Kappadeano

80fc
Kappadeano

Post by 80fc » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:11 pm

A few new videos appearing on YouTube, some good stuff from days gone by

Kappadeano
Re: Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks for noticing. Loads of 80’s, 90’s etc to follow as well as more up to date stuff. Please subscribe on YouTube...... KappadeanoTV.......thanks

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Some great stuff Deano.
Will you be back next season doing games ? We hope so. Never as good when you aren’t doing the games.

Kappadeano

Post by Kappadeano » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm

In all honesty I would say it’s unlikely. There are volunteers and volunteers. When it starts to cost heavily, it’s time to stop. Business sponsorship would assist but not sure the club would allow it.

In the meantime I hope you’re enjoying the historical stuff on my YouTube channel.

Edit: If the mods are happy maybe a little sticky with the old videos posted might be nice. Got loads planned. From Keith Bertchin to Leon Gutzmore, Puckett to Abbott.......loads of memories.

I will just stick this one on for good measure..... https://youtu.be/M3g3Q_5bgTQ

ExileJohn

Post by ExileJohn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Kappadeano wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm
In all honesty I would say it’s unlikely. There are volunteers and volunteers. When it starts to cost heavily, it’s time to stop. Business sponsorship would assist but not sure the club would allow it.

In the meantime I hope you’re enjoying the historical stuff on my YouTube channel.

Edit: If the mods are happy maybe a little sticky with the old videos posted might be nice. Got loads planned. From Keith Bertchin to Leon Gutzmore, Puckett to Abbott.......loads of memories.

I will just stick this one on for good measure..... https://youtu.be/M3g3Q_5bgTQ
The club are looking for a volunteer

https://www.theshots.co.uk/videographer-vacancy/

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Kappadeano wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm

I think the club must be crazy to turn down what you offer. Not only does it showcase the club, it's encourages the players too, and allows stray shots to keep involved with the club. Your close up actions shots are the envy of football media, and unless you have had a major fallout with the club, I don't understand why you aren't invited back with open arms and being offered to have your expenses paid for.
We have some odd decision makers at our club that's for sure, and we are poorer without you Deano. I just don't understand. They will be banning young Jake next !!! :oops:

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 pm

How many times do we have to have this nonsense on here, this is about the third time that we have had people trying to make the club somehow responsible for Kappadeano deciding not to carry on doing his alternative view videos.

Let me make it clear as has been said many times before The club has not turned down Dean, they have not told him he cant film, they have not discouraged him, they have not interfered with him in any way. WHY CANT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND OR ACCEPT THAT. Yes I have just shouted because these sort of false accusations against the club are an absolute disgrace and whether done through ignorance or malicious intent make me really angry particlarly when its over something that has been clarified on here before.By all means criticise the club when they do get something wrong, criticise if you must individuals at the club if they make mistakes but for goodness sake stop trying to paint the club in a bad light for something they have nothing to do with.

The club have always been happy to allow Dean "Access all areas" on a match day, they have welcomed and enjoyed his vidoes and have even put them on the official website for him. Over the years the club has even made arrangements with Dean to do some excellent videos on behalf of the club such as "The Insider series". No one at the club wanted Dean to stop doing his videos and I am absolutely certain that if he were to say he wanted to do them again then the club would welcome him back with open arms and give him exactly the same access that he had before.

Dean has made it clear a number of times that there were two reasons that he gave up doing it, firstly because it was very time consuming and he wanted to get some of his life back and secondly because repairs etc to his equipment were becoming expensive. Now Anon E Mouse suggests in his last post that the club should pick up these costs (I believe Dean did also ask if this was possible), well sorry but why should they, I would go so far as to say they absolutely shouldn't and I hope they wont. At a time when we know that the club has financial challenges due to the poor season we have just had it would be insane for them to start spending money to support someone who is not employed by the club to carry out an activity which may be hugely loved by us supporters but has no business benefit to the club and is not an actual requirement of the club.

Now if Dean was to change his mind and decide he would like to carry on and would like to start a go fund me page then I will 100% make a generous donation and I am sure many others who enjoy his videos will also do so and I bet we could fund his equipment within a week.

Dean is a great bloke who is a fantastic supporter who always produces fantastic work and I would love him to carry on but he does it for us so not for the club so if we want it then we should pay for it, LEAVE THE CLUB OUT OF IT

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 pm
How many times do we have to have this nonsense on here, this is about the third time that we have had people trying to make the club somehow responsible for Kappadeano deciding not to carry on doing his alternative view videos.

Let me make it clear as has been said many times before The club has not turned down Dean, they have not told him he cant film, they have not discouraged him, they have not interfered with him in any way. WHY CANT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND OR ACCEPT THAT. Yes I have just shouted because these sort of false accusations against the club are an absolute disgrace and whether done through ignorance or malicious intent make me really angry particlarly when its over something that has been clarified on here before.By all means criticise the club when they do get something wrong, criticise if you must individuals at the club if they make mistakes but for goodness sake stop trying to paint the club in a bad light for something they have nothing to do with.

The club have always been happy to allow Dean "Access all areas" on a match day, they have welcomed and enjoyed his vidoes and have even put them on the official website for him. Over the years the club has even made arrangements with Dean to do some excellent videos on behalf of the club such as "The Insider series". No one at the club wanted Dean to stop doing his videos and I am absolutely certain that if he were to say he wanted to do them again then the club would welcome him back with open arms and give him exactly the same access that he had before.

Dean has made it clear a number of times that there were two reasons that he gave up doing it, firstly because it was very time consuming and he wanted to get some of his life back and secondly because repairs etc to his equipment were becoming expensive. Now Anon E Mouse suggests in his last post that the club should pick up these costs (I believe Dean did also ask if this was possible), well sorry but why should they, I would go so far as to say they absolutely shouldn't and I hope they wont. At a time when we know that the club has financial challenges due to the poor season we have just had it would be insane for them to start spending money to support someone who is not employed by the club to carry out an activity which may be hugely loved by us supporters but has no business benefit to the club and is not an actual requirement of the club.

Now if Dean was to change his mind and decide he would like to carry on and would like to start a go fund me page then I will 100% make a generous donation and I am sure many others who enjoy his videos will also do so and I bet we could fund his equipment within a week.

Dean is a great bloke who is a fantastic supporter who always produces fantastic work and I would love him to carry on but he does it for us so not for the club so if we want it then we should pay for it, LEAVE THE CLUB OUT OF IT
Wow. Good job I didn't mention the dirty knife :shock:

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Sorry as I seem to have touched a nerve Richard.
Deano is the only one that knows the true story, but from what he has posted in the past both on here and on twitface, it doesn't seem like the door is truely open.
He can come on and tell, if he wants too.

I really don't think it's purely down to money, but like you, if a just giving page was opened I too would give money to see the video's back.

I strongly disagree that his work has no benefits to the club. As said, it inspires the players, it introduces new fans in a way that the standard videos certainly don't, and keeps people that can't get the the game far more in touch with their club. I think you missed all these points while having a possibly justified rant.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:40 pm

Its not just you Anon E Mouse and the reply wasn't aimed just at you.

It just gets to the point where as soon as something happens that's negative there is an automatic reaction that somehow the club have caused it whether there is actually anything to back that assumption up or not. Some people like yourself are actually a bit more inquisitive to find out the facts but there are some who simply seem to celebrate the opportunity to have a dig at the club. There are also some who do know better and who should perhaps have a little more empathy with those trying to run the club who use this board and face to face gossip to wind people up against the club and its board to satisfy their own agenda's.

The difficulty with many recent situations like this one today is that someone who speaks negatively all the time about the club is deemed to be "Saying it as it is" whilst those that try to maintain some balance in the argument are seen as being either a bit thick, naïve, or a mouthpeice of the club. The club don't always get things right and when they do drop the ball they cant get upset if they are then picked up on it, but lets all try and find out first who is to blame before hanging them out to dry.

As I acknowledged in my post (Rant) above there was an issue over the money and perhaps Dean did feel disappointed that the club didn't pay for the equipment but as I said earlier I don't believe it would have been right for the club to have spent that money and at no time did the club say they wanted to stop Dean from filming or make it difficult for him to do so. My view which may or may not be shared by others is that if we were a wealthy club then anything can have money spent on it but as a supporter all I personally want to see the club spending money on is bare essentials and the playing squad as staying in this league and aiming for promotion is all that really matters at the moment along with working on the future development of the stadium. Anything else no matter how nice it would be is diluting the limited funds that we have and that just mustn't happen. In the old days when I was the supporters club chairman this would have been the sort of thing that I and my fellow committee members would have taken control of and assuming we felt this was a worthy cause we would have looked at how this could be funded. That might have been through supporter fundraising or it may have even been something that we might have used supporters club funds for as it is definitely something for the benefit of supporters. Perhaps the Trust could look at it in the same way.

brian bloomfield

Post by brian bloomfield » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Have always enjoyed the excellent videos of Deans
I was always under the impression that Dean found the time to make the videos to the quality he does a bit of a burden with a young family which must of course always come first.
I agree with Richard Petty that the fans ( and we are all fans) should help Dean in the financing of repairs and this is not the clubs responsibility. In addition if the club doesn’t mind I’ll actively seek a new sponsor to help towards the cost and like RP will donate anyway if a crowd funding situation is instigated instead.
Although as RP stated, there is no direct financial benefit of the videos to the club I certainly agree with Anon E Mouse that these Kappadeano videoes bring a lot of indirect benefits and long may they continue. UTS

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Im not suggesting this is the clubs fault or anyones for that matter but im not sure its such a bad use of money... Assuming we arent talking 1000s of pounds obviously.

When someone makes something that is enjoyed by 100s of our fans and is pasionate about the club i would be looking to find any way to utilise their talent, even if that is using the clubs clout to seek financial help from outside to sponsor them being made

Ecuador17

Post by Ecuador17 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:27 pm

I listen to all matches from Ecuador and Kappadeano's films were the ideal link to my matchday experience.

They were professionally produced and I'm sure the envy of other clubs.

I'm willing to contribute to any fund raising scheme that is organized, however Paypal would be the preferred method of payment.

mountpleasant61

Post by mountpleasant61 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:28 am

I am in Australia and go 100% with Ecuador17 and also with the paypal method.
Please Brian Bloomfield do what you can, we all know already what a passionate supporter you are.
People have mentioned before how much they would love to have you back on the BOD including me, preferably running it.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Ha!! That guztmore goal.. North stand shocked into ironic disbelief..