Gallagher leaves

Disturbed Postie
Re: Gallagher leaves

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:43 pm
Not unsurprising but Sad Mr Aldershot is leaving.
Loved his passion and alongside Gary, the heart and soul of the club is falling apart while we wait for a new manager and decision from the league.
I fear for our future. :(

Thanks for everything Jake, we will miss you and your forward rolls more than some will ever admit.
Jesus Christ, you’re like a wet miserable freezing cold day in January sometimes Mick, have an ice cream 🍨 FFS

Bullys Fingertips

Post by Bullys Fingertips » Wed May 15, 2019 1:53 pm

billyboy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 am
Joined Dorking on a two-year deal
2 seasons too late.

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Loved his passion and alongside Gary, the heart and soul of the club is falling apart while we wait for a new manager and decision from the league.

Thanks for everything Jake, we will miss you and your forward rolls more than some will ever admit.
Only you Anon can't see Gallagher was shot some time ago - has been running around as if he's got lead boots on all season. Can't even land the last ditch tackle anymore.

I would suggest NLS is even too good for him now and the correct decision along with Waddock to depart.

Mr Aldershot :lol: you crack me up Anon - will await you coming through the round window by the end of the day..... :wink:

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm

I am also not surprised that Jake has left. He clearly got on well with Gary Waddock and he has no idea what sort of manager the Shots will get, so wise move to play safe and enjoy a new 2 year contract at an ambitious Dorking.

The loss of Gary Waddock and Jake shows what a sad and unecessary mess the BOD has got us in.

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed May 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Charles Dickens wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm
The loss of Gary Waddock and Jake shows what a sad and unecessary mess the BOD has got us in.
:lol:

Deluded

:wink:

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm

The footballing reasons for keeping him were questionable at best, as is this nebulous concept of "he loves the club" - even if that is/was the case, it's no reason to keep hold of a player just for the sake of it (or manager, for that matter).

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 15, 2019 5:49 pm

I want Glenn burvill and Leonard walker back, I’ll go out the back door 🚪😩

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 pm

ACA wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 pm
The footballing reasons for keeping him were questionable at best, as is this nebulous concept of "he loves the club" - even if that is/was the case, it's no reason to keep hold of a player just for the sake of it (or manager, for that matter).
No where did I say I thought we should be keeping Jake.
I genuinely think he did love the club and the fans. He said many a time and was our link to the players. Why would he have bothered every winning game to take time to run to the supporters.
I will miss him.
Would of kept Gary though.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Jesus Christ, you’re like a wet miserable freezing cold day in January sometimes Mick, have an ice cream 🍨 FFS
😘DP. Don’t mind if I do. 🍦

I’m only miserable on here DP. I’m a bundle of laughs in the real world.

Will still miss him though.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Mick, I have full respect for Jake Gallagher and GW but unfortunately we have to move on, I’m gutted that we’re 40% of the way back to 1992 but that’s life unfortunately!

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 pm

I am also not surprised that Jake has left. He clearly got on well with Gary Waddock and he has no idea what sort of manager the Shots will get, so wise move to play safe and enjoy a new 2 year contract at an ambitious Dorking.

Actually Jake stated the last two years his appearances and form had dipped and was not obviously in GW's plans as much, so was no shock to see him move on.

I wish him well in his new venture.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Anyway, did you enjoy your ice cream 🍦? What flavour? Strawberry 🍓 always nice

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed May 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 pm
No where did I say I thought we should be keeping Jake.
Nowhere did I say you did :wink:

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 pm

His waneing of guile and agression seemed to be a metaphor for the team doing the same this season.. Wouldve rather him kick and het stuck in and get sent off a few times... Probably wouldve reset the attitude and stopped us getting relegated!

All the best jaky.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 pm

So easy for Posters to say they have the answers to the Shots future, when they keep repeating the meaningless "we must move on", but move on to where?