Match Day Thread vs BARROW

BloodshotFOREVER
Re: Match Day Thread vs BARROW

Post by BloodshotFOREVER » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:38 pm
Dave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:40 pm
Probably none of my business but when do you start to question the manager?
I thought we were all told from the start everyone needed at least 10 games to gell..

Presumably if we fail up at Stockport that will be pushed back to 20 games and then we will have to at least wait until the new year...

Then as the winter months pass we will just need to win that game in hand and beat some other dross side at home and we will be out of the relegation zone and everything will be alright...

Anyone else get that deja vu feeling...

How can a club not win a saturday home game in 10 months?????. Incredible.
Deja vu for sure.

Generically, 10 games is usually the benchmark set to see where we are and what we are about. Its also about the time when you can get a good feel of how the season will pan out. Not many teams turn their form around after 10 games imho.

At this time, albeit 9 games in, I personally feel we are heading for more of the same (when's the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup?!)

Its the amount of home defeats so early on that troubles me, if im being honest, along with the lack of some sort of goalscorer.

Gut feeling is we are heading for another relegation scrap!

Oliver11

Post by Oliver11 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:45 pm
Oliver11 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:28 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Ye who can’t normally wait to put the boot into managers.
Totally different - DS has just walked through the door and given no where near the chances other managers get, completely ridiculous suggesting he should be replaced already.

On the other hand GW had 3 seasons to build something again, racking up unbelievable records in his final year whilst being backed with an endless list of players. His constant poor body language and innuendos fully warranted to be hounded out.
2 of those Waddock seasons ended up in play offs and then something dramatically changed. He kept hinting that something was wrong / affecting him but wasn’t able to say.
You don’t go from 2 play offs to awful as a person or a manager.

Searle was a punt. Nice guy all the badges very little experience and so far not looking any better.
I’m not going to hound him out but suspect you will in a few months time.
The clock is ticking for him, the crowd turned today. I saw proper staunch supporters walking out just after the hour and people on here that have had enough. This isn’t about this season alone. It’s a combination of the last 2 , and the poor entertainment and no fire power.
First season back excellent.

Second season we made the playoffs yet we were average and lost form progressively.

Third season was too bad to be true and yes my guess is something was happening within or privately as GW wasn't himself, unrecognisable.

Whatever it was he had to go, there simply was no choice for either party.

As for Danny he deserves more than 9 matches but if things look different / desperate down the line then changes have to be considered, every business is the same.

He's been unlucky that supporters patience is thin, this can't be blamed as the past couple of seasons have taken there toll but getting on his back already.....

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Oliver11 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:04 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:

Totally different - DS has just walked through the door and given no where near the chances other managers get, completely ridiculous suggesting he should be replaced already.

On the other hand GW had 3 seasons to build something again, racking up unbelievable records in his final year whilst being backed with an endless list of players. His constant poor body language and innuendos fully warranted to be hounded out.
2 of those Waddock seasons ended up in play offs and then something dramatically changed. He kept hinting that something was wrong / affecting him but wasn’t able to say.

Searle was a punt. Nice guy all the badges very little experience and so far not looking any better.
The clock is ticking for him, the crowd turned today. I saw proper staunch supporters walking out just after the hour and people on here that have had enough. This isn’t about this season alone. It’s a combination of the last 2 , and the poor entertainment and no fire power.
First season back excellent.

Second season we made the playoffs yet we were average and lost form progressively.

Third season was too bad to be true and yes my guess is something was happening within or privately as GW wasn't himself, unrecognisable.

Whatever it was he had to go, there simply was no choice for either party.

As for Danny he deserves more than 9 matches but if things look different / desperate down the line then changes have to be considered, every business is the same.

He's been unlucky that supporters patience is thin, this can't be blamed as the past couple of seasons have taken there toll but getting on his back already.....
Very good post MR twist!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Ye who can’t normally wait to put the boot into managers.

I can't stand this something went wrong in last season for Waddock but he can't say. Pathetic.

What went wrong was he got found out. Signed crap players and his lifeline of Ipswich players was gone as Mcarthy got sacked.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:41 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:

I can't stand this something went wrong in last season for Waddock but he can't say. Pathetic.

What went wrong was he got found out. Signed crap players and his lifeline of Ipswich players was gone as Mcarthy got sacked.
Terry, it’s very disturbing!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:49 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:

McCarthy wasn’t sacked. His contract was coming to an end and wasn’t going to be renewed. He left the club on 10 April 18 after a 1-0 home win.

From Statto’s favourite website :- On 29 March 2018, Ipswich Town announced that McCarthy would be leaving the club at the end of the 2017–18 season on the expiry of his contract, along with assistant manager Terry Connor, after talks with owner Marcus Evans. He left the club earlier than expected on 10 April 2018, shortly after a 1–0 home win over Barnsley.

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Correction taken but my point still stands.

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:18 pm

didnt enjoy that today although if you watch chislett and keep watching him for at least 5 mins at a time you can see his brain working pity there are not a few more around him with a bit more of a footballing brain.
anyway he wont be at aldershot very long before hes spotted for better things.
and as for the redevelopment of the ground well by then we will be more likely playing petersfield town or better still chichester city
as its been said on here no win in such a long time at home, we are so lucky to still be getting 1600 at home games a credit to all who still go

Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:18 pm
didnt enjoy that today although if you watch chislett and keep watching him for at least 5 mins at a time you can see his brain working pity there are not a few more around him with a bit more of a footballing brain.
anyway he wont be at aldershot very long before hes spotted for better things.
and as for the redevelopment of the ground well by then we will be more likely playing petersfield town or better still chichester city
as its been said on here no win in such a long time at home, we are so lucky to still be getting 1600 at home games a credit to all who still go
I agree with all of the above.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Today was very disappointing and reminded me a lot of the Torquay game. There were some decent periods of defending but because we were creating very little in midfield and even less than little up front we were having to absorb far more pressure from barrow than we should have been, in the end we failed to keep them out. Barrow were actually quite good in some periods of the game but unfortunately that cant be used as an excuse for the fact that we were poor. I am not going to single out any players for criticism because those that didn't have a good game today will I am sure be very aware and don't need their noses rubbing in it.

After last season which it has to be said was hard work for us as supporters we are so fearful of a repeat of last season that its clear Danny isn't being given the time and patience that a manager would normally get, its an understandable emotion but I do still believe as I said after the Torquay game that its still a bit too soon to be getting on the managers back. He had a difficult start with having to sign players who were also prepared to play in NLS which limited his choices plus we do also have some key players out with injuries which is like last season having an affect. Having said that our choices were limited its also fair to say that there are still a good number of players in our squad who are decent players for this level and who have shown that quality in other games, they just need to get the consistency and all show their quality at the same time rather than individually in different games.

I left the ground, fed up and I am sat here still fed up but do I feel ready for calling for anyone to fall on their sword or have a sword plunged into them, no not yet, but there must be improvement and fast.

Statto

Post by Statto » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Who is Reece Wylie?
Youth teamer. Played in the 7-0 defeat v Bedford last season.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:22 pm

After last season which it has to be said was hard work for us as supporters we are so fearful of a repeat of last season that its clear Danny isn't being given the time and patience that a manager would normally get, its an understandable emotion but I do still believe as I said after the Torquay game that its still a bit too soon to be getting on the managers back. He had a difficult start with having to sign players who were also prepared to play in NLS which limited his choices plus we do also have some key players out with injuries which is like last season having an affect. Having said that our choices were limited its also fair to say that there are still a good number of players in our squad who are decent players for this level and who have shown that quality in other games, they just need to get the consistency and all show their quality at the same time rather than individually in different games.
I often read your comments Richard and it has a calming effect on me ................... Not today though Fella !!! I refuse to buy into had to sign players with back burner of NLS in mind ........... this squad would NOT be competitive in NLS either. Danny has simply been found out with not having the experience, contacts or in the know agents, his choice of player he could call upon is very limiting and his pre season sermon of looking at goal scorers capable of bagging onion bags of goals was a tadge OTT looking at what's on show currently.

Don't get me wrong, I can see fans still giving him time as can I see the BOD doing the same ...... but he's lost me and unless results improve rapidly it'll be only you and the BOD thinking end of November fine. Fan's patience I believe fast runs out given what the Club has seen in last two seasons, I certainly did not hear one bit of pro talk walking out of ground today saying things gonna be fine.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:37 pm

We are simply not good enough. 2 of our best 3 players this season were signed by Gary Waddock. Finney and Rowe.
Fowler and Agyepong not far behind. Dannys only good signing is Chislett. This team would be mid table in conf south.

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Report with photos, our goal and that penalty miss (for those brave enough to want to relive it)...

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/09/0 ... yet-again/

SW Shot

Post by SW Shot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 pm

I really believe that last season’s reprieve is one of the worst things that could have happened to this football club.
After last season, we needed to get a feel-good factor back at the club - quite simply, people will pay money to watch a winning team. We needed to be a big fish in a small pond, put together some momentum - you only have to look at the starts that both Woking and Torquay have made this season. But as it stands, we’ve appointed a cheap manager, a cheap squad and quite simply we’re paying the price for that. I suspect we’ll only see 2 more 2,000+ crowds this season - Notts County & Woking - and that’ll kill this club.
I don’t know what the answer is right now, but I can’t see anything but relegation this season.