Danny Searle

redandbluescb
Re: Danny Searle

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 am

It is what it is can we move on we have a B.O.D. a new management team and in Conf Prem
a new squad of players. The past is the past lets get behind the future of our beloved team.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:04 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 am
It's a shame there are these two or three bitter people who make these scurrilous remarks. They clearly have an axe to grind but fortunately they are few in number
Suspect there's at least one such poster who has two (or more) user names

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:07 pm

If anyone cares to read my reply post to Dr Jim I state the offer was made by a Previous Director, not some consortium from anywhere connected to any other club. As I've said repeatedly now. Ask the Chairman face to face about the offer, whether he told the other board members and shareholders is his issue!
1954, shirley this ex-Director could speak for himself? Maybe take a leaf out of Brian Bloomfield style, open honest views posted on here, whether you agree with him or not he doesn't need any other folk speaking on his behalf.

Do you not think it strange only you bring to light this bid on his behalf?

Why is he not telling all us Shots supporters how he sees the future and how in control he can get us there?

Look, I see no reason why these "mystery folk" cannot speak more openly, otherwise you cannot help but think Walter Mitty is the only person interested in our Club.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Not having a clue as to what is true and what is not regarding other people wanting to take over the club, the only thing I am sure of which I have concluded
from past threads etc is that SA does not always give all the facts. If he did, then surely at the time he said someone was interested in taking over the club ( sure I remember reading this ) he should have made it known who they were and also should have told the other large shareholders.
To me, because he is the largest shareholder I get the feeling that he does in fact think he owns the club and I worry deep down what his real motives are.
We might have a very very long lease on "The Rec "but can we be positive that we will always be there?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:30 pm

IIRC there was gagging order (which had a much posher name) stopping the so called consortium from talking to smaller shareholders at the time

I'd hazard a guess that the board and the major shareholders (aren't they the same people) would have been made aware of what was happening

This was the dodgy Gateshead mob as I recall and not the mystery man mentioned by 1954 of course who has made such an impression on him

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 pm

OK, but why would 1954 say it was an ex director if he did not know something?
I have said it before, I do not trust SA so I would tend to believe 1954 and can only assume he is sworn to secrecy.
Of course I do hope it all comes to light.
And before you think I am the same person as 1954, I can assure you I am not, especially as I am in Australia.
I think people assume some on here have more than one identity just because people share the same views.
I ask you what is the point?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Sworn to secrecy?

Strange actions if so

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Over the years there a have been various offers for the club, some serious, some living in dreamworld and some downright dangerous to the club. Some have involved ex directors, ex staff, ex sponsors and people who have tried to buy other clubs and failed.

The one common occurrence with all of them is that no matter who receives those offers they are always without exception relayed to the rest of the board and major shareholders with any form of controlling interest (usually that is the board). As far as I am aware that's not just morally the right thing to do but is in fact a legal requirement to comply with good governance.

If there was any approach such as 1954 shot suggests then the board would have reviewed it just as they would any offer with or without any previous connection and made a decision on whether its in the clubs best interest or not to progress any further with it. If there is any truth in 1954's assertion then they must have concluded that it was not the right way forward which is what the board of directors is there to do.

Although nothing directly to do with this supposed approach that 1954 shot is suggesting I do recall when the group connected with the mob at Gateshead were making overtures to by us there were many on here who had heard whispers about it praying for it to happen, well what a good job our board (and some major shareholders not on the board) did their due diligence at the time or right now we could be welcoming some of those who are now gone from Gateshead into our boardroom.

By the way someone in a previous post said they were connected to a group from America, no it was Argentina with I believe connections to Maradona.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:22 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 pm
OK, but why would 1954 say it was an ex director if he did not know something?
I have said it before, I do not trust SA so I would tend to believe 1954 and can only assume he is sworn to secrecy.
Of course I do hope it all comes to light.
And before you think I am the same person as 1954, I can assure you I am not, especially as I am in Australia.
I think people assume some on here have more than one identity just because people share the same views.
I ask you what is the point?
Nitpicking maybe, but 1954 said “I heard from a very good source that an offer to take over the club with full control was made by a previous Director in April.”. In other words, 2nd hand ‘information/rumour’. If he’s so adamant that this former director’s ‘offer’ was genuine then 1954 should imo name his “very good source”. And to avoid any speculation (fat chance on here), actually name the former director.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Other prominent contributors to Shotsweb decline to name their sources so I see no reason why 1954 should have to. I ,for one, many years ago, heard from a very reliable source of a takeover offer which was refused by the board at the time. It went no further although they did remain in the background for a good few years.
Stick to your guns 1954 and ignore the 'bullying'.

Nth stand moaner

Post by Nth stand moaner » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:10 pm

A.Shot, are you paid by our chairman to deflect any criticism of him? Or do you lick his bum for free.? Same as others on here, it ain't your club, you ain't always right. 1954 is not someone who makes things up. Wake up genuine shots, all SA cares about is the lease and redevelopment. 1954,. see you in Waitrose pal.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Nth stand moaner wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:10 pm
A.Shot, are you paid by our chairman to deflect any criticism of him? *Or do you lick his bum for free.? Same as others on here, it ain't your club, you ain't always right. 1954 is not someone who makes things up. Wake up genuine shots, all SA cares about is the lease and redevelopment. 1954,. see you in Waitrose pal.
Not everyone sees the Chairman as footballs equivalent of the Devil incarnate, unlike some on here.

*And no need for the crudity!

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Stick to your guns 1954 and ignore the 'bullying'.
Asking a direct question is not a form of bullying, having a debate is not a form of bullying. Being verbally abusive, threatening violence or making accusations could well be though. So if anybody was bullying, I'd say 1954 with his accusation was closer to the mark, don't you?

Over the years I've heard millions of rumours including my ratings are a mile off ........... I never believe any of them :lol:

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Nth stand moaner wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:10 pm
A.Shot, are you paid by our chairman to deflect any criticism of him? Or do you lick his bum for free.? Same as others on here, it ain't your club, you ain't always right. 1954 is not someone who makes things up. Wake up genuine shots, all SA cares about is the lease and redevelopment. 1954,. see you in Waitrose pal.
Do you know 1954 personally?

It's strange that a few posters consider him more trust worthy than SA when he has shown NO proof what so ever of his allegation, yet you and others are prepared to swallow it hook, line and sinker!

And NO, I do not have an intimate relationship with SA, I just want to see everyone treated fairly

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:03 pm

P
Last edited by Cph.shots on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.