Bolton (we get a mention)

Post Reply
Birdman
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Birdman » Mon May 13, 2019 9:11 pm


Fuggletim
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Fuggletim » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Really positive mention, eh?

shots1965
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by shots1965 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Can't even get our name right

Aldershot... they folded 27 years ago.

Wow 27 years ago
We should at least be in the Championship
So we really haven't progressed that much
4/5 leagues

Birdman
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Birdman » Mon May 13, 2019 11:10 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Can't even get our name right

Aldershot... they folded 27 years ago.


Wow 27 years ago
We should at least be in the Championship
So we really haven't progressed that much
4/5 leagues
Are you referring to this :- “They become the first English Football League side to go into administration since Aldershot Town in 2013.

shots1965
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma usa
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by shots1965 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm

I do apologize... Opps sorry...
Didn't notice the "Town" next line down..

Ancient Shot
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue May 14, 2019 7:49 am

Too eager to get your dig in?

Birdman
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Birdman » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am

shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm
I do apologize... Opps sorry...
Didn't notice the "Town" next line down..
It’s on the same line (even on my phone, either way that I view it, landscape or portrait). What’re you viewing it on?

HarryTom
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by HarryTom » Tue May 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am
shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm
I do apologize... Opps sorry...
Didn't notice the "Town" next line down..
It’s on the same line (even on my phone, either way that I view it, landscape or portrait). What’re you viewing it on?
Has it really got this low now, that we have a post about We Got A Mention,!! there is so much more to life, i'm sure !

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Can't even get our name right

Aldershot... they folded 27 years ago.

Wow 27 years ago
We should at least be in the Championship
So we really haven't progressed that much
4/5 leagues
3, which would equate to a promotion every 9 years!

Statto
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Statto » Tue May 14, 2019 3:57 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Can't even get our name right

Aldershot... they folded 27 years ago.

Wow 27 years ago
We should at least be in the Championship
So we really haven't progressed that much
4/5 leagues
Sky Sports News referred to us as "Aldershot" in their reporting of that subject the other day, which I don't mind. To my way of thinking, it's no different to references to "Ipswich" (without the "Town") or "Tottenham" (without the "Hotspur").

What really gets my goat is when we're erroneously referred to as "Aldershot FC", i.e. the club that ceased to exist in March 1992. What makes that error even more annoying is when the chairman and directors of our club refer to us as "Aldershot FC"!! :evil:

Fuggletim
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Fuggletim » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm

It's like calling your post match fish and chips; fish and French fries, eh Statto?😅😅

Pip@B
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:58 am
Location: more remote than Nobby's world
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Pip@B » Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm
shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Can't even get our name right

Aldershot... they folded 27 years ago.

Wow 27 years ago
We should at least be in the Championship
So we really haven't progressed that much
4/5 leagues
3, which would equate to a promotion every 9 years!
That's quite good when you compare it to pre 92.

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue May 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Pip@B wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm
shots1965 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Can't even get our name right

Aldershot... they folded 27 years ago.

Wow 27 years ago
We should at least be in the Championship
So we really haven't progressed that much
4/5 leagues
3, which would equate to a promotion every 9 years!
That's quite good when you compare it to pre 92.
Yes but in 08 we were averaging a promotion every 3 years 4 months

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:42 pm
Re: Bolton (we get a mention)

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm

More like 3 years 2 and a bit months


Post Reply