So, the interviewing commences

aldershot-jg
Re: So, the interviewing commences

Post by aldershot-jg » Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Most unemployed managers or ambitious young coaches aren’t just going to apply for one job and sit back to see whether they get it or not, waiting this long before deciding whether to even give them an interview or at least show that we are interested in them might potentially see us miss out on the best.

I know at last count it was 60+ applications that had been received I wonder how many that list has been whittled down too. Will there then be second interviews after that?

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Tue May 14, 2019 5:36 pm

I'll give him or her 18 months max.

Josh

Post by Josh » Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pm

="86/87 Glory Year" post_id=588411 time=1557849583 user_id=457]
The chairman appointed Andy Scott and Barry Smith as manager which were very average appointments.

The fan base appointed Gary Waddock cause there was a real desire for him to return the chairman listened to the fans, and overall it was a very good appointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, GW has left us in the NLS whilst the club run up £1 million losses and got the begging bowl out twice. Both AS and BS left us in a better position.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Tue May 14, 2019 6:22 pm

My concern is who is doing the interviews and how qualified are they? The BODs past track record is poor.

Another concern is the unknown factor, which league will the Shots be in? An ambitious manager may consider this an essential decision making requirement.

ACA

Post by ACA » Tue May 14, 2019 6:25 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm
waiting this long before deciding whether to even give them an interview or at least show that we are interested in them might potentially see us miss out on the best.
But that is not what the statement says. The statement says that the process of interviewing candidates has begun. It does not say "the club will now consider who to invite for interview". Why is there an assumption in this thread that the club have not been arranging interviews for the coming week prior to the deadline?

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Tue May 14, 2019 7:00 pm

ACA wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:25 pm
Why is there an assumption in this thread that the club have not been arranging interviews for the coming week prior to the deadline?
Because it is generally expected by the majority here that we will do things the wrong way. Sometimes with justification but sometimes people do seem to be deliberately hard of thinking.

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 pm

My immediate thought was, that the interview process would take 2 long to finalise, but then because of the Gateshead and Ebbsfleet situation, still not sorted, maybe this is the reason not to rush the process, so that when finalised, we will no which league to play in