So, the interviewing commences

Dr Jim Royle
So, the interviewing commences

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm

On website Manager within next ten days .... BUT only starting to interview now.

Shahid, I've been defending you to the hilt but for heavens sake, only NOW starting to interview ??????

Listen, in any business once CV's commence, so do interviews if one spotted of interest .... why oh why sit on your hands waiting for deadline cut off. Unbelievable !!!

:roll:

chimpster99
Re: So, the interviewing commences

Post by chimpster99 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm

And this is the biggest problem I think we have, there seems to be no sense of urgency in the way the club is being run. Arrangement with GW should have been done and dusted as soon as we were down, advert out and interviews started. Without a cash pot, we need marginal gains to get us ahead of the competition.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Tue May 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm
On website Manager within next ten days .... BUT only starting to interview now.

Shahid, I've been defending you to the hilt but for heavens sake, only NOW starting to interview ??????

Listen, in any business once CV's commence, so do interviews if one spotted of interest .... why oh why sit on your hands waiting for deadline cut off. Unbelievable !!!

There is no rush, think of all the money being saved by delaying the appointment for a few weeks. :roll:

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Err, the season has only just finished in many leagues and surely it's in the club's interest to leave the application window open for a prolonged period to encourage as many candidates as possible?

We're not even halfway through May yet!

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Err, the season has only just finished in many leagues and surely it's in the club's interest to leave the application window open for a prolonged period to encourage as many candidates as possible?

Errrrrr, my point is when you start receiving CV's ones of interest can be called in for interviews asap, why wait until deadline?

I'm NOT saying we should employ someone in a rush, merely siting on your hands wastes time. So instead of a smaller interviewing window by starting process earlier it increases opportunity to interview more.

Think about it !!!

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm

The problem with that is that the 'interviewing panel' may not all be available which is why they would normally set aside one day for all the interviews.

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

You guys get a bit carried away over the smallest thing.

At the forum there were a stated 61 applications.

Whatever your views of the board are, good or bad, I would hardly expect the applications to just sit in a pile until yesterday afternoon when the application window closed.

I would assume that there is already a list of potentials and maybe some interviews have been lined up.

The statement on the site doesn't suggest that anything hasn't already happened. it just says they can now begin the interview process.

supershots

Post by supershots » Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Errrrrr, my point is when you start receiving CV's ones of interest can be called in for interviews asap, why wait until deadline?

I'm NOT saying we should employ someone in a rush, merely siting on your hands wastes time. So instead of a smaller interviewing window by starting process earlier it increases opportunity to interview more.

Think about it !!!

OK but how come I have not been called in? :shock:

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Tue May 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Think about it !!!
I have thought about it - how can you judge the calibre of ANY candidate (at our level) unless you have a full spectrum of candidates to compare them to? In the first week, the board might consider Graham Westley (for example) to be the best option, and then in week two, several outstanding candidates apply - what would be the point in having called Westley in for an interview?

Unless someone absolutely outstanding applies early doors, it makes no sense to start interviewing until you've exhausted the application process.

WTF

Post by WTF » Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Think about it !!!
Totally agree Dr Jim, other clubs who have dispensed with their Managers will have had a look at whats on offer will have made contact with prospectives and made noises. Its plain football business sense!

86/87 Glory Year

Post by 86/87 Glory Year » Tue May 14, 2019 4:59 pm

The chairman appointed Andy Scott and Barry Smith as manager which were very average appointments.

The fan base appointed Gary Waddock cause there was a real desire for him to return the chairman listened to the fans, and overall it was a very good appointment.

I would go for a non league stalwart who has the connections similar to Dowse at Woking. Problem is staying full time are those type of managers suitable probably not. The managers connections are everything. We need a manager who knows the Concord Rovers left back is the best in the league or the right back at Hungerford is a storming wing back.

What we can’t do is go for a Steve Wiglet or Barry Smith who just don’t have the connections to succeed.

ACA

Post by ACA » Tue May 14, 2019 5:00 pm

I suspect that any candidate whose CV looked brilliant will have been asked to attend an interview as soon as the Board finished reading it. I think the notion that the Board will only now make contact with candidates is incorrect.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

https://www.theshots.co.uk/manager-update/

Week Friday it is. No qualms with that. Let them get on with it.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:23 pm

ACA wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:00 pm
I suspect that any candidate whose CV looked brilliant will have been asked to attend an interview as soon as the Board finished reading it. I think the notion that the Board will only now make contact with candidates is incorrect.
Don't hold your breath!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue May 14, 2019 5:25 pm

supershots wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

Think about it !!!

OK but how come I have not been called in? :shock:
Maybe you shouldn’t have filled out your cv using a crayon. 😉 :D