Terry Owens and Dementia Care

Terry Owens
Terry Owens and Dementia Care

Post by Terry Owens » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:54 pm

Hello. Please click on the link below and hopefully enjoy the new promotional video of my vocals, which also at times benefits The Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice and of course various dementia care homes.

https://youtu.be/kitMFvfo7iM

Anon E Mouse
Re: Terry Owens and Dementia Care

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Well done Terry. You have a heart of gold (or is it Red and Blue). :) Amazing to bring joy to those folk.

Wish you were our Chairman still to be honest.

You are an amazing and generous Man.

jonty

Post by jonty » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:10 am

Terry you are an aldershot legend

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:30 am

Amazing stuff. With a growing older population, dementia is becoming increasingly common. As there is currently no cure, it is so important that we attempt to provide a good quality of life to those living with the condition.

Well done Terry, such a generous and selfless act.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:11 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 pm
Well done Terry. You have a heart of gold (or is it Red and Blue). :) Amazing to bring joy to those folk.

Yes fantastic and I can't agree more with you Anon, I still wish Terry were still our Chairman with Graham by his side

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:11 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Yes fantastic and I can't agree more with you Anon, I still wish Terry were still our Chairman with Graham by his side
We live in hope.

Terry Owens
Re: WOW

Post by Terry Owens » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:14 pm

I received an Email from Shots Supporter Andrew Butler which bought a lump to my throat and he has asked me to put his words onto Shotstalk so here it is word for word.

18 months ago my father-in-law`s life was ebbing away, no longer able to talk or eat, we knew the end was near. One afternoon you came and entertained the residents at Hill House/Woodside Nursing Home in Fleet where he was being cared for and in that brief moment in time he smiled for the first time in 2 years. You have no idea what that meant to him and to his family.

You have always been a legend to all `Shots` supporters, but that afternoon you crossed the divide and became a legend to a wider and arguably a more deserving group of people. . . . . . Priceless

Shots1954
Re: WOW

Post by Shots1954 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:32 pm

Terry Owens wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:14 pm
I received an Email from Shots Supporter Andrew Butler which bought a lump to my throat and he has asked me to put his words onto Shotstalk so here it is word for word.

18 months ago my father-in-law`s life was ebbing away, no longer able to talk or eat, we knew the end was near. One afternoon you came and entertained the residents at Hill House/Woodside Nursing Home in Fleet where he was being cared for and in that brief moment in time he smiled for the first time in 2 years. You have no idea what that meant to him and to his family.

You have always been a legend to all `Shots` supporters, but that afternoon you crossed the divide and became a legend to a wider and arguably a more deserving group of people. . . . . . Priceless
Now that has brought tears to my eyes.........yes Priceless!

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:40 am

You are a Shots legend Terry, and making the difference for others now too. Just brilliant, while doing something you obviously love too.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:55 am

Aldershot town legend thank you for 92. And now obviously a very caring member of the community.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 am

Every time you think this man has given enough to our club and community over the years, he goes and does something like this!!! Amazing!

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:15 am

Well done Terry !!

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:47 am

Tremendous man!

Terry Owens

Post by Terry Owens » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:44 pm

I sincerely thank all those Shots Supporters for there very kind and unexpected messages, you have made me feel 10 feet tall with pride. I also thank all those that have watched the video.

I must place on record my sincere thanks to " KAPPADEANO " for all his help and support during the filming and then having to put it all together, he is a very clever guy when it comes to doing professional videos and should still be involved with ATFC, but it appears his skills are not required any more: : : I find that rather sad for whatever the reasons are and I wish they could sort out some common ground. " THANK YOU DEAN "

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Terry Owens wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:44 pm
I sincerely thank all those Shots Supporters for there very kind and unexpected messages, you have made me feel 10 feet tall with pride. I also thank all those that have watched the video.

I must place on record my sincere thanks to " KAPPADEANO " for all his help and support during the filming and then having to put it all together, he is a very clever guy when it comes to doing professional videos and should still be involved with ATFC, but it appears his skills are not required any more: : : I find that rather sad for whatever the reasons are and I wish they could sort out some common ground. " THANK YOU DEAN "
When Kappa ‘resigned’ a couple of the reasons that he gave were the time it takes to edit the footage and the costs involved for his equipment. Don’t forget, Kappa voluntarily did his filming for us to watch, he wasn’t employed by the club (unless one knows different). If there was an issue (ie legal/copyright) about the use of that footage, it hasn’t been made public.