I have absolute admiration for Mr Bloomfield, however embarrassing the board would have been the least of my worries, they should be embarrassed into getting things right. The other that always amazes me is the distance people travel to watch lowly little Aldershot. I only have 100 mile round trip and feel like a hero for doing that sometimes so well done to all those other long distance supporters.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat May 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 am
lanternhall wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 am
Ancient Shot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:58 am
Thanks Marcus - was quoting someone who was there
Rather than relying on other people. Why didn't you go?
Not that it's any of your business, I live over 100 miles away from Aldershot.

You?
I apologise Ancient. It was a thoughtless post. I live roughly 40 miles away.

DanS93

Post by DanS93 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:18 pm

And its Aldershot ......Aldershot Community FC we by far the greatest team the World has ever seen 🤣🤣🤣 can see myself singing that one in the East Bank for years to come in the Ryman South.

Clearly we haven’t learnt a thing that we are focusing money we haven’t got on staff, community initiatives and an academy that I don’t think makes any profit we have been told about unlike Boreham Wood... instead of ploughing it all into a first team budget to give ourselves every chance of winning. To the extent we want to change our name ! Get real please we are not a charity we are a football club with a good fan base and history!

Surely if you have a winning1st team the rest can then grow... aka Lincoln City! Really worried about our great Club becoming a vehicle for certain board members egos reading the endless comments on here and on social media about the forum. The next appointment Azeem makes will answer this.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sat May 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Where have you read WE want to change our name? I don't recall reading it anywhere

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Sat May 11, 2019 3:52 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:47 pm
Where have you read WE want to change our name? I don't recall reading it anywhere
Someone suggested it at the forum

ACA

Post by ACA » Sat May 11, 2019 3:55 pm

That was my understanding from your summary of the questions... "someone" (i.e. a fan) suggested it. I don't know why it's now being interpreted as "the club wants to change its name".

DanS93

Post by DanS93 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:04 pm

If I’m wrong I apologise ? But I read this morning on Facebook that this was put forward at the forum!! ?

Tiger131

Post by Tiger131 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:12 pm

DanS93 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:18 pm
And its Aldershot ......Aldershot Community FC we by far the greatest team the World has ever seen 🤣🤣🤣 can see myself singing that one in the East Bank for years to come in the Ryman South.

Clearly we haven’t learnt a thing that we are focusing money we haven’t got on staff, community initiatives and an academy that I don’t think makes any profit we have been told about unlike Boreham Wood... instead of ploughing it all into a first team budget to give ourselves every chance of winning. To the extent we want to change our name ! Get real please we are not a charity we are a football club with a good fan base and history!

Surely if you have a winning1st team the rest can then grow... aka Lincoln City! Really worried about our great Club becoming a vehicle for certain board members egos reading the endless comments on here and on social media about the forum. The next appointment Azeem makes will answer this.
Which Board members are you referring to ?

A Shot from Wales

Post by A Shot from Wales » Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm

GWRBA wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 pm
A Shot from Wales wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:53 am
And I have to say, I felt somewhat insulted by the caption to the photo on the ‘official website’ - Proper supporters who deserve more next season.
Was it saying 'these are our only proper supporters, everybody else deserves nothing'?

No. Just that those who were able to turn up are proper supporters. It's a bit of a hollow PR sentiment, 'you deserve better', but it wasn't insulting
If the obverse of your PR coin shows those who attended, I would like to know how the reverse accommodates those of us who live hundreds of miles away....and do you have more coins in your pocket to cope with the lazy supporters, like my brothers, who live locallyish....have supported the club since the 60s....don’t miss many games... but couldn’t be bothered to listen to our directors telling the meeting how it will be fine in the future...’trust in us’.

No I think it was poor use of language and quite reasonably I feel somewhat insulted.

DanS93

Post by DanS93 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Tiger131 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:12 pm
DanS93 wrote:

Lost track of all the directors names tbh. Can’t keep up with all the chopping and changing and who bought what shares to cover are arses. The name situation could well be my fault but it read from quite a few people that this was a suggestion the board were considering In the future!!?

My point is we have to learn from last year. How an earth the best manager we have had at the Club that I grew up worshipping has all of a sudden become a shadow of himself, be alienated with no assistant and got the team relegated ? For me the comments on here about what’s been said at the forum, social media and also from get Surrey is that we are have no plan again, we have 2 players signed, GW had major issues at the training ground and We haven’t got a new training base and no updates what’s so ever on what structure on the football side is actually going to make us start winning games ? I’ve read one ridiculous post that GW was offered help from the board ? Who has any football expertise on the board to suggest GW in his right mind would say yes ? Im a plumber I am sure GW wouldn’t tell me how to fix a lavatory 😂🤦‍♂️

That’s why I am suggesting do the board really care or are they just happy to wear the badge - or tie and say look at me. Major change is needed , over to the board - Azeem to actually be brave and hire the right person to sort this mess out. Is it me or are players being signed left right and centre?? What are we doing to inspire the likes of me the younger - next generation of support to wear the shirt with pride !!!??? Give us something to shout about.

Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot

Post by Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot » Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm

A Shot from Wales wrote:
No I think it was poor use of language and quite reasonably I feel somewhat insulted.
I think you're overreacting.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:19 pm

DanS93 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Tiger131 wrote:
DanS93 wrote:

Lost track of all the directors names tbh. Can’t keep up with all the chopping and changing and who bought what shares to cover are arses. The name situation could well be my fault but it read from quite a few people that this was a suggestion the board were considering In the future!!?

My point is we have to learn from last year. How an earth the best manager we have had at the Club that I grew up worshipping has all of a sudden become a shadow of himself, be alienated with no assistant and got the team relegated ? For me the comments on here about what’s been said at the forum, social media and also from get Surrey is that we are have no plan again, we have 2 players signed, GW had major issues at the training ground and We haven’t got a new training base and no updates what’s so ever on what structure on the football side is actually going to make us start winning games ? I’ve read one ridiculous post that GW was offered help from the board ? Who has any football expertise on the board to suggest GW in his right mind would say yes ? Im a plumber I am sure GW wouldn’t tell me how to fix a lavatory 😂🤦‍♂️

That’s why I am suggesting do the board really care or are they just happy to wear the badge - or tie and say look at me. Major change is needed , over to the board - Azeem to actually be brave and hire the right person to sort this mess out. Is it me or are players being signed left right and centre?? What are we doing to inspire the likes of me the younger - next generation of support to wear the shirt with pride !!!??? Give us something to shout about.
Excellent post Dan, you can see from various posts, including Brian Bloomfield that there are big issues on and off the park and I do not believe the Chairman is the right man to lead us out of it.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Sat May 11, 2019 9:10 pm

DanS93 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:26 pm
Tiger131 wrote:
DanS93 wrote:

I'm pretty sure we've been reading the same reports from the forum ( I wasn't there either) and I can't understand where a lot of your points are coming from. The name thing is a perfect example of " fake news" something gets misreported/misquoted and then it becomes fact.

"HE offered help from the board" don't you think that could mean financial help?

"GW had major issues with the training ground " where did that come from?

Try to read things a bit more critically, don't swallow everything raw.

sgibbs

Post by sgibbs » Sat May 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Cph.shots wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:10 pm
"HE offered help from the board" don't you think that could mean financial help?

"GW had major issues with the training ground " where did that come from?

Try to read things a bit more critically, don't swallow everything raw.
The Board said that they could bring somebody in to help Gary, in lieu of an official Assistant Manager - not that somebody from the Board would help with coaching.

The point wasn't that GW had major issues with the training ground, it was said that one of Gary's small gripes was that the grass was too long on the Queen's Avenue. This was in response to a request for the Board to elaborate on what Gary meant when he mentioned off-field problems as contributing factors to this season's failure.

DanS93

Post by DanS93 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:50 pm

With all due respect cph I am pretty balanced in my views, If mistaken I’m sorry if I got the name thing wrong but it seems I maybe right ! I am p**ssed off watching the playoff game today. Only 8 thousand people at Wembley! We need to wake up!

I have listened to GW interviews most the year especially when I can’t get to games. On Facebook it has been claimed at the forum that GW had training ground issues about getting kicked off pitches at the last minute ? Is this not true ? Also I would suggest to listen back to his interview at Harrogate after we got hammered. I think GW slaughtered the direction we were headed and the training ground again?

Thanks sgibbs I wasn’t aware of that. But it’s so confusing as I thought when Rowe left we couldn’t afford one and it was suggested GW didn’t need an assistant ? To me it just seems like there are decisions being made and we are simply just panicking afterwards. My main concern and why I am posting is that have we learnt ? Where is the leadership ? Because we are again without any players, no manager , 1 serious pre season friendly and clearly no football plan. What is going on?

I just looked on our website and the board members to learn more. To be honest Sharaz Hussein, Walleed Khan and Deane Wood were all added in July 2018 and let’s be honest since then the club has spiralled. Maybe Shahid’s views are being clouded by poor advice from inexperienced directors? A little gripe also I don’t understand why on one of the new directors Walleed Khan page it suggests he has some decent business experience but the most basic coaching badges ? A bit strange. I have a GCSE in maths does that mean I should sit on a board at Cambridge University and advise the Finance lecturers ? Seriously ! 😂😂

What is the requirement to get in the board ? Can see Why Paget Brown has been brought on as he brings legal advice I would imagine that’s normal.