Shahid’s dilemma...

WTF
Re: Shahid’s dilemma...

Post by WTF » Sun May 12, 2019 9:55 am

Further argument about Shahid is pointless.......there are those on here who believe that he has God on his speed dial and others who think that he should be ATFC President with a brief to establish and foster relationships with sponsors and investors but have no executive role at the club.

You will not be surprised that I'm in the second camp.

Im not sure Im in the second camp Abee, Butsy does a great job and is Shots through and through!

abee
Re: Shahid’s dilemma...

Post by abee » Sun May 12, 2019 10:44 am

WTF wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:55 am
Further argument about Shahid is pointless.......there are those on here who believe that he has God on his speed dial and others who think that he should be ATFC President with a brief to establish and foster relationships with sponsors and investors but have no executive role at the club.

You will not be surprised that I'm in the second camp.

Im not sure Im in the second camp Abee, Butsy does a great job and is Shots through and through!
I have the greatest respect for Mark Butler whom I got to know pretty well and liked. My strong recommendation and indeed paper presentations were I repeat for a small Executive Team to run the Club under clearly defined authorities approved by the board and reporting to the board. The board and Chairman to be non-Executive. I suggested that Shahid should be President (or another suitable title) his ability to conjure up new investors to plug the cash deficit gaps is amazing and I also tossed in sponsors relationships in my suggested job description because if I recall he has made a point of emphasising his role in this alongside Mark Butler.

My own experiences are that individuals become directors/join the board of football clubs for one of two reasons in that they either 1) want to be someone or 2) they actually want to do something to drive the club forward.

It's up to supporters to make up their own minds as to the reasoning of individual directors and their prime motives. I'm talking about all football clubs here not just Aldershot