Woking

Anon E Mouse
Re: Woking

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun May 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Wokingboy wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:06 pm
scorp wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:23 pm
Surprising lack of atmosphere and singing. There was some at the final whistle and just afterwards. Even then the song was just "Wo-king". But congrats to them; a well organised defence with a player who looks over after 7ft tall, and some tooth in attack down the left [but no goals via that route] and the occasional run down the right. The goal came from a free kick a bit outside the pen area. It was hit straight at the goal and that's where it ended up.
I don’t know what game you were at mate, the KRE was bouncing all game...
Here at Woking we’re going to enjoy the next few years as aldershot falls into oblivion and the cards solidify our place in the national league.
:D :D :D COYC
Good luck to you Woking boy. Enjoy the moment. The National League Part Time will be a challenge but let’s hope you stay up so we can play you the season after.
Must admit you couldn’t hear the crowd on the radio apart from a brief the cards are going up in the 93rd minute but I’m sure it was better there.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Wokingboy wrote:
scorp wrote:
Surprising lack of atmosphere and singing. There was some at the final whistle and just afterwards. Even then the song was just "Wo-king". But congrats to them; a well organised defence with a player who looks over after 7ft tall, and some tooth in attack down the left [but no goals via that route] and the occasional run down the right. The goal came from a free kick a bit outside the pen area. It was hit straight at the goal and that's where it ended up.
Here at Woking we’re going to enjoy the next few years as aldershot falls into oblivion and the cards solidify our place in the national league.
"the KRE was bouncing all game".

bouncing quietly.

Nothing at all like the east bank, which, as i say, was surprising [to me]. i guess it's all relative.

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Sun May 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Woking up. Well done to them.
We need to do the same.

Welling played well but were toothless up front.

( I wasn’t there btw. Listened on Radio while
Watching Liverpool lose out ...again). :)
Thanks for that! Some of us (🖐) might have wanted to watch it on MOTD highlights without knowing the outcome beforehand. :roll:

But yes, well done Woking.
Likely Lads moment.

Golgo

Post by Golgo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm

My favourite one today was “The Cards are going up and the Shots are going down” been singing it all season... as Wokingboy said 5000 there today and it was bouncing in the KRE.. a bit nervy at times but great scenes at the end and who knows the Shots might win the AGM cup and we welcome you into gate 3 again! Nah!!!!!!!!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Pip@B wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:37 pm
Birdman wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:57 pm
Woking up. Well done to them.
We need to do the same.

Welling played well but were toothless up front.

( I wasn’t there btw. Listened on Radio while
Watching Liverpool lose out ...again). :)
Thanks for that! Some of us (🖐) might have wanted to watch it on MOTD highlights without knowing the outcome beforehand. :roll:

But yes, well done Woking.
Likely Lads moment.
I’d like to say ‘you’re showing your age, Pip’ but then I remembered that I watched that when it was on black and white tv.🙁

Accurate Shot

Post by Accurate Shot » Sun May 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Wokingboy wrote:
scorp wrote:
Wow ! .Is that the height of your ambition to stay mid table in the NPL while giants like Crawley, Stevenage, Macclesfield, Accy Stan, Morecambe etc enjoy FL status. Most Shots fans harbour ambitions of a return to football league even if it looks a million light years away right now.A town the size of Woking could easily sustain L2 level.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Golgo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm
My favourite one today was “The Cards are going up and the Shots are going down” been singing it all season... as Wokingboy said 5000 there today and it was bouncing in the KRE.. a bit nervy at times but great scenes at the end and who knows the Shots might win the AGM cup and we welcome you into gate 3 again! Nah!!!!!!!!
What a beautiful post sir and I must add my congratulations on your wonderful clubs promotion today, enjoy your away days at Chorley barrow Halifax etc 👍

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sun May 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm
Golgo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm
What a beautiful post sir and I must add my congratulations on your wonderful clubs promotion today, enjoy your away days at Chorley barrow Halifax etc 👍
Must be a worry for them D.P. being owned by a bloke who builds flats on football pitches
I hear they would love to play aqt Cherrywood rd. :lol: :lol:

Wokingboy

Post by Wokingboy » Sun May 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Accurate Shot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:05 pm
Wokingboy wrote:
scorp wrote:
:D COYC
Wow ! .Is that the height of your ambition to stay mid table in the NPL while giants like Crawley, Stevenage, Macclesfield, Accy Stan, Morecambe etc enjoy FL status. Most Shots fans harbour ambitions of a return to football league even if it looks a million light years away right now.A town the size of Woking could easily sustain L2 level.
I think it’s every non-league fans ambition for their team to reach league 2! Aswell league two would give us the possibility of one day playing the Stevenage **** again :wink:

scorp

Post by scorp » Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 pm

ians wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:43 pm
That 7ft player is Moussa Diarra, probably the worst player I saw all season in the National League when he was at Dover! That must say something about the gulf between the two leagues
Ian, Diarra gets the big thumbs up here: http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewt ... f=2&t=8551

And yes he did perform an acrobatic bit of defending, somehow using his foot instead of his head. Another defender won a lot of headers.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 am

Fair play to those xxxxxxx's over the way, they turned adversity around.

We need to do the same.... that's the bit I want to hear about!

Golgo

Post by Golgo » Tue May 14, 2019 11:17 am

Hey Shots fans... take a leaf out of our book and get the fans back in numbers, reduce your season ticket prices! £145 for a season ticket over here for National League is great value!!!

ians

Post by ians » Tue May 14, 2019 12:02 pm

scorp wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 pm
ians wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:43 pm
That 7ft player is Moussa Diarra, probably the worst player I saw all season in the National League when he was at Dover! That must say something about the gulf between the two leagues
Ian, Diarra gets the big thumbs up here: http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewt ... f=2&t=8551

And yes he did perform an acrobatic bit of defending, somehow using his foot instead of his head. Another defender won a lot of headers.
Exactly, that is my point as he was dreadful at NL level