No word from Gary

Dartmouthagain
No word from Gary

Post by Dartmouthagain » Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 am

Am I the only one to be disappointed not to see a message of appreciation from Gary ? In spite of one and a half football seasons of awful performances and results. I believe I am correct in saying that there were no fan protests, no banging on club office windows.
Come on Mr Waddock credit where credit is due!

WTF
Re: No word from Gary

Post by WTF » Mon May 13, 2019 9:12 am

You could tell that something was wrong from Gary's body language in the last few months and we only have the club's announcement to go on.

It is a shame that the support WE have given Gary has not been acknowledged as such.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 am

Maybe he has decided that it is in his interest to say nothing, as saying what he may want to could impact on future employment opportunities.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 am

It is a shame that he didn't give an interview after the last game, an end of season chat.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon May 13, 2019 11:39 am

Would be good to hear his side of the story but he isn’t the sort of man to spill the beans.
Wish him luck wherever he ends up. I will miss him for sure and fear what the future will bring somewhat.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Mon May 13, 2019 11:51 am

May well have had a "no comment" clause in any severance agreement.....

Anyway, what is done is done.... we can see the outcome...

WTF

Post by WTF » Mon May 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Ian M wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:51 am
May well have had a "no comment" clause in any severance agreement.....

Anyway, what is done is done.... we can see the outcome...
Yes you could be correct Ian, an NDA would seem the reason.

Its sad the outcome as we all know Gary is not a bad Manager, never was and never will bi in my opinion

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 pm

I don't believe there is an NDA clause

Maybe GW is just a decent bloke who has drawn a line under his time here and has no desire to dish the dirt as some would like him to - if he actually has a reason to of course.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Mon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 pm
I don't believe there is an NDA clause

Maybe GW is just a decent bloke who has drawn a line under his time here and has no desire to dish the dirt as some would like him to - if he actually has a reason to of course.
I think it’s pretty normal to say goodbye and good luck and that wouldn’t necessarily mean “dishing any dirt”.
He hasn’t said anything at all so, for that reason, the fact that Gary hasn’t would point to the very opposite of what you’re claiming Ancient.
I reckon there is definitely an NDA.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon May 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Who was the last manager that we had who left a goodbye message on here or the club’s website when he left? Terry Brown possibly via a matchday programme, ditto Steve Wignall but I can’t recall any others.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Mon May 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Message for Gary,, SO LONG, FAREWELL , AUF WIEDERSEHEN GOODBYE ,!!

ACA

Post by ACA » Mon May 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Have to agree, Birdman, I really don't know why it's surprising. It would be altogether different if we'd just missed out on promotion/finished mid-table and he was going on to bigger and better things and/or felt he'd taken the club as far as he could - in that context, you usually get a puff piece from the outgoing manager about how brilliant the supporters and the club are, how he is really sad to be leaving but it's a brilliant opportunity, etc.

However, we've been relegated following a season where just about everything has gone wrong, on and off the pitch. Frankly, at many other clubs he would have been sacked in January. If this had been Kevin Dillon, Dean Holdsworth, Andy Scott etc, no one would have batted an eye - in fact, we know that attempts by those managers to complain about off-field issues were dismissed as attempts to shift the blame for poor performances. No one suggested that their failure to give a "leaving statement" meant anything sinister. Just because GW is held in high esteem does not mean that his failure to say goodbye to the fans is indicative of something.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Mon May 13, 2019 7:45 pm

A sad day for me that he has left Aldershot, but as we do not know why, any more speculation is rather pointless.

Gary has done great things for the Shots and I would be surprised if he does not feel too good after recent events. So how about respecting his personal situation and leave it to him to comment if he chooses in due course.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:45 pm
A sad day for me that he has left Aldershot, but as we do not know why, any more speculation is rather pointless.

Gary has done great things for the Shots and I would be surprised if he does not feel too good after recent events. So how about respecting his personal situation and leave it to him to comment if he chooses in due course.
Fair post Charles!

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:09 pm

If the man had any sense, after the season he/we have been through, he would have been on the first flight to the sun on the morning after the Maidstone game. Good luck to him, I suspect he will go back to an academy role next.