AFC Fylde v Salford

Ancient Shot
Re: AFC Fylde v Salford

Post by Ancient Shot » Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 pm

BBC Comment headlined "Money Talks ... "

The "Class of 92" and billionaire Singaporean business magnate Peter Lim's money has been well spent as Salford become the first team ever to win back-to-back promotions from the sixth tier of English football into the EFL

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat May 11, 2019 6:09 pm

I would applaud if Stockport or Torquay did it but this lot make me puke 🤮

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat May 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Surely Salford are just an ego boost for the ex United players. They have no supporters.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat May 11, 2019 6:33 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:29 pm
Surely Salford are just an ego boost for the ex United players. They have no supporters.
I’ll give em a hundred supporters and that’s it

karlready

Post by karlready » Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Don’t really go along with this. Salford are building a community club, albeit on fast-forward. Ultimately, it is very unlikely that they will fail to succeed, and progress up the pyramid. Like it or not, the local investors are not going to lose face by pulling out, or tolerate poor performance. Onwards and upwards, I’m afraid.
What is a certainty, we’ll never play them in a league match again.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 pm

karlready wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm
Don’t really go along with this. Salford are building a community club, albeit on fast-forward. Ultimately, it is very unlikely that they will fail to succeed, and progress up the pyramid. Like it or not, the local investors are not going to lose face by pulling out, or tolerate poor performance. Onwards and upwards, I’m afraid.
Unfortunately you’re probably right although one of these disturbing clubs might do a Rushden or a colne dynamos or a Gretna or a Newbury!

Aldershot Gas

Post by Aldershot Gas » Sat May 11, 2019 11:03 pm

karlready wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm
Why would Aldershot want to play them again...???. with their 34 fans in the away end.. this club sums up everything that is wrong with lower league clubs with money.....:, no fans and no history - Exeter will be delighted at the revenue they will bring them next season.... when 19 away fans buy a cup of coffee.... I hope they fail, and return to where they belong.... 7th or 8th tier... the football league, again, is worse off for having pathetic clubs like this in it - clubs like this should be banned from the league, end off

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun May 12, 2019 12:34 am

I know this comment is probably very naive but I think clubs should be made to show that they can sustain themselves without huge investment. Aldershot have genuine supporters. Salford have lots of money but no support and no history.

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Sun May 12, 2019 12:49 am

One of the 7 "Deadly Sins" is envy. There is a lot of this on here about Salford, but does it really help?

My old boss always had a saying that "we are where we are." We may not like this, but it is the truth, however unpalatable that may be.

I am fed up with football this season!!

Aldershot Gas

Post by Aldershot Gas » Sun May 12, 2019 12:52 am

lanternhall wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:34 am
I know this comment is probably very naive but I think clubs should be made to show that they can sustain themselves without huge investment. Aldershot have genuine supporters. Salford have lots of money but no support and no history.
The Football League should have a rule - Clubs who have an average away attendance of under 100, NOT allowed in the league....that would get rid of the utter dross populating the 4th tier at present - opening day next season....Salford at Crawley - 37 away fans.....Wrexham at Crawley - 350 away fans......

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sun May 12, 2019 1:24 am

Aren't Salford the same as AFC Wimbledon. They are made up clubs. No history. I remember us playing the real Wimbledon at Plough Lane. Football is all about money now. Supporters aren't appreciated. In a lot of case's not needed. Sponsorship will do. I want the passion back.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun May 12, 2019 6:45 am

This club plus fylde is as fake as a Trotters independent traders diamond ♦️ ring!

Moascar Dick

Post by Moascar Dick » Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 am

lanternhall wrote:
Salford had an average home attendance this past season almost 50% higher than that of Aldershot. If they have "no supporters" where does that leave us?

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 am

Moascar Dick wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 am
lanternhall wrote:
Salford had an average home attendance this past season almost 50% higher than that of Aldershot. If they have "no supporters" where does that leave us?
Only because they are successful because of a billionaire and the Manchester United contingent, it’s not tricky understanding this FFS!

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun May 12, 2019 7:05 am

I didn’t go to Salford but I believe we had 300 there to watch a **** 5th tier side which is superb, they had about 50 odd down here so our support is 6 times better than theirs, I think that says it all!