Havant and Waterlooville getting their business done early.

AMJS007
Havant and Waterlooville getting their business done early.

Post by AMJS007 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Ross Warner, Anthony Straker and Jonah Ayunga have signed for them.
With their new Manager as well they will be a real threat next season.

Alex
Re: Havant and Waterlooville getting their business done early.

Post by Alex » Tue May 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Agree. I think they will be.

Trust in Gary

Post by Trust in Gary » Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Havant have gone full time. Interesting straker left us cos he could no go full time due to his job but now gone full time with them

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Still part time according to Doswell

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Trust in Gary wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 pm
Havant have gone full time. Interesting straker left us cos he could no go full time due to his job but now gone full time with them
More interesting that you still 'Trust in Gary' :lol:

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Tue May 14, 2019 8:31 pm

People change minds and time changes people!

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 pm

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:31 pm
People change minds and time changes people!
You are right, Paul, that time changes people. I know it's water under the bridge now, but I was bemused and befuddled by the huge number of people on this board who could not work out that the 2018/9 version of Gary Waddock was a completely different manager to the 2007/8 version. Just as Brian Clough at the end of his time at Nottingham Forest was not the same "young man" who first took them on in 1975.

The only sense I can make of it is that my age and experience has taught me things that younger people have yet to work out (and might never manage).

Incidentally, to appreciate Brian Clough properly, you really had to see Nottingham Forest just before he took over (from Allan Brown) and then after he had got them sorted. I saw Forest at Millwall at the beginning of the 1974/5 season. They were absolutely pathetic, easily the worst second-tier team I had ever seen, then or since. The South London Press (not known for hyperbole) called them "a wretched outfit". Tony Woodcock, future superstar, was in the team but looked like he had never played football before. John Robertson, Martin O'Neill and Viv Anderson were in the squad but looked lost. (Mind you, lots of visiting players looked lost against Millwall at the Den in those days, with its legendary wall of noise and abuse of the opposition from the Cold Blow Lane end.) Clough took over a short while later, added the likes of John O'Hare and John McGovern, and what a transformation he conjured up. Promotion to the top division, followed by the Championship followed by the European Cup.

But I digress ... football has never seen the like of Brian Clough again, but even he could not go on forever, and eventually he succumbed to the temptations of alcohol as well as starting to believe his own publicity. And like us with Waddock, Forest stayed with him for far far too long, and have sadly never really recovered from that mistake.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:30 pm
Trust in Gary wrote:
Most of us trusted in Gary but the likes of you and others that have no staying power or loyality and only look for short term success, helped drive him out.

If it wasn't my passion I sort of hope the next guy is even worst to teach you a life lesson Oliver. We have probably made a fundamental error in losing Gary.
I fear the future.

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm
Oliver11 wrote:
Trust in Gary wrote:
Most of us trusted in Gary but the likes of you and others that have no staying power or loyality and only look for short term success, helped drive him out.

If it wasn't my passion I sort of hope the next guy is even worst to teach you a life lesson Oliver. We have probably made a fundamental error in losing Gary.
I fear the future.
Please see my recent post immediately above for a contrary view. Differing opinions are entirely valid, Mr Mouse. Oliver does not agree with you (and neither do I). That is no reason to attack him. What you call "staying power" and "loyalty" I would rather call reluctance to face facts, but that's not to denigrate what you say. We simply see things differently.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:
Trust in Gary wrote:

I fear the future.
Our new manager wont be as good as Gary Waddock and even if he is i doubt he will get us into the football
league. I really hope i am wrong but fear getting rid of the Wadfather will turn out to be a big mistake.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:

I fear the future.
Please see my recent post immediately above for a contrary view. Differing opinions are entirely valid, Mr Mouse. Oliver does not agree with you (and neither do I). That is no reason to attack him. What you call "staying power" and "loyalty" I would rather call reluctance to face facts, but that's not to denigrate what you say. We simply see things differently.
Attacking ? No-one was attacked. :o :o

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:

I fear the future.
Our new manager wont be as good as Gary Waddock and even if he is i doubt he will get us into the football
league. I really hope i am wrong but fear getting rid of the Wadfather will turn out to be a big mistake.
On the contrary, the mistake was hanging on too long, in the forlorn hope that something would change. Not clever.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

I fear the future.
On the contrary, the mistake was hanging on too long, in the forlorn hope that something would change. Not clever.
Me and SCB and many others disagree. Why do you think there were no protests, banners etc. Most of us trusted him and because of the way he was, his previous success, his love of the club, wanted to remain loyal and give the man a chance to turn it round next season.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Tue May 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Couple of good posts there senior Roberto!

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue May 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:48 pm
Couple of good posts there senior Roberto!
O dear DP and there was me thinking we saw things the same....apart from Utd and Liverpool of course :(

Only time will tell, and of course in this case , I'm hoping for a very rare occasion , that I'm very very wrong.