Playing teams at the wrong times

Anon E Mouse
Playing teams at the wrong times

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 pm

We seem to have a habit of playing the strong teams first in seasons and never the weaker ones until they have had a change in fortunes.
We needed an Ebbsfleet or a Chesterfield and we got a Fylde and a Solihull.

Seems the same every season. A few years ago one team were getting hammered week in week out by everyone and just as we played them they came into some form. Hyde I think it was. Law of the sod maybe

Disturbed Postie
Re: Playing teams at the wrong times

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:51 pm
We seem to have a habit of playing the strong teams first in seasons and never the weaker ones until they have had a change in fortunes.

Seems the same every season. A few years ago one team were getting hammered week in week out by everyone and just as we played them they came into some form. Hyde I think it was. Law of the sod maybe
More excuses Mick, time for dinner 🥘

margateshot

Post by margateshot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:13 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:

Except for last season when every team were in form when they played us!!! :D

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:44 am

Wrong time, bad referees, train too noisy, too many leaves 🍁 on the pitch in October

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 am

The Feng Shui at the rec has been wrong for a while. We need to move the South Stand into the High Street and get people to come in wearing slippers

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:57 am

hepcat wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 am
The Feng Shui at the rec has been wrong for a while. We need to move the South Stand into the High Street and get people to come in wearing slippers

Indeed, I noted the downturn when the washing machine was removed from the South Stand :D

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:17 am

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Yes. Excuses maybe but factual DP.
If we had started with Chesterfield, Ebbsfleet Chorley and Dagenham rather than Fylde, Solihull, Bromley and Halifax we would probably had a better start. Fine if now those are out of the way that we start winning but unfortunately losing can become a habit and it would have been kinder with a new manager and team to have had an easier start and some confidence building wins.
That’s all I’m saying.
We have to play them all at some point and there are no gimmies anymore ...well apart from Woking of course 😄

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:28 am

Unlucky maybe this season but lucky that the last two games of last season were against H&W and Maidstone.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:59 pm

Doesn't matter who you play its very important to win home games to avoid a relegation battle again.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:17 am
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:

If we had started with Chesterfield, Ebbsfleet Chorley and Dagenham rather than Fylde, Solihull, Bromley and Halifax we would probably had a better start. Fine if now those are out of the way that we start winning but unfortunately losing can become a habit and it would have been kinder with a new manager and team to have had an easier start and some confidence building wins.
That’s all I’m saying.
We have to play them all at some point and there are no gimmies anymore ...well apart from Woking of course 😄
Mick, you’ll be fine

80fc

Post by 80fc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:57 am
hepcat wrote:

Indeed, I noted the downturn when the washing machine was removed from the South Stand :D
Maybe we need to put the plastic flowers from the 70s back in the boardroom

supershots

Post by supershots » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:06 am

Seems that is 3pm on a saturday :shock:

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:18 am

hepcat wrote:
:lol:

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:35 am

That’s all I’m saying.
We have to play them all at some point and there are no gimmies anymore ...well apart from Woking of course
How on earth do you reckon we'd have beaten alternatives? Halifax were every bodies favs for the drop !!

I'd think nowadays most Clubs say we are playing Shots at the best time ...... their chances of winning any game is more remote than Trump being politically correct !!

The simple fact is the last 18 months under Waddock we became poor and in all honesty we aint improved much under new regime .... Didn't go but listening to those who did, many said we ran out of steam second half so the positive of running all day looks to have sank as well already !!!

Playing wise we are in a downward spiral and "Fortress Rec" has long been dismantled

COYS

BillB

Post by BillB » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:35 pm

reinstate the floral clock. Things have never been the same since that was dug up.