No word from Gary

Shots1954
Re: No word from Gary

Post by Shots1954 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:29 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:09 pm
If the man had any sense, after the season he/we have been through, he would have been on the first flight to the sun on the morning after the Maidstone game. Good luck to him, I suspect he will go back to an academy role next.
Touchè!

charlie warley

Post by charlie warley » Tue May 14, 2019 7:06 am

How can anyone be blamed for this fiasco. To be fair the blame should fall upon us all, from top to bottom. We don't become a bad team over night. I expect GW is hurting just as much as we are. I remember a photo of him and Mr MC G standing together, and it says .....togetherness. Moving up to the league was a great feeling.
Perhaps there was something that suggested that it's the end of an era. Good luck to wherever he ends up.
There's a saying that "still waters run deep"

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 am

charlie warley wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:06 am
How can anyone be blamed for this fiasco. To be fair the blame should fall upon us all, from top to bottom. We don't become a bad team over night. I expect GW is hurting just as much as we are. I remember a photo of him and Mr MC G standing together, and it says .....togetherness. Moving up to the league was a great feeling.
Perhaps there was something that suggested that it's the end of an era. Good luck to wherever he ends up.
For me, those were the days. The Club and fans were as one.

Sadly we all seem distant and fragmented with nothing pulling us together, yet we all have the same goal apparently!

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 am

WTF wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 am
charlie warley wrote:

Sadly we all seem distant and fragmented with nothing pulling us together, yet we all have the same goal apparently!
Apparently not.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:09 am

WTF wrote:
charlie warley wrote:

Agree! The club then had a happy feel with smiles everywhere. Now it's negative and going nowhere it seems.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:09 am

WTF wrote:
charlie warley wrote:

Agree! The club then had a happy feel with smiles everywhere. Now it's negative and going nowhere it seems.

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:09 am
WTF wrote:
charlie warley wrote:

So good in those days you said it twice! lol

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am

WTF wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
Shots1954 wrote:
WTF wrote:

How does that happen? Lol

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue May 14, 2019 11:11 am

Shots1954 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am
WTF wrote:
Shots1954 wrote:

No idea lol but now reflecting on your words, yes it would be so nice to have those days back!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am

Shots1954 wrote:
WTF wrote:
Shots1954 wrote:

It tends to happen when *you press ‘submit’ but your comment doesn’t go as quickly as you would like and so you press ‘submit’ again. When there were problems on Shotstalk a few+ months ago it wasn’t that unusual to see 3-4 repeat comments.
If it happens again then as long as nobody has posted after you, just click on the ‘X’ in the top right of your post and follow the simple instructions. It’s not compulsory to put a reason in the relevant box but if you want to then just put ‘Double post or ‘Duplicate post’. If someone has already posted then you’ll be too late.

*I’m using ‘you’ as being anyone who reads this, and it’s not aimed specifically at you, ‘1954.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:38 am
Shots1954 wrote:
WTF wrote:

It tends to happen when *you press ‘submit’ but your comment doesn’t go as quickly as you would like and so you press ‘submit’ again. When there were problems on Shotstalk a few+ months ago it wasn’t that unusual to see 3-4 repeat comments.
If it happens again then as long as nobody has posted after you, just click on the ‘X’ in the top right of your post and follow the simple instructions. It’s not compulsory to put a reason in the relevant box but if you want to then just put ‘Double post or ‘Duplicate post’. If someone has already posted then you’ll be too late.

*I’m using ‘you’ as being anyone who reads this, and it’s not aimed specifically at you, ‘1954.
That's cool and noted!

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue May 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Birdman wrote:
Shots1954 wrote:
WTF wrote:

In that context "one" instead of "you" is best, if you get what I mean. :wink:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue May 14, 2019 5:06 pm

scorp wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:11 pm
Birdman wrote:
Shots1954 wrote:

In that context "one" instead of "you" is best, if you get what I mean. :wink:
One concurs. 😁

fredandballou

Post by fredandballou » Fri May 17, 2019 3:26 pm

On the Wealdstone Fans Forum Gary Waddock's name is mentioned as the possible replacement for Bobby Wilkinson.

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Fri May 17, 2019 6:13 pm

I remember one of our managers, Mr Holdsworth, " with two fingers up to shots supporters, saying, I'm off to drive round Italy in my new Ferrari, with reference to the car he was given by Chris Macala. Really a nose rub to us all, so as far as I'm concerned, i hope Gary goes away with no comment and wish him well, hope he get's a good new job and does well, because i liked him. Why should he say anything on a message board or any where else for that matter, as most of the time he just got slagged off.