New manager...who is it going to be?

Norwich Nick
Re: New manager...who is it going to be?

Post by Norwich Nick » Fri May 10, 2019 6:41 pm

SW Shot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:47 pm
Wealdstone manager Bobby Wilkinson has left for “non footballing reasons”. Could he be coming here?
When he left Hungerford 2 years ago it was stated he wanted to step down and take a back seat (apparently)...... he turned up at Wealdstone a day or two later.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am
Bradbury 'may' have been a decent shout but he's already gone to Eastbourne

Steve King is being his normal classy self and is busy touting himself around to anyone who will listen despite the fact his team is in a playoff final this sunday (Him and Goldberg at Welling do not get on). Everywhere King has been he's left a legacy of financial problems.

How about Graham Westley ?, he will bring his own money to the club as well (puts tin hat on)
Decent shout. (I’ll put my tin hat on also)

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri May 10, 2019 9:02 pm

steveshot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:

Steve King is being his normal classy self and is busy touting himself around to anyone who will listen despite the fact his team is in a playoff final this sunday (Him and Goldberg at Welling do not get on). Everywhere King has been he's left a legacy of financial problems.

How about Graham Westley ?, he will bring his own money to the club as well (puts tin hat on)
If you want the crowds to be 800 instead 1600 Graham Westley will be your man.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:02 pm
steveshot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:

If you want the crowds to be 800 instead 1600 Graham Westley will be your man.
799 Mr Mouse, i won't be there either :lol:

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm

I’m not convinced Bobby Wilkinson would get loads of fans rushing back to the EBB

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Fri May 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Alex wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm
I’m not convinced Bobby Wilkinson would get loads of fans rushing back to the EBB
I hope the club show a bit of ambition with the new manager. Wealdstone’s website says e left for non football related.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat May 11, 2019 7:02 am

Alex wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm
I’m not sure any manager will get the fans rushing back Alex.
6-0 wins might though.

ACA

Post by ACA » Sat May 11, 2019 8:47 am

Bobby Wilkinson seems to have a good record in and around NLS - he would certainly tick the "knows the league" box.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 am

No manager will get people flocking back to the club unfortunately. We will start the season with the 1600 hardcore and only a successful season will bring crowds back to the 2000 mark.

In my view this is as much down to the way the club has handled relegation and made any kind if statement of intent than anything else.

Lets face it if the board had their way we would be sneeking back into the national league by the back door, kept Waddock and pretended nothing had happened.

fredandballou

Post by fredandballou » Sat May 11, 2019 10:18 am

Wealdstone have now withdrawn the sentence ' he's leaving for non footballing reasons ' from their statement regarding Bobby Wilkinson. This seems to imply he has left to join another club. Will it be a ' welcome to the EBB ' very soon for Bobby?

1957shot

Post by 1957shot » Sat May 11, 2019 12:06 pm

I have two good friends who are life-long Wealdstone supporters (we live quite nearby). One has been on the board and they are both very active in the clubs' activities. They hate Wilkinson both as a person and a manager. Apparently the football is very boring, defensive and 'hoof ball'. Obviously he has had reasonable results this year but that was on a bigger budget than previously. Maybe he would get results for us but from what I hear I hope he doesn't come anywhere near the EBB.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat May 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Unless Bobby gave an exceptional interview, you’d hope he wouldn’t be offered the job. The deadline for applications is Monday!

Would hope we have an announcement in the next fortnight or so.

Future Shot

Post by Future Shot » Sat May 11, 2019 12:19 pm

I think Bobby Wilkinson would be a decent appointment but who knows?

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:02 am
I’m not sure any manager will get the fans rushing back Alex.
Gary Waddock?

RichShot

Post by RichShot » Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Is the guy who took over from Gibbo the same guy who was doing Bobby Wilkinson’s interviews at Wealdstone before hand ?
Re Hoof Ball, apart from Gary Waddock, Forest Green with all their money and Hereford back in the day it is all hoofball from league one down and even more so in non league and shots fans need to face the reality.
Before Waddock you’d hear PASS IT being shouted angrily at our own players from the supporters who in reality never support and only criticise and then under Waddock the same fans who hinder the players with their negativity towards our own are shouting GET IT FORWARD.
We are non league, it’s HOOF BALL, accept it. Let’s sign some giant bruisers.