Terry Owens and Dementia Care

Shots1954
Re: Terry Owens and Dementia Care

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Terry Owens wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:44 pm
I sincerely thank all those Shots Supporters for there very kind and unexpected messages, you have made me feel 10 feet tall with pride. I also thank all those that have watched the video.

I must place on record my sincere thanks to " KAPPADEANO " for all his help and support during the filming and then having to put it all together, he is a very clever guy when it comes to doing professional videos and should still be involved with ATFC, but it appears his skills are not required any more: : : I find that rather sad for whatever the reasons are and I wish they could sort out some common ground. " THANK YOU DEAN "
Well said Terry

charlie warley

Post by charlie warley » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi Terry, remember if you ever want a band just give me a call.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:46 am

Terry Owens wrote:
I sincerely thank all those Shots Supporters for there very kind and unexpected messages, you have made me feel 10 feet tall with pride. I also thank all those that have watched the video.

I must place on record my sincere thanks to " KAPPADEANO " for all his help and support during the filming and then having to put it all together, he is a very clever guy when it comes to doing professional videos and should still be involved with ATFC, but it appears his skills are not required any more: : : I find that rather sad for whatever the reasons are and I wish they could sort out some common ground. " THANK YOU DEAN "
How can anyone not be impressed by what you are doing. I am 58. My mum went senile. Her mum went senile. They say it is hereditary and it scares the s*** out of me. You are doing a great job.

Regarding KAPPADEANO aren't the club missing a trick? Pay him. Surely his videos promote the club.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:11 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:46 am
Terry Owens wrote:

How can anyone not be impressed by what you are doing. I am 58. My mum went senile. Her mum went senile. They say it is hereditary and it scares the s*** out of me. You are doing a great job.

Regarding KAPPADEANO aren't the club missing a trick? Pay him. Surely his videos promote the club.
Not for me. *If the club has cash to spare then get Tayley back on board. If Kappa needs/wants paying then that I feel is for him to publicly say so. I don’t believe though that he does want paying.

*oxymoron alert

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm

So why is he no longer doing it? I was under the impression that it was because of expense.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:11 pm
lanternhall wrote:
Terry Owens wrote:

Not for me. *If the club has cash to spare then get Tayley back on board. If Kappa needs/wants paying then that I feel is for him to publicly say so. I don’t believe though that he does want paying.

*oxymoron alert
Sent you a private message. You didn't have the ******** to reply. Find your oxymoron alert totally offensive. And you are a moderator. **** off and stuff your site. Ban me.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Only on here could someone resort to abuse at a moderator over a different point of view.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:39 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm
Birdman wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:11 pm
lanternhall wrote:

*oxymoron alert
Sent you a private message. You didn't have the ******** to reply. Find your oxymoron alert totally offensive. And you are a moderator. **** off and stuff your site. Ban me.
You PM’d me at 13:32 and then posted your ‘love note’ at 13:45. I didn’t reply earlier because I’ve been out to lunch and I’ve only just got back in.
If you read my post again you should notice that the first few words of my second sentence were in italics and preceded by an * as was my *oxymoron alert, meaning that they were linked. You need to look up the meaning of oxymoron to realise that I wasn’t calling you an oxy or a moron.

ACA

Post by ACA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Lazio wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 pm
Only on here could someone resort to abuse at a moderator over a different point of view.
On a positive thread about dementia care, no less.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:38 am

Lazio wrote:
Was not a different point of view. This moderator labelled me a moron. I do not accept explanation. Did not need to be done.
This is last ever post. I am done with this site.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 am

lanternhall wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:38 am
Lazio wrote:
Was not a different point of view. This moderator labelled me a moron. I do not accept explanation. Did not need to be done.
This is last ever post. I am done with this site.
Err, no I didn’t. Look up ‘oxymoron’ and then re-read my reply (@ 2:39pm) to you.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:58 am

Classic!

(Oxymoron = a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction, e.g. "if the club has cash to spare")

James Frazer

Post by James Frazer » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 am

The wonders of the English language. It's amazing that it's regarded as an international language when it can cause so much confusion with folk for whom it's the mother tongue. I am always impressed that those from other countries master it so well.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Terry will be back, he’s much too young and special to stay away from distweb!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:54 pm

James Frazer wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 am
The wonders of the English language. It's amazing that it's regarded as an international language when it can cause so much confusion with folk for whom it's the mother tongue. I am always impressed that those from other countries master it so well.
Are we sure that Lanternhall was being serious or was he actually making a joke and winding Birdman up by pretending to misunderstand and be insulted by it.