Lewis Kinsella: Marmite Scenario?

Dr Jim Royle
Re: Lewis Kinsella: Marmite Scenario?

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm

I can also remember his spat at fans away to Solihull. Have to say it did him no favours, one thing sticking up for team mates etc and another for not just turning a cheek and not getting involved with fans. He certainly didn’t endear himself to certain fans that day.
But all I care is how he performs on the pitch this season coming, I hope he hasn’t just resigned because nobody else showed an interest. He has the ability playing wise, temperament I’m not so sure.

Norwich Nick

Post by Norwich Nick » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Lewis Kinsella appeared to lose his way a bit after getting injured..... prior to that one of our better players since his arrival (and consistent too). Was quite pleased he'd re-signed as think he offers a more complete package than most left backs at our level.

As for previous incumbents, Darren Barnard was always a favourite of mine. Gave the whole team a heartbeat with his passion and a brilliant dead ball delivery. Slowed down a bit towards the end, but that in itself added some slightly nerve-jangling excitement to his frequent forays forward.

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:59 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 pm
FarnhamATFC wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Straker was/is better then Kinsella
You obviously watch a different game to everyone else. Kinsella is a proper tough tackling and
good going forward and crosser of the ball full back. Straker was good going forward.
Exactly

Good going forward - rubbish at defending (which was his job, whether he liked it or not)
Totally agree with both of you

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:10 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 pm
I can also remember his spat at fans away to Solihull. Have to say it did him no favours, one thing sticking up for team mates etc and another for not just turning a cheek and not getting involved with fans. He certainly didn’t endear himself to certain fans that day.
But all I care is how he performs on the pitch this season coming, I hope he hasn’t just resigned because nobody else showed an interest. He has the ability playing wise, temperament I’m not so sure.
I wasn't aware he spat at fans. I was going to defend him as I thought he was a good full back but as far as I am concerned if he spat at the fans, he should never have played for us again.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:13 am

Sorry Dr. Tired. Just reread your post. It was his spat. Not he spat.

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 am

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:13 am
You can edit your post to change it.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:46 am

scorp wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 am
lanternhall wrote:
How? Me and modern technology don't get on?

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 am

I really don't understand most of you guys on here.

The amount of stick you guys give everyone over one little thing or another is embarrassing, i'm sure fans from other clubs reading this are laughing about everything on here, same as we do to them.

As i have said before, this is OUR team, OUR players, whether they played well last season or not, last season was last season.

Yes we all have different opinions, but there are ways of debating rather than just pulling a player apart and let the pack of wolves who agree with everything you say take chunks out of them and if anyone disagrees then everything is turned on them.

We have a new manager with ambitions, he has come here and he is trying to sell himself along with his visions.

We have a new (partly) team, full of professional players who have bought into this looking to improve themselves and the team, he needs the fans to get behind him and the team too.

Yes there will be a shaky start and there will be patches where we don't perform 100%.

We need to give the whole team a chance to change things from last season.

If you were at work and had 1000+ people watching you, and then slating you off, (mostly behind your back as i'm sure most players will not visit here often as it is so toxic), if you had made a mistake or had an off day you wouldn't take it very well.

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 am

lanternhall wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:46 am
scorp wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 am
lanternhall wrote:
How? Me and modern technology don't get on?
Posts can't be changed it after they've been commented on, though. For posts that haven't been commented on, see the symbols on the page, to the right or top right of the post.. "x" is for deleting the post. To the left of "x" is a sort of simple pen/edit symbol. Click that to edit. If your using a phone, the edit and x symbols are in bold text above the post.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:32 pm

You can still change a post after its been commented on scorp but it will then say underneath it that it has been edited. What you cant do is change someone else's post if they have quoted your original post.

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 pm

People thought he was rubbish as well. They need to remember the're watching national league and not Premier league
[/quote]

A good reminder.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Topshot, nice sentiments but you seek fan utopia which in these days will never happen. Today actively gives all a chance to voice opinions, trying to stop that even if it goes against your own feelings has no chance simply put.
Footballers are part of an entertainment industry where in general people pay to watch. So you are like it or not put in the shop window. I think they both need to be thick skinned and able to turn the other cheek. Of course some players are happy to air their own views on likes of Twitter, do they suffer the same wrath to you?
I’m not a lover of telling any football fan how they should behave, I may not like what they do or say, I may reply to it but would never censor.
COYS

TopShot

Post by TopShot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm
Topshot, nice sentiments but you seek fan utopia which in these days will never happen. Today actively gives all a chance to voice opinions, trying to stop that even if it goes against your own feelings has no chance simply put.
Footballers are part of an entertainment industry where in general people pay to watch. So you are like it or not put in the shop window. I think they both need to be thick skinned and able to turn the other cheek. Of course some players are happy to air their own views on likes of Twitter, do they suffer the same wrath to you?
I’m not a lover of telling any football fan how they should behave, I may not like what they do or say, I may reply to it but would never censor.
COYS
I agree with what you say Jim, but as far as i'm aware we are all grown ups on this site but sometimes the constant bickering and name calling (not totally in this subject but just in general) is incredibly childish.

I'm all for debate and people airing their views and reasons, but when things start to become personal or just downright insulting it makes you wonder if some people are fit to be in here without someone overseeing their actions. Again this is just a generalisation of a number of posts.

Yes they are there for us to watch and it is their job to entertain us, and yes they need to take some flack from people but likewise we need to take the same.

I had heard things being said on here that Lewis has a pop at some fans etc but its a bit six of one, half a dozen of the other.

However i believe when things become personal or get taken just too far things need to be done about it.

There are only a few posts on here that go into depth as to "why this and why that" and then you just get some that just say "i dont like them" without any follow up or reason (ultimately they are looking for an argument) which some people jump on the back of.

Perhaps you're right with the fans utopia. Never going to happen, but lets at least wait until the start of the season to knock someone.

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Lewis good defender at this level.
Strakes was better going forward, and could play midfield.
I'm glad we have Lewis for another season.

baldershot

Post by baldershot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:16 pm

stevieshot wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm
Lewis good defender at this level.
Strakes was better going forward, and could play midfield.
I'm glad we have Lewis for another season.

I think the variation in views about Lewis may be between those who have only seen him at home, and those who have watched a lot of away games. As one of the latter, I have seen him make a large number of bad mistakes which have cost us goals (not just last season). I see that on stats sites that he has only got 2 assists credited, and he did miss a penalty against Ebbsfleet in the play-off that would have won us the game. Therefore, I am not a great fan of his. However, if he is fit, and Danny has the defence better organised, I can see why he has retained him.